+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Concept Adds a Toggle Drop Down Button to the Status Bar

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,030 Times in 755 Posts

Default New Concept Adds a Toggle Drop Down Button to the Status Bar

Toggles. iOS simply needs toggles. They’re an easy way to accomplish tasks without having to dig through the Settings application the way that Apple designed iOS to make the user do.

This new iOS 7 concept adds a new icon to the Status Bar that resembles the Notification Center button in OS X Mountain Lion, which, when tapped, drops down a gray toggle window. The toggle window includes controls for display brightness, music, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, battery information, orientation lock, alarm, and more.

For a mobile-friendly video link that works with our app, tap on the video link below:

Video Link

Not only can users tap on the individual cells to perform tasks, but by swiping left or right on the individual cells, the user can access even more advanced controls, such as additional music controls when swiping on the Music toggle cell, or additional brightness controls when swiping on the brightness toggle cell.

The user can hide the gray toggle window by simply tapping on the OS X Mountain Lion-like button in the Status Bar a second time. Notably, the toggle interface can be accessed from anywhere, whether you're on the lock screen, home screen, or within an application where the Status Bar is visible.

With integrated customization features, the user will be able to enable or disable specific toggles depending on what they use the most. There is no word yet on whether or not this concept will be made into a jailbreak tweak to be hosted on Cydia. Is this something you’d like to use?

Sources: YouTube

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes yes yes, please!

Unfortunately someone stole my iPHone 5 @ the gym today. Looked like it was planned because it happened after a quick 5 minutes shower. Ugh! Im so mad of myself on forgetting to lock my locker!!!

Also, the thief left a note saying he stole it because he saw my iPhone JAILBROKEN!!! what an ***!

Anyone selling any unlocked att phone? I feel so lost without my freakin iPhone u guys.
    Last edited by sean637; 04-09-2013 at 11:59 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

This is what SBsettings has done for years.....

My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sean637 View Post
    Yes yes yes, please!

Unfortunately someone stole my iPHone 5 @ the gym today. Looked like it was planned because it happened after a quick 5 minutes shower. Ugh! Im so mad of myself on forgetting to lock my locker!!!

Also, the thief left a note saying he stole it because he saw my iPhone JAILBROKEN!!! what an ***!

Anyone selling any unlocked att phone? I feel so lost without my freakin iPhone u guys.
    Did you have FindmyiPhone on that thing? Remote brick that ****. That'll teach him. Worked for my sons.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes yes yes, please!

I'm selling a verizon iPhone 5 if you're interested

My iPhone is a Part of Me ProfessorJack's Avatar
    Thanks

Bring it on nice very cool

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd love to see this actually be for iOS but a tweak would be cool too.

Yes yes yes, please!

And sorry to hear that but like the other guy said, if you can, remote brick it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gdd2010 View Post
    Did you have FindmyiPhone on that thing? Remote brick that ****. That'll teach him. Worked for my sons.
    Yes brick it, report Stolen

Thanks

Yeah, I hear many people talk about their iPhone getting stolen but a lot don't have FindmyiPhone set up! That should be the first thing you do when you get it. I don't know why the app doesn't come pre-installed on iOS anyways.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    Yeah, I hear many people talk about their iPhone getting stolen but a lot don't have FindmyiPhone set up! That should be the first thing you do when you get it. I don't know why the app doesn't come pre-installed on iOS anyways.
    So when app is installed it will it stay on , because I have to sign in every time , & yes I think it should be pre installed
    Because they cant delete it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cmds187 View Post
    So when app is installed it will it stay on , because I have to sign in every time , & yes I think it should be pre installed
    Because they cant delete it
    Yeah, it requires you to sign in every time just in case your phone is stolen so that the thief can't get into the app and find any other iDevices on your account.. but you can still remotely alarm, lock, locate, and wipe the phone from any web browser.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to The6uest For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (04-10-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

This would be nice. Much needed feature.

Guys, why would you want the app on the device? So the thief can see where all your devices are? It doesn't come pre-installed for this reason. When you setup your phone for the first time, it asks you if you want to turn on find my iPhone. Say yes and you are done. If you misplace your phone or it gets stolen, find a nearest computer or any other idevice, download the app, sign in using ID, bam! You just found the thief.

In summary, you do not need the app on the lost phone to be able to track it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to vinaygoel2000 For This Useful Post:

The6uest (04-10-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    In summary, you do not need the app on the lost phone to be able to track it.
    That's true but as I said, the thief can't track your other devices unless he knows your password because each time you open the app you have to enter your pass. And if he did then he could just install the app himself and do that.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

That's true but as I said, the thief can't track your other devices unless he knows your password because each time you open the app you have to enter your pass. And if he did then he could just install the app himself and do that.
    That's why I Thanked your post buddy.

Regardless, the app is not pre installed because you don't need the app to be able to turn the tracking service on.

Thanks

Yeah, it requires you to sign in every time just in case your phone is stolen so that the thief can't get into the app and find any other iDevices on your account.. but you can still remotely alarm, lock, locate, and wipe the phone from any web browser.
    Ok will it still lock , wipe out the phone if they uninstall the app

Thanks

Yeah, good point.. I was thinking if the app was deleted it should still work. So that would mean you don't need it to begin with which is good!

Quote Originally Posted by Cmds187 View Post
    Ok will it still lock , wipe out the phone if they uninstall the app
    Yes.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to The6uest For This Useful Post:

Cmds187 (04-10-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Velox looks like a way better tweak.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to micaiah12 For This Useful Post:

novadam (04-11-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gdd2010 View Post
    The dude really left a note what a **** move.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ABOSWORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

This isn't some new concept. They are just implementing an idea that people have been using on jailbroken devices for years now. With that said, I think it's a step in the right direction for iOS 7. Hopefully they add some more features like this with iOS 7.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes yes yes, please!

Wow people are really getting desperate to get a JB apparently. People seem to have lost all morality, it's just about what can I get, how can I get it, and what's the fastest way

So SBsettings may finally be Applefied, it's about time
    Last edited by 5kylar; 04-10-2013 at 11:38 AM.