+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Icon Tool' Gives You More Control Over Your Apps

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 I support developers as well. I got $126 in my iTunes account and I'd post a screenshot if this stupid app would let me. Isn't the
    iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    I support developers as well. I got $126 in my iTunes account and I'd post a screenshot if this stupid app would let me. Isn't the "obvious" reason of modmyi not supporting piracy is that it's illegal? Or is it because devs don't make money? I guess it's all about money in the end.
    Yup Yup, money keeps the world turning. But a lot of long hard work goes into making the awesome tweaks and themes on Cydia so It's just as much about Respect as it is money, more so in my opinion
    Plus on the other hand, if Devs don't get paid a lot of them potentially stop creating and or updating their stuff which slows down, and could kill the JB scene altogether in the long term. Which I'm sure nobody wants to happen anytime soon lol.
    That's why it's always nice to donate too, if something is released free and you really like it.

I'm not saying you don't support Devs btw, I'm just highlighting a few more reasons why we all should for anyone else reading
    Last edited by 5kylar; 04-07-2013 at 08:10 AM.
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5kylar View Post
    Yup Yup, money keeps the world turning. But a lot of long hard work goes into making the awesome tweaks and themes on Cydia so It's just as much about Respect as it is money, more so in my opinion
    Plus on the other hand, if Devs don't get paid a lot of them potentially stop creating and or updating their stuff which slows down, and could kill the JB scene altogether in the long term. Which I'm sure nobody wants to happen anytime soon lol.
    That's why it's always nice to donate too, if something is released free and you really like it.

I'm not saying you don't support Devs btw, I'm just highlighting a few more reasons why we all should for anyone else reading
    R u saying that Apple doesn't put hard work in developing iOS? We, on the other hand, turn right around and jailbreak their iOS and devs start making money using Apple's iOS. Don't you think these devs need to pay Apple for making money off of Apple's proprietary software? Isn't that piracy?

Thanks

Ummm Apple is a multi BILLION $ company... I think they can take care of themselves. And I might add that they wouldn't have the sales they currently do if Jailbreaking wasn't a factor for the iDevices. As for the 3rd party Devs in their Appstore, ya definitely support them, but Apple as a company has enough bills. Thats why every Tom, D*** and Harry is currently handing them a lawsuit to nab a slice of the pie... or apple I guess lol Bottom line is Jailbreaking is fun for everyone, and if people make a bit of cash and boost a few profits in the process, well I guess everyone really does win

Thinking about that has got "The Circle of Life" from the Lion King stuck in my head lmao :P
    Last edited by 5kylar; 04-07-2013 at 08:39 AM.

Thanks

So u r telling me that since Jay Z is a billionaire, it's ok for me to illegally download his song as he doesn't care about my $0.99.

Just because someone is rich, doesn't mean u have the right to steal from them.

Thanks

In a very technically legal sense your absolutely right. But in the case of Apple and the JB, The JB actually makes them money. No other Mobile platform compares to a Jailbroken iOS. Take away the JB and you lose all those people that loved to do it, or at least most of em. I'd be one of em for sure. And do you know where they'd all go? Right over to Apple's favorite company Samsung to buy a brand new Droid and root it. So the Dev team isn't pirating Apple at all. They've practically saved them while Apple D***'s around with minor features and tweaks on their mobile for the last 3 years, barely changing a thing to software or hardware.
    The phones get faster and the FW gets heavier so it all levels out about the same other than.. Dun dun dun daaaa. The price tag lol
    Last edited by 5kylar; 04-07-2013 at 08:52 AM.

Thanks

I disagree that Apple makes money because of jailbreaks. To me:

Jailbroken iPhone is better than an iPhone is better than a donut is better than a rooted Android is better than an Android.

Google how to turn an Android to Silent mode and you'll find several threads of several pages. Should it that hard to turn your phone in silent mode?

I hate Android and will take a donut rather than a free Android phone.

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,969 Times in 769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by idevrogue View Post
    Idk why you guys are talking about losing your jailbreak. you can simply use redsn0w or iFaith to restore your phone back to whatever firmware your currently on without updating. just make sure you save your shsh blobs.
    True, for those on the boot rom exploit, A4 chips only, but for us with the A5 if we have to restore the only way is to lose the jailbreak
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

Thanks

I disagree that Apple makes money because of jailbreaks. To me:

Jailbroken iPhone is better than an iPhone is better than a donut is better than a rooted Android is better than an Android.

Google how to turn an Android to Silent mode and you'll find several threads of several pages. Should it that hard to turn your phone in silent mode?

I hate Android and will take a donut rather than a free Android phone.
    I totally agree with your donut to droid analogy... But what does that have to do with apple selling iPhones lol

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I support developers as well. I got $126 in my iTunes account and I'd post a screenshot if this stupid app would let me. Isn't the "obvious" reason of modmyi not supporting piracy is that it's illegal? Or is it because devs don't make money? I guess it's all about money in the end.
    You guess it's all about the money??? Dude,,, stop guessing and take your energy somewhere else where it will really matter !! you started this convo cuz of what I wrote regarding my iPad,,,least you can do is excuse yourself to the developer ,,,your post has nothing to do with the actual subject in hand. By your responses, you seem to be on a mission against Modmyi.com move on to other sites where the illegal stuff is really going on,,, prostitution, drugs, etc or just stand in the corner outside and tell them jay walkers they are doing an illegal thing or watch the person that throws a piece of paper on the floor and let them know as well....

I purchased my iPad 2, iphone 5, ipod 4 and imac 27 inch and I will do what I wish to do, whenever I wish to do it,,,,

Elizabeth

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lizzy954 View Post
    You guess it's all about the money??? Dude,,, stop guessing and take your energy somewhere else where it will really matter !! you started this convo cuz of what I wrote regarding my iPad,,,least you can do is excuse yourself to the developer ,,,your post has nothing to do with the actual subject in hand. By your responses, you seem to be on a mission against Modmyi.com move on to other sites where the illegal stuff is really going on,,, prostitution, drugs, etc or just stand in the corner outside and tell them jay walkers they are doing an illegal thing or watch the person that throws a piece of paper on the floor and let them know as well....

I purchased my iPad 2, iphone 5, ipod 4 and imac 27 inch and I will do what I wish to do, whenever I wish to do it,,,,
    Relax. No one said you can't jailbreak your iPad. All I'm saying its illegal to do so.

Oh and if you r one of those people that litter, shame on you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ThatOneProfile's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    well there is a first time for everything, also you can really screw up. by just making bad decisions

Edit: and just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it can't happen
    Haha if you're ignorant enough to install a pirated siri port or any other tweak, you deserve to be stranded on 6.1.3. The jb devs even went as far as to create a safety net which lets you enter safe mode on an infinite boot loop. Your ignorance is what is "dangerous ".

dsg
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneProfile View Post
    Haha if you're ignorant enough to install a pirated siri port or any other tweak, you deserve to be stranded on 6.1.3. The jb devs even went as far as to create a safety net which lets you enter safe mode on an infinite boot loop. Your ignorance is what is "dangerous ".
    lol your calling me ignorant, I've been jailbreaking from the beginning. I don't and never will install cracked shite, the safty net hasn't been working for some people, so get your facts straight before you start having a go at anybody, Newb

Edit: My posts are just a warning, because you mess up while the signing window is closed and you have to restore and if your on an iDevices that can't downgrade (aka A5 iDevices), you'll lose your jailbreak and believe it or not it's easy done

Edit 2: and some people have been having issues with legit apps, fyi

Edit 3: and My jailbreak is still intact
    Last edited by dsg; 04-07-2013 at 08:16 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (04-07-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    lol your calling me
    You're* and also I wouldn't expect you to be able to activate a simple setting like safe mode. Again, not everyone has an A5+ device so for many of the a4 users, they are able to downgrade even without an shsh. So for restore savvy people like yourself , they can have in a sense, a second chance. So with that said, there is nothing dangerous. If you have been jailbreaking since the beginning, you of all people should know that.

dsg
    Thanks

what is your problem?

edit: the volume up button isn't a setting, its a button, just though I'd point that out seen as where nitpicking over semantics
    Last edited by dsg; 04-08-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Thanks

My problem? You misinforming people.

dsg
    Thanks

I'm not misinforming anybody there is a danger of people losing there jailbreak, This was the wrong place to post it granted

Edit: any iDevice with the A5 chip, cannot be downgraded

Quote Originally Posted by evasionjailbreak.com
    Downgrade from 6.1.3 to 6.1.2 for Evasi0n Jailbreak?

Once users understand the answer to the first question in this jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 Q&A article and realize that 6.1.3 patches the evasi0n Untethered jailbreak for all iDevices, preceding questions are often related to downgrading and whether or not it’s possible to downgrade from 6.1.3. The short answer is regrettably no, if you own a newer device – the long answer is bittersweet. Yes, it’s possible to downgrade from 6.1.3 to 6.1.2 in order to make use of the Evasion UnTethered jailbreak utility for 6.0 through 6.1.2 on older device with SHSH blobs saved.

An iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS or iPod touch 4th generation can downgrade from 6.1.3 if the device’s SHSH files or blobs are either backed up locally or through Saurik’s server. Due to the restore method utilized for iDevices, iTunes is required to check against Apple’s server to detect the latest firmware and then grab device-specific SHSH blobs to complete the restore process.

If a user has SHSH files saved for their older iDevice, it’s possible to utilize the TinyUmbrella utility to trick iTunes into restoring to an older firmware that’s no longer signed by Apple. Remember, newer devices like the iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPod touch 5th gen, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2 or the iPad mini are incapable of downgrading from iOS 6.1.3 to 6.1.2.

so in short there is a danger of losing your jailbreak if your on the newer iDevices

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.evad3rs.net
    No. Sorry. IOS 6.1.3 is out. Jailbreakers stay away! There's no coming back to 6.1.2 Jailbreak even if you saved blobs (except iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4G). So it took Apple "only" 6 weeks to close the threat of evasi0n.

Edit: and you're wrong about this:

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneProfile
    they are able to downgrade even without an shsh.
    Because I think your talking about the iFaith way, which still uses the shsh blobs

Edit: you even know what I've posted is correct, here's you telling somebody the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneProfile
    Restore before apple pushes 6.1.3 then you'll be SoL.

before iOS 6.1.3 dropped
    Last edited by dsg; 04-09-2013 at 11:51 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (04-08-2013)

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123