+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weekly Tweak Recap April 1 - April 7

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

Default Weekly Tweak Recap April 1 - April 7

In case you've missed out on the new jailbreak tweaks Cydia has seen, this recap will highlight the tweaks we've shown you this week. These are in no specific order.

1. Pluck – FREE

Pluck is an excellent new free jailbreak tweak that adds a new music picker button to the lock screen. The music picker button can be adjusted to sit to the right or to the left of the volume slider. Tapping on the button brings up a music sheet that resembles the iOS 6 Music application, which the user can take advantage of to play music from their library without having to unlock their device. Pluck is highly recommended for iOS device users that like taking advantage of Apple’s Music application!

2. Alertmate – FREE

Alertmate allows the user to select a custom animation for notification alerts. The tweak comes with several animations to pick from, and can be used to make alerts appear more alive on any iOS device. The tweak can also be used to speak out alerts and alert titles.

3. Beacon – 99¢

Beacon enables the Apple boot animation with every reboot and respring. This is the same Apple boot animation that we see every time we restore our iOS devices, and then never see again. The tweak comes with transition settings so you can choose how the animation appears after the original Apple logo is done appearing.

4. Secret "Now Playing" – FREE

Secret “Now Playing” is a simple tweak that hides the music you’re playing from displaying on your lock screen. This is great for those moments when you’re jamming out to something that you don’t want your friends to know you’re listening to. You can customize the information that is hidden from the lock screen both when in normal view, and when in iPod controls view.

5. Messages – $3.99 (3-day free trial)

Messages is a new quick composition and quick reply tweak for iOS that works with text messages and iMessages. The tweak attempts to keep as much of a stock look as it can, with the option to choose between a black or blue interface. The quick compose option is used by invoking either an Activator action or a QuickDo action. Quick reply is used by simply tapping on an incoming text message notification banner when you receive one.

6. Protect Photos – FREE

Protect Photos gives you some additional security on your iOS device, by allowing you to lock your photos from viewing by unwanted eyes. It locks the photos application, any photo pickers, and any other applications that you want to with a password that you set in the Settings application.

7. Icon Tool – $1

Icon Tool is a tweak that adds several useful features to your application icons when you’re in jiggle mode. Just triple-tap an application while in jiggle mode, and you will be able to do useful things like clearing that application’s caches, opening the application’s folder in iFile, clearing any badges, backing up or restoring its data, and more.

8. Clear the Air – FREE

Clear the Air is a new free jailbreak tweak that allows the user to adjust the transparency level of the SpotLight page so that it’s easier to view your potentially awesome wallpaper. The transparency level is adjusted via a slider, so you can get it just where you want it.

9. Pinnacle – FREE

Pinnacle makes it easier to navigate the Settings application by keeping a hierarchical history of the preference panes you’ve visited to get where you currently are. This makes it easier to get back to a specific preferences pane, or to easily get back to the main Settings page.

10. Dragi – FREE

Dragi is an interesting new jailbreak tweak that lets you assign SBSettings toggles to the slide to unlock slider. You can choose toggles to be toggled when sliding the slider all the way to unlock the device, and you can choose toggles to be toggled when sliding the slider just over half way to unlock the device. We recommend using the tweak to set one of the unlock methods to turning off all wireless radios as a power-saver mode, and using the alternative unlock method to turn them all back on again.

11. Better Pano Button – FREE

Better Pano Button is a simple new jailbreak tweak that changes the panorama button to blue instead of transparent gray. This is merely a cosmetic tweak.

Stay tuned for next week's Weekly Tweak Recap - only on ModMyi!

If you missed our previous Weekly Tweak Recap, you can view it from this link.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 04-08-2013 at 10:04 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Raybeast's Avatar
    Thanks

For the third tweak, you should have put Beacon. You accidentally put Alertmate.
    Last edited by Raybeast; 04-08-2013 at 01:49 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Raybeast For This Useful Post:

2k1 (04-08-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anybody know of a tweak that can clear App Cache similar to how icon tool does it?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennysmoothx View Post
    Anybody know of a tweak that can clear App Cache similar to how icon tool does it?
    iCleaner

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Yaowei For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (04-08-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone kosher1's Avatar
    Thanks

Crappy week

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kosher1 View Post
    Crappy week
    I disagree, I like both beacon and pluck

iPhone? More like MyPhone djarkiz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yaowei View Post
    iCleaner
    iCleaner does it all

Thanks

Say what you want about Messages, but I love the program. And since all the others I have bought don't work with 6.1.2 I am grateful that someone did this for the price of a Happy Meal. If I add up all the others I've paid for and lost, this is a bargain!!!
    Besides : do you have any idea how much time and work it takes to make a tweak like this ???
    I say THANK YOU and I will gladly purchase it for my $900. iPhone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

A lot of neat tweaks and such, I'm always impressed by what people make for jail broken devices. Think I will try protect photos.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiWendy View Post
    Say what you want about Messages, but I love the program. And since all the others I have bought don't work with 6.1.2 I am grateful that someone did this for the price of a Happy Meal. If I add up all the others I've paid for and lost, this is a bargain!!!
    Besides : do you have any idea how much time and work it takes to make a tweak like this ???
    BiteSMS works just fine.

Thanks

I have a bajillion tweaks and they all work fine on 6.1.2

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WiiWendy View Post
    uhmm b/c a program that cost a few bucks more called bitesms exists... hell it's technically free if you let it display ads... and it does all that and more!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to louietsang For This Useful Post:

emerica6708 (04-08-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    I disagree, I like both beacon and pluck
    +1 pluck

Quote Originally Posted by Yaowei View Post
    iCleaner
    +1

LinkBacks (?)