+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Releases Carrier Software Update for Unlocked iPhone 5 Units

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I deleted my Carrier bundle.bundle folder and now none of my MMS, Data, or anything work. Also the cellular data settings page is gone. Can someone please help!? I have
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I deleted my Carrier bundle.bundle folder and now none of my MMS, Data, or anything work. Also the cellular data settings page is gone. Can someone please help!?

I have an iphone 5 factory unlocked. I dont have any of the carrier bundles anymore. I wasnt sure if someone can send me their carrier bundle folder or step me through what t do do. please and thank you...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

okay.. this one is proven working to get t-mobile LTE.

on your ip5

1. Make sure your device is connected to the Internet.
    2. Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, a prompt will appear

T-Mobile Releases Carrier Software Update for Unlocked iPhone 5 Units-t-mobile_lte.png

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yay, T-mobile 14.1 carrier update pushed!!! Unfortunately still edge at my home even though I'm in an excellent 3G/4G coverage zone...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well, I can confirm the carrier update just ran on my jailbroken 3GS by going to the Settings > General > About. It looks like I now have visual voicemail as well, which is one thing I'm excited about as I can discontinue YouMail. Definitely have edge speeds, as I was hoping 3G may have been enabled (I got 3G speeds when I was in Vegas earlier this year, I live in Columbus OH). I just did speedtest and got a whopping .1Mbps download (yes with the period), and .08Mbps upload. Thank goodness for WiFi.....lol

But the carrier update is rolling out and you don't have to be on an iphone 5 to get it.

Thanks

I went: Tap Settings > General > About, and about a minute later I got a carrier update pop up. I tapped OK. And my phone immediately went to Edge. Is it downloading or something? IDK. i'LL KEEP U POSTED!

OK I see that i had to turn 3G back on. Visual voicemail is working. But will having 3G on effect getting 4G?

I have epc.t-mobile.com as my Cellular Data APN and fast.t-mobile.com as my MMS APN
    Last edited by foolish813; 04-08-2013 at 03:55 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by foolish813 View Post
    I went: Tap Settings > General > About, and about a minute later I got a carrier update pop up. I tapped OK. And my phone immediately went to Edge. Is it downloading or something? IDK. i'LL KEEP U POSTED!

OK I see that i had to turn 3G back on. Visual voicemail is working. But will having 3G on effect getting 4G?

I have epc.t-mobile.com as my Cellular Data APN and fast.t-mobile.com as my MMS APN
    My apn's change to fast.tmobile.com
    & I'm jail broken iphone5 F/Unlocked
    Last edited by Cmds187; 04-08-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

After installing the update on my factory unlocked iPhone 5 I am able to send Picture text to non iPhone friends, but don't receive them. Anyone having that issue? My MMS setting switched to the fast.t-mobile.com any suggestion? By the way my phone keeps going from 4G to E.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,539 Times in 5,857 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cmds187 View Post
    My apn's change to fast.tmobile.com
    & I'm jail broken iphone5 F/Unlocked
    Both of them? Only MMS changed for me, Cellular data remained epc.t-mobile.com

Have 4G but speeds are half as fast as it was on 3G yesterday, also lost Hot-Spot.

Green Apple
    Thanks

All of mines changed to the fast.t-mobile.com
    Cellular/Voicemail & MMS but I am not being able to send picture text to non iphone friends. I am dropping calls like crazy.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by franijose View Post
    After installing the update on my factory unlocked iPhone 5 I am able to send Picture text to non iPhone friends, but don't receive them. Anyone having that issue? My MMS setting switched to the fast.t-mobile.com any suggestion? By the way my phone keeps going from 4G to E.
    Mms proxy 216.155.165.50:8080 add & all my apn's also change to fast.tmobile & I revived picture' from GS4
    Last edited by Cmds187; 04-08-2013 at 07:03 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    after installing the update on my factory unlocked iphone 5.... I LOST "PERSONAL HOTSPOT" feature!!! you now need to pay T-Mobile to enable this!!!! DON'T UPDATE if you still wanna theater for free!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to william31518 For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (04-08-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unlocked factory iPhone 4 jailbroken 6.1.2. Popup came up saying about the carrier update. After some reading in here decided to test it out. Press update on that carrier update (went to General/about to make the popup come back). It works, phone still jailbroken and on 6.1.2. Visual voicemail works as long as data is turned on. It's safe to click it and let it do it, just make sure it is the carrier update/upgrade and not a regular ios update

Quote Originally Posted by william31518 View Post
    after installing the update on my factory unlocked iphone 5.... I LOST "PERSONAL HOTSPOT" feature!!! you now need to pay T-Mobile to enable this!!!! DON'T UPDATE if you still wanna theater for free!!
    Hotspot is now under General/Cellular scroll down. Haven't tested it yet but when you click it says contact t-mobile to enable
    Last edited by gsbd41316; 04-08-2013 at 09:58 PM.

Thanks

I have an iPhone 4 unlocked for t-mobile and I just got a message on my iTunes saying there's a carrier update but I don't think anythings changed. I still have regular 3G.

iPhone? More like MyPhone qbnucca's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by foolish813 View Post

How did u turn on visual voice mail?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qbnucca View Post
    How did u turn on visual voice mail?
    After you update, it automatically shows under the phone app when you click the voicemail button. I also think you have to activate the visual voicemail feature (free) under your t-mobile account online website. Mine works perfect

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

With the carrier update you will loose native Internet sharing. You will gain native Visual Voicemail.

APN changed to fast.t-mobile.com

Green Apple
    Thanks

Guys I need help. I have 2 iPhone 5 unlocked and switched to tmobile got the carrier update and I can't receive picture text on either phone from non iPhone users. I do get them from non iPhone users as long as they are tmobile customers as well.

I have tried everything and this has being going on since last Monday. 99% of the time I am on edge. Live in Fort Lauderdale, fl.

All of my APN settings are fast.t-mobile.com but I have tried epc internet2. My phone is jail broken but my wife isn't and she is having the SMS issue.

Numbers were ported from NET10

Please help

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well guys since I was not able to get picture text to work on my unlocked att iPhone 5 I decided it to spend $618 and purchased one and guess what. Still can't receive picture text so I have no idea what the issue is with Tmobile but I am not going to spend $600 and still not recove picture. Sales rep wanted to charged me a $50 restocking fee and I hadn't even left their store. I will defenetely be back tomorrow to speak with the manager. Either they solve this issue or refund me the whole amount. And here they were blaming my unlocked iPhone and still having the same issue. Give me a break. By the way the stupid thing came with 6.1.3 so besides still having the same issue no jailbreak. Hell no

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123