+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: iPhone 5S Models Will Offer Minimum of Two Screen Sizes

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple's next generation iPhone 5S will be released this summer with models offering two different screen sizes. On Tuesday, Brian White of Topeka Capital Markets said he procured the news
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default Report: iPhone 5S Models Will Offer Minimum of Two Screen Sizes

Apple's next generation iPhone 5S will be released this summer with models offering two different screen sizes. On Tuesday, Brian White of Topeka Capital Markets said he procured the news of multiple screen sizes from an encounter with a trusted source within Apple's supply chain.

According to White, the "iPhone 5S" could launch with two or more separate screen sizes in July.

"We believe Apple is coming around to the fact that one size per iPhone release does not work for everyone and offering consumers an option has the potential to expand the company's market share," White said this morning.

Although Apple continues to eye the entry-level smartphone market, White doesn't expect Apple to introduce a new iPhone model below the $300 marker without a contract subsidy.

"We believe this price point is reassuring for investors that Apple wants to expand its market reach with consumers in developing countries such as China," White said. "However, the company will also manage its margin profile and brand accordingly."

Source: Fortune

Green Apple
    Thanks

Will never compete with Samsung re value for money relating to features. Apple will fail eventually if the continue to hike their prices!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ABOSWORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

If they offer a phone with a screen comparable in size to the S3, I'll stay with iPhone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Albut View Post
    Will never compete with Samsung re value for money relating to features. Apple will fail eventually if the continue to hike their prices!
    Samsung galaxy s4 is more expensive than the iPhone. Entry model is 579 on amazon UK at the moment;/ So I don't know where you get the notion samsung are cheaper and are value?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,175 Times in 5,679 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    If they offer a phone with a screen comparable in size to the S3, I'll stay with iPhone.
    Nice to have options for sure but, agree with you on S3 size, we have the iPad mini for that...

Thanks

+1. I love the iphone but very badly want a larger screen 4.7 inch perfect size.

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

God I hope not!!! We don't need Android's fragmentation problem!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I hope this does not fragment the system. I'd imagine Apple already has a plan to keep the specs within control so the displays and apps aren't device specific but this seems, to me, like driving on black ice.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks like we are going back to the old school days where you could hurt someone with your huge and bulky phone.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vinaygoel2000 For This Useful Post:

Dphillipds (04-11-2013), NewdestinyX (04-09-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Albut View Post
    thats like saying high end car makers will eventually fail because you can buy a cheaper car. its utter nonsense. some of use have apple because not only is the device superb its a quality built product not just cheap plastic filled with gimics like the s4

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mutley For This Useful Post:

Mohit555 (04-09-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Nice to have options for sure but, agree with you on S3 size, we have the iPad mini for that...
    I don't want an iPad mini. I want a phone that has a bigger screen than the current iPhone5. It doesn't have to be exactly as big as the S3 but I want it a little bit wider than the i5.

Thanks

That'd be my nightmare, if they did a 3.5 inch budget phone and only offered a properly spec'd phone with a jumbo screen. That's when I wouldn't stay with iPhone, cause I can already barely hold my iP5 in one hand (I am a pretty small woman ). If they do start offering different sizes (which I doubt, cause of fragmentation issues), I should hope they don't make the smaller phone a sh*tty one.

Thanks

Would someone mind explaining the "fragmentation" issue that might arise if they offer different sizes? I don't really understand what that is about.

Thanks

Would someone mind explaining the "fragmentation" issue that might arise if they offer different sizes? I don't really understand what that is about.
    Developers would have to make graphics suited to different screen sizes and qualities. So special images for non-retina iPhone, for retina iPhone and for iPhone 5. Add another different screen size and it might require developers to make even more custom images. Lots of my apps haven't even been adapted for iPhone 5 yet, and it's been like half a year.

Though Apple is Apple, I suppose, and if they really want to release a jumbo phone, I doubt this issue is going to stop them But I, personally, see little need.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to nienque For This Useful Post:

ABOSWORTH (04-09-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nienque View Post
    Developers would have to make graphics suited to different screen sizes and qualities. So special images for non-retina iPhone, for retina iPhone and for iPhone 5. Add another different screen size and it might require developers to make even more custom images. Lots of my apps haven't even been adapted for iPhone 5 yet, and it's been like half a year.

Though Apple is Apple, I suppose, and if they really want to release a jumbo phone, I doubt this issue is going to stop them But I, personally, see little need.
    Gotcha. Thanks for that.

My iPhone is a Part of Me ProfessorJack's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't want an iPad mini. I want a phone that has a bigger screen than the current iPhone5. It doesn't have to be exactly as big as the S3 but I want it a little bit wider than the i5.
    Yep spot on +10000000

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

REPORT: No it won't

Green Apple
    Thanks

+1

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Why don't they just poll iphone owners and find out what we want. Personally I would only want a tiny bit bigger and I love the current slimness.

Thanks

Doesn't the fragmentation issue come up because of iPad and iPhone being different sizes already?