+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Buy and Samsung Confirm Partnership to Bring 1,400 Experience Shops by this Summer

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Both Best Buy and Samsung recently confirmed that they are teaming up to bring Samsung mini-stores to more than 1,400 Best Buy locations in a similar fashion to the way
    Thanks

Default Best Buy and Samsung Confirm Partnership to Bring 1,400 Experience Shops by this Summer

Both Best Buy and Samsung recently confirmed that they are teaming up to bring Samsung mini-stores to more than 1,400 Best Buy locations in a similar fashion to the way the locations feature miniature Apple Stores inside. The confirmation recently came in the form of a press release issued by Samsung that stated that the two companies would be partnering to bring Samsung Experience Shops to Best Buy locations across the United States.

The partnership is said to begin with 500 mini-stores opening on April 8 with Samsung stores in 900 Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile stores by early May. The rest of Best Buy’s locations will get Samsung installations by early summer. Rumors of the partnership between the two companies were released in late March and the recent news provides further details on the forthcoming mini-stores.

As expected, Samsung’s Experience Shops will take up about 460 square feet of space near the front of Best Buy’s largest stores. Samsung will staff the stores with dedicated Samsung Experience Consultants, basically workers who are specially trained in assisting with product demonstrations and providing information about basic product services. The mini-store move will help Samsung compete against the only other company to receive such prime placement in Best Buy, which was Apple. It had been said that Samsung cannot rapidly replicate Apple’s sizable retail presence throughout the United States, but a notable presence in the U.S.’ largest electronic retailer could help Samsung attract more customers.

Although Samsung is the overall leader in smartphones sold worldwide, with about 40% of the market, Apple leads solidly in the United States market with 38% share compared to 21% for Samsung. This move is Samsung’s attempt to change those statistics in their favor.

Source: Samsung (Press Release) via Washington Post

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hmmm...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

There goes My partnership with BestBuy, they've been going down hill for a while. They've now hit bottom. Try supporting an American Company before China and Korea own us.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

Ive known about this for a while. This is gonna happen where I'm at as well. All i can say is Samsung is trying real hard to be like Apple.
    At least their products will be more distant from the Apple section. Thats a win in my book.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cgfusion View Post
    There goes My partnership with BestBuy, they've been going down hill for a while. They've now hit bottom. Try supporting an American Company before China and Korea own us.
    1) They already own you 2) Apple still build most of their product's in china 3) Most idevice parts are from some Asian company 4) How many jobs do you think this will create for Americans? smh
    Last edited by se23; 04-05-2013 at 05:19 AM.