+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Secret "Now Playing"' Lets You Keep the Music You're Playing a Secret

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'Secret "Now Playing"' Lets You Keep The Music You're Playing a Secret

Have you ever just had a catchy jam stuck in your head that you couldn’t get rid of, so you went and downloaded the song to listen to it some more? In this case, there might be a small chance that you’re a little embarrassed about the song that's stuck in your head, so you might not want to let anyone know about it.

For this instance, you can use a new free jailbreak tweak called Secret “Now Playing” by iOS developer mkn0dat to keep the song you’re listening to from being advertised all of your lock screen when it’s playing; the tweak basically allows the user to disable song information on the lock screen, just as shown above.

You will be able the configure the tweak via the preferences pane in the settings application:

From the settings, you can enable and disable the tweak on demand, which is handy if you want to see song information for some songs, but hide it for others. After this, you can configure the information that is shown or hidden on the lock screen when you’re in either regular view, or music control view. Turning switches on means that the element will be hidden, while turning switches off means that the element will be shown.

The elements you can hide or show from the lock screen vary between the album artwork (probably the most important), the song title, the song artist, and the song album.

This tweak isn’t only for the shy ones out there that want to hide what they're listening to from the world – if you prefer to simply have a clean lock screen without music information on it when you’re listening to music, then this tweak will fit your minimalist needs as well.

Secret "Now Playing" is avialable for free right now from the BigBoss repository. Don't forget to give it a try!

Name: Secret "Now Playing"
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.0.1-28
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: mkn0dat
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (04-04-2013), rkatk102 (04-04-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone wardever's Avatar
    Thanks

This will go great with my HTML lockscreens. I know what I'm listening to, why do I have to have it covering up my screen?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This will be great for when I'm listening to Justin Bieber and One Direction through my earphones when people are next to me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reeiiko View Post
    This will be great for when I'm listening to Justin Bieber and One Direction through my earphones when people are next to me
    Haha!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What I don't understand is, if you're embarrassed about the song or artist you are listening to, then why bother listening to it? Are people THAT worried about what other people think about them?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave_Xiavia For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (04-04-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Xiavia View Post
    What I don't understand is, if you're embarrassed about the song or artist you are listening to, then why bother listening to it? Are people THAT worried about what other people think about them?
    I'm afraid to say, but yes they really are...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Xiavia View Post
    Its true. But sometimes I had the feeling too, sometimes I just dont like people to see the song Im hearing currently. Im just afraid if they would tell me "OMG? you like that kind of weird song?"

Thanks

Ahhh yeaaah... I'm super stoked... I have been wanting something like this... I'm not trying to hide what I'm playing from anyone, I just don't like the artwork covering up my home screen... This makes me even more happy with my phone than I already was...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reeiiko View Post
    Same here... Haha!!!! :-/

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

It's neat but I just use Springtomize2 to hide the artwork on my lockscreen. I think it's sorta dumb that it shows up there in the first place. I don't make fancy wallpapers just so silly album art can cover it when I have music on :P

Thanks

Hahaaa I have girls aloud tracks on my gym playlist and at 13stone I'm one of the smallest negro's in my gym

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iH85CH001 View Post
    Same here... Haha!!!! :-/
    Thats true