+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: iPhone 5S Models Will Offer Minimum of Two Screen Sizes

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
apple release iPhone too fast if compare with iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. i Prefect apple release iPhone 5S / 6 after 1 years but come out with something that
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

apple release iPhone too fast if compare with iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. i Prefect apple release iPhone 5S / 6 after 1 years but come out with something that is really special. if only hardware upgrade and small change , why we need to purchase iPhone? i will go for samsung

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexnwb81 View Post
    apple release iPhone too fast if compare with iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. i Prefect apple release iPhone 5S / 6 after 1 years but come out with something that is really special. if only hardware upgrade and small change , why we need to purchase iPhone? i will go for samsung
    you're kidding right? Samsung, Motorola, HTC, etc all release dozens of different models a year. How are a couple of yearly releases from Apple something that would push you to a different company?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by claustin View Post
    Oh boo hoo developers. Developing for multiple screen sizes/resolutions has been the name of the game for PC's for years. I'm not buying that as too big of a hinderance. The real fragmentation problem is dozens of different hardware configurations/UI overlays, which Android has in spades. There's no real fragmentation of iOS devices due to screen size, and there are only a limited number of hardware configurations supported. iOS fragmentation isn't an issue. Get me a Galaxy-sized screen already, Apple.
    Well, like I said, loads of my apps STILL haven't been upgraded to the iPhone 5 screen, so I am not holding out much hope for swift adoption to whatever new resolution or screen quality Apple comes up with.

It's not so much that I think 'poor developers, they have to work to earn their living!' but that I think 'ffs, why is this app I use on a daily basis STILL not updated?!'.

Green Apple
    Thanks

oops double post

Quote Originally Posted by nienque View Post
    Well, like I said, loads of my apps STILL haven't been upgraded to the iPhone 5 screen, so I am not holding out much hope for swift adoption to whatever new resolution or screen quality Apple comes up with.

It's not so much that I think 'poor developers, they have to work to earn their living!' but that I think 'ffs, why is this app I use on a daily basis STILL not updated?!'.
    I get you're point, but in this case it's more on the developers of your apps that need to get with the program and update their graphics. I had a few that were just recently updated to the iP5 screen, but the black bars didn't bother me that much. Either way, they still ran fine and were supported, so that's not really a fragmentation issue.

Quote Originally Posted by AdonisBlue View Post
    I like my iPhone 5 screen size just the way it is! I don't want a damn tablet in my hand for a cell phone. I don't carry a purse and think my phone should fit comfortably in my pocket.
    Nobody's suggesting a Galaxy Note sized phone. A GS3/Razr Maxx size at 4.5 or 4.7 will fit just fine, unless you're into hipster skinny jeans. If that's the case good luck getting anything to fit...

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorJack View Post
    If apple bring out a 3.5 size they will be labeled as having the smallest smart Phone in the world
    Umm... yeah... see every iPhone before the 5...
    Last edited by claustin; 04-10-2013 at 05:50 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,145 Times in 4,592 Posts

I know they're all the rage right now but the galaxy 3/4 and Note 2 are just ridiculously large phones and look idiotic when people hold them to their ears. Their poor shoulders from the weight. Oy.. Looks like and old early 80's sitcom where they had the large cellular phone back in the day.

It's impossible to hold a Note 2 with one hand and type with thumb. For me a really dumb design with the hugeness. And if you look at sales of the Note 2 and S3/4 combined - there's no comparison to iPhone sales. iPhone kills 'em - and for good reason. The ip5 is a sensible size which, like a smartphone should, is operable in one hand.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (04-10-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I know they're all the rage right now but the galaxy 3/4 and Note 2 are just ridiculously large phones and look idiotic when people hold them to their ears. Their poor shoulders from the weight. Oy.. Looks like and old early 80's sitcom where they had the large cellular phone back in the day.

It's impossible to hold a Note 2 with one hand and type with thumb. For me a really dumb design with the hugeness. And if you look at sales of the Note 2 and S3/4 combined - there's no comparison to iPhone sales. iPhone kills 'em - and for good reason. The ip5 is a sensible size which, like a smartphone should, is operable in one hand.
    Well I agree the Note is stupid big for a phone, but it's not really marketed to people who want to thumb type... the GS3 is borderline and I think the 5" GS4 is probably too big. You should take a look at the Razr Maxx though. At 4.5 I think it's the perfect balance of big but still mobile. Plus Apple could really learn something from the Maxx HD's battery life.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes +1 on the bigger phone size. I don't want an iPad Mini either I want a bigger phone. People complain about it but if they don't want it then don't buy it. The issue is some people are tall and with that comes bigger hands. I swear I type on my iphone and if I'm not careful I hit like a thousand buttons all at once lol. I'd love a larger screen size.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

You mind telling us which ones haven't been updated? I'm using gMusic, Downloader Pro, DJ Mixer Pro, Soundhound, Shazam, Adobe Reader, ArcGIS, AutoCAD WS, Box, Dropbox, Jump Remote Desktop, LogMeIn, Gmail, FTP Sprite, FedEx Mobile, UPS, USPS, Samsung Mobile Print, Presenter Pro, Smart Office 2, WebEx, PayPal, AT&T, Appzilla 3, Flash drive, iNet, Progressive, RedLaser, Web to PDF, Convertible, Google, speedtest, system, filemaster, fileapp pro, PDF expert, LinkedIn, ModMyi, twitter, waze, cydia, pdanet, pinger, akinator, camera+, fandango, imdb, remote, amazon, cars, eBay, google maps, Home Depot, kbb, newegg, Starbucks, webmd, CNN, times of India, Wordpress, hi-def radar, myradar, whitepages, urban dictionary, flight track pro, google earth, priority club, flightboard, gas guru, car finder, weathercube, chrome, solar, target, Walmart,...

All are optimized for iPhone 5.

I'm curious as to if the apps you are talking about are popular apps?
    Last edited by vinaygoel2000; 04-10-2013 at 07:33 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

But that's comparing (the price on Amazon UK with an old iPhone 5 with the newer and vastly superior Samsung galaxy S4. That's not fair!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    You mind telling us which ones haven't been updated? I'm using *snip*

All are optimized for iPhone 5.

I'm curious as to if the apps you are talking about are popular apps?
    Some of these apps are not (likely to be) popular, such as my Ancient Greek and Latin dictionary apps. On the other hand, there are games such as Catan, Conquist, Flight Control and Ticket to Ride, which I should think are fairly popular. Then there's some apps like Google Authenticator, Airfoil Speakers and FlightCard.

I suppose for some people it doesn't really matter, but it really bugs me out whenever apps are not optimised. Perhaps the situation will change due to Apple's recent 'iPhone 5 optimisation or bust' rule, or it might just mean that some of these apps will never receive another upgrade.

Doesn't matter for me in the end, though, cause I won't be buying a larger screen full stop. I can hardly hold my iPhone 5 with one hand as it is, nor does it easily fit in my trouser pockets (and no, I am not some skinny jeans wearing hipster, I am just a small woman ). I don't begrudge anyone their jumbo phone, though, so long as the smaller iPhone won't become the 'budget phone' we've heard rumours about.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I swear, this moronic arguement will never end! Think and look just a little bit before speaking. I know it's a new concept, but trust me it can be done. Here's a comparison between the iPhone 5 and the HTC One, with a 4.7 inch screen. THE DIFFERENCE IS MINISCULE!!!!

I know sometimes it can be hard to fit your iPhone 5 while you're wearing your girlfriends skinny jeans, but trust me. Carrying around a bigger screen phone is easily done.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to gehjl For This Useful Post:

ABOSWORTH (04-10-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Some of these apps are not (likely to be) popular, such as my Ancient Greek and Latin dictionary apps. On the other hand, there are games such as Catan, Conquist, Flight Control and Ticket to Ride, which I should think are fairly popular. Then there's some apps like Google Authenticator, Airfoil Speakers and FlightCard.
    I agree. At least Flight Control by Firemint needs to be optimized to iPhone 5. For such a big company with multiple games (like real racing), this is unacceptable.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ABOSWORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gehjl View Post
    I swear, this moronic arguement will never end! Think and look just a little bit before speaking. I know it's a new concept, but trust me it can be done. Here's a comparison between the iPhone 5 and the HTC One, with a 4.7 inch screen. THE DIFFERENCE IS MINISCULE!!!!

I know sometimes it can be hard to fit your iPhone 5 while you're wearing your girlfriends skinny jeans, but trust me. Carrying around a bigger screen phone is easily done.
    Couldn't agree more. Maybe it's because I don't wear ridiculous skinny jeans like a lot of fools do these days.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Nice to have options for sure but, agree with you on S3 size, we have the iPad mini for that...
    Umm were you trying to be funny? O.o

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I must be the only person in the world that thinks 3.5" is enough. I like Android, Jelly Bean 4.2 is actually pretty darn good. I've thought about switching, but any half decent Android phone these days has at minimum a 4.5" screen. That, and the fact most Android phones have sub-par cameras, is making me stay with the iPhone 4S. I even feel like the iPhone 5 is just too darn long. I had hoped they would find a way to shrink the top and bottom bezel to keep the footprint of the 4S when they went to the bigger screen, but it wasn't mean to be. I do have an old HTC HD2 running Android 4.1 that I use on occasion when I get bored. It has a 4.3" screen, and it's a beast. Too long and wide for permanent use, IMO. I also manage to type better on the 4S or an old backup Droid Incredible (the original w/3.7" screen).

I would definitely be interested in a new 3.5" iPhone if it weren't cut down on features/power like today's <4" Android phones. Android phones today under 4" are a joke, sporting technology that was current 4-years ago and sold in blister packs for prepaid.

I'm not even a small woman or skinny jeans emo kid. I'm a big fat baggy jeans wearing man.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to GnatGoSplat For This Useful Post:

nienque (04-10-2013)

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123