+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Icon Tool' Gives You More Control Over Your Apps

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Not the iPad 2.. Only the iPad 4 I believe. It was not a retroactive law that was passed. I may have read it wrong, but I think that it
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not the iPad 2.. Only the iPad 4 I believe. It was not a retroactive law that was passed. I may have read it wrong, but I think that it was only illegal for tablets to be jailbroken after the beginning of this year.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Tried this app and it works fine, just not liking the idea of going to edit mode for it to work... Also im not worried about apps that were featured here unlike those apps that were not reviewed in cydia. Safe mode>cydia>delete app always works for me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gmann21133 View Post
    Not the iPad 2.. Only the iPad 4 I believe. It was not a retroactive law that was passed. I may have read it wrong, but I think that it was only illegal for tablets to be jailbroken after the beginning of this year.
    Jailbreaking any and all tablets is illegal in USA. Includes all iPads, Android tablets and Microsoft Surface.

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,975 Times in 771 Posts

so was jailbreaking on the iPhone originally, but no one cared
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    so was jailbreaking on the iPhone originally, but no one cared
    I know but you know how ModMyi is so legal friendly that we are not allowed to talk about anything illegal like @pptr@ck3r or 1nst@110u$ (both of which are shutdown now).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to vinaygoel2000 For This Useful Post:

dsg (04-06-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Last edited by lizzy954; 04-06-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,607 Times in 1,945 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Well.

It hasn't happened to me yet where I couldn't hard reboot and boot up in safe mode.
    Seen Srioz have issues the other day and couldn't boot into safe mode with even holding the volume up button. Had to run the JB tool again otherwise it was the white apple logo of death it worked and kicked him out of the logo screen. Definitely agree with dsg with less is best and there's no need to Mickey mouse around tweaks just for the sake of it.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

dsg (04-07-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

That's why I play games on my I touch and use my note 2 for functionality. Miui android for the win.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    does this work with cydia apps, EX can you delete cydia apps or clear badge icons from cydia apps. thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Jail breaking an iPad is illegal in USA.
    Yes, and it's legal to ruin the world economy while making $100 million bonuses and taking $1 trillion taxpayer bailouts. US law is !#^|>]!%#!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to buggsy2 For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (04-06-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    where in a dangerous place right now, one mistake and you lose your jailbreak.

I don't recommend being a guinea pig, while there is this danger

Edit: there needs to be an artical at how easily you can lose your jailbreak,

personally I've ground to a halt, that one mistake and you find yourself needing to restore, you end up on iOS 6.1.3 wishing you'd never added that new tweak that didn't play nice
    Same problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyhex View Post
    does this work with cydia apps, EX can you delete cydia apps or clear badge icons from cydia apps. thanks.
    I would guess it should... But i have not tried it yet. Im scared to install ANYTHING now because if i have to restore i will be stuck on 6.1.3 and no more jailbreak for me... ;(
    Last edited by iH85CH001; 04-06-2013 at 09:41 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Jailbreaking any and all tablets is illegal in USA. Includes all iPads, Android tablets and Microsoft Surface.
    Jailbreaking things was never made illegal. Just the provision that explicity allowed it was removed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

Jail breaking an iPad is illegal in USA.
    It's not like they have "Tablet Police" that stop you and check if your jailbroken, lmfao

I love how many smart*** comments are on this thread in reply to that
    Last edited by 5kylar; 04-07-2013 at 12:12 AM.
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Idk why you guys are talking about losing your jailbreak. you can simply use redsn0w or iFaith to restore your phone back to whatever firmware your currently on without updating. just make sure you save your shsh blobs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by idevrogue View Post
    Idk why you guys are talking about losing your jailbreak. you can simply use redsn0w or iFaith to restore your phone back to whatever firmware your currently on without updating. just make sure you save your shsh blobs.
    The 6.x SHSH blobs are corrupted for most people. And you can't save those blobs after apple stops signing the FW. So someone like me would be ******

But I'm sure I'll be alright cuz I don't mess around or update anything once everything works

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5kylar View Post
    It's not like they have "Tablet Police" that stop you and check if your jailbroken, lmfao

I love how many smart*** comments are on this thread in reply to that
    All I'm saying is that people shouldn't be talking (publicly) about jailbreaking their iPads as it is illegal. They are themselves providing proof to the authorities that they jailbroke their iPad. Obviously no one is coming to your house to check but if you put it in the newspaper then they just might. Kinda like you publicize that you are downloading music from torrents or downloading apps from 1n$t@110us.

Their are sites that don't care about doing illegal things but ModMyi is certainly not one of those sites.

Thanks

All I'm saying is that people shouldn't be talking (publicly) about jailbreaking their iPads as it is illegal. They are themselves providing proof to the authorities that they jailbroke their iPad. Obviously no one is coming to your house to check but if you put it in the newspaper then they just might. Kinda like you publicize that you are downloading music from torrents or downloading apps from 1n$t@110us.

Their are sites that don't care about doing illegal things but ModMyi is certainly not one of those sites.
    Dude there's a whole section of the forums devoted to jailbreaking iPads lol. I'm pretty sure they don't care if it's legal or not Everyone jailbreaks no matter what iDevice we own. Otherwise whats the point? Apple can't make a decent iOS improvement if their lives depended on it, and I'm glad cuz it's more fun for everyone this way anyways

And the Tablet Police thing was a joke, I wasn't being serious lol
    Last edited by 5kylar; 04-07-2013 at 06:34 AM.

Thanks

Dude there's a whole section of the forums devoted to jailbreaking iPads lol. I'm pretty sure they don't care if it's legal or not Everyone jailbreaks no matter what iDevice we own. Otherwise whats the point? Apple can't make a decent iOS improvement if their lives depended on it, and I'm glad cuz it's more fun for everyone this way anyways

And the Tablet Police thing was a joke, I wasn't being serious lol
    Well in that case, I guess, ModMyi is a hypocrite. Allow some illegal things and ban other illegal things as they seem fit.

Thanks

Not really. They don't support piracy for the obvious reason, if you want that head over to Sinful iPhone But when you think about it, this wouldn't be much of a jailbreak forum if they ignored an entire product So they aren't really hypocrites, they just support Developers as should everyone. Jailbreaking is free game

Thanks

Not really. They don't support piracy for the obvious reason, if you want that head over to Sinful iPhone But when you think about it, this wouldn't be much of a jailbreak forum if they ignored an entire product So they aren't really hypocrites, they just support Developers as should everyone. Jailbreaking is free game
    I support developers as well. I got $126 in my iTunes account and I'd post a screenshot if this stupid app would let me. Isn't the "obvious" reason of modmyi not supporting piracy is that it's illegal? Or is it because devs don't make money? I guess it's all about money in the end.