Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Clear the Air' Lets You Choose the Transparency Level of SpotLight

Default 'Clear the Air' Lets You Choose the Transparency Level of SpotLight

In iOS’ SpotLight, the screen dims behind the keyboard to put user focus on the search bar and keyboard. Some might like this feature for the clean look, but if you have a nice wallpaper and want to adjust the transparency level so you can see the wallpaper better, then you’re going to want to try out a new free jailbreak tweak called Clear the Air by iOS developer mkn0dat.

As shown above, the tweak lets you adjust the transparency level of the black semi-transparent background that appears when you scroll over to SpotLight. You can adjust the transparency manually, as well as enable or disable the tweak on demand, from the Clear the Air preferences pane in the Settings application:

The transparency is adjusted via the slider bar. The further to the right that the slider is, the clearer the semi-transparent background will be. The further to the left that the slider is, the darker the semi-transparent background will be.

Clear the Air can be downloaded right now at no cost from Cydia’s BigBoss repository.

Name: Clear the Air
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.0.1-3
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: mkn0dat
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

Any technical issues? Substraigh clashes? Performance/RAM hog?

Have experienced one issue with it, sometimes when launching apps the animation doesn't show, a respring is required to fix it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,237 Posts

I commented about this tweak in another thread. I, personally, love this simple tweak BUT I don't use Spotlight since Wraparound disables its function. Therefore, I can't comment on its usage w/ pulling up and executing apps from Spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I commented about this tweak in another thread. I, personally, love this simple tweak BUT I don't use Spotlight since Wraparound disables its function. Therefore, I can't comment on its usage w/ pulling up and executing apps from Spotlight.
    i use wraparound and it doesn't disable spotlight, this tweak works perfectly with wraparound.

when i installed it on my iphone 5 6.1.2 it became sluggish so i had to remove it it looks great tho

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anime007 View Post
    i use wraparound and it doesn't disable spotlight, this tweak works perfectly with wraparound.
    Sorry, I was saying that WrapAround disables my use of Spotlight. This tweak and WrapAround work perfectly together!

Does anyone know how to remove an iWidget that I have stuck on my SpotLight screen?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matteo88 View Post
    Does anyone know how to remove an iWidget that I have stuck on my SpotLight screen?
    Do u have ScrollingBoard?