Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pod2g: No iOS 6.1.3 Jailbreak Any Time Soon, Waiting for a Major iOS Release

Default Pod2g: No iOS 6.1.3 Jailbreak Any Time Soon, Waiting for a Major iOS Release

iOS hacker pod2g has made it publicly known that the evad3rs are not working on a jailbreak for Apple’s latest software update, which is iOS 6.1.3. The hacker notes in the Tweet above that it would be too much work to implement a jailbreak for such a minimal iOS update designed simply to patch the exploits used in the current evasi0n untethered iOS 6 jailbreak. Rather, it would make more sense to use up valuable exploits on a larger firmware update – perhaps iOS 7, which is reportedly running later than expected because of a large overhaul.

One thing we heard over and over as we all waited for the evasi0n jailbreak was that it is getting harder and harder to jailbreak iOS with each new release. Apple has stepped up their security, and because of this, finding exploits is no easy task. On the other hand, Apple also continues to introduce new features in iOS with each new release, which opens the door for new potential exploits.

Both the evad3rs hacker team, and iOS hacker p0sixninja (Joshua Hill) have revealed that they have a stockpile of iOS exploits at the ready. The evad3rs have made it perfectly clear that they plan to save them for a major iOS release (possibly iOS 7). P0sixninja, who claims he has enough exploits to create his own jailbreak if he wanted to, also revealed that he would rather save his exploits for iOS 7.0 or possibly even iOS 7.1.x.

Right now, iOS 6.1.3 cannot be jailbroken untethered with evasi0n. On the other hand, those with an iPhone 4, iPod touch 4G, or iPhone 3GS can still jailbreak tethered on iOS 6.1.3 with redsn0w (untethered for iPhone 3GS if it has the old bootrom). It is expected that Apple may release additional minor software updates before we see iOS 7, which also probably will not be jailbroken untethered.

These minor software updates are expected to only continue to improve iOS security, especially since the software update (iOS 6.1.3), which was designed to fix a lock screen security issue on top of other security fixes, introduced yet another lock screen security issue that Apple will likely want to fix in the future with yet another software update.

If you are jailbroken right now and you’re happy with it, we recommend that you just sit tight where you are and enjoy the large library of tweaks, themes, and applications that Cydia has to offer. There is no reason to update to iOS 6.1.3 if you haven’t already. Those already on iOS 6.1.3 will just have to be patient, and wait for the next major release of iOS to be jailbroken.

Sources: pod2g
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 04-03-2013 at 09:15 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

wasserinc (04-03-2013)

totally understandable.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AGIAMIU For This Useful Post:

Airwaves182 (04-03-2013), Silverado1987 (04-03-2013), vinaygoel2000 (04-03-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

I may just sit on my JB right through iOS7 as well. It would take some awesome new features the JB's can't currently do, to get me to upgrade. If everything works whats the point of putting a larger iOS on my phone only to likely slow it down :P
    But I agree to wait for a larger iOS release. 6.1.3 would most definitely be a huge waste.
    Last edited by 5kylar; 04-03-2013 at 10:26 AM.

I'm happy with iOS6.1.2. See you iOS7. And thanks to evasi0n team!

Thanks

Looks like i'll be rocking with 6.1.3 for awhile. No biggie, not like im missing out on anyting......yet that is :]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (04-03-2013)

i have 3gs new botroom... i have saved the Blobs for 6.1.2 ... can i untethered jb with snowbreeze now? i need custom firmwares... redsn0w doesnt support iOS6 custom firmware as i need to preserve my baseband... im currently on 5.1.1 cause im sure 3gs wont get ios 7

Quote Originally Posted by bisayakid07 View Post
    I'm happy with iOS6.1.2. See you iOS7. And thanks to evasi0n team!
    i am also happy with 6.1.2 i think waiting is very smart on their part that way Apple is not holding all the cards.

Thanks

The waiting game once again... It's kinda fun actually... 6.1.2 it is then until 7. something comes out and is jail breakable... Save them exploits boys! We can and will wait...

Good thing they are waiting this time. I'm sitting on 6.1.2 on my 4s until 7 is jailbreakable. As for my 4, if it is 7 capable I will be upgrading that through beta unlock work-arounds. Can't wait to see all of the new overhauls to come with 7.

Quote Originally Posted by d_animality View Post
    i have 3gs new botroom... i have saved the Blobs for 6.1.2 ... can i untethered jb with snowbreeze now? i need custom firmwares... redsn0w doesnt support iOS6 custom firmware as i need to preserve my baseband... im currently on 5.1.1 cause im sure 3gs wont get ios 7
    It depends on if you saved the SHSH blobs directly from Apple's server when they were still signing it. If you did, you can create a custom stitched firmware with sn0wbreeze and restore to that, which will include the jailbreak.

If it was saved from Cydia's server, then you cannot restore back to 6.1.2 as it contains invalid APTickets.

With all due respect and empathy for my friends stuck at 6.1.3, this is a very wise move on the dev's part. Us waiting so long for each jailbreak is really hard and gets people very impatient. To practically be able to release a jailbreak shortly after iOS 7 comes out is a fantastic idea. Keep in mind the new iPhone should be out in early summer this time (their original release dates for iPhone upgrades). That's only a couple months away now.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

I miss the days when jailbreaks used to come within minutes of a new release. The golden days of jailbreaking!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbaba For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (04-03-2013), iH85CH001 (04-03-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Looks like i'll be rocking with 6.1.3 for awhile. No biggie, not like im missing out on anyting......yet that is :]
    Yeah. Im Stuck also...

Quote Originally Posted by bigbaba View Post
    I miss the days when jailbreaks used to come within minutes of a new release. The golden days of jailbreaking!
    Same here.....

Smart idea. Wait for 7

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    Good thing they are waiting this time. I'm sitting on 6.1.2 on my 4s until 7 is jailbreakable. As for my 4, if it is 7 capable I will be upgrading that through beta unlock work-arounds. Can't wait to see all of the new overhauls to come with 7.
    Hopefully it's as nice as the concept videos.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Definitely better to wait for a new OS to come out...it would be a waste to use it on a minor upgrade like 6.1.3!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbaba View Post

Those were good days!!

I don't even miss a jb and iOS has implemented most of the features I used it for in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    I don't even miss a jb and iOS has implemented most of the features I used it for in the past.
    Your hurtin my feelins Thor! Hope your well brother!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-03-2013)

I'm on 6.1.3 after just getting the 5 2 weeks ago. It was on 6.0.1 and the signing window was closed for me.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just Dummy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-03-2013), Pinoy (04-03-2013)

Long live 6.1.2 and a micro wave to 7.0.0 😃🏄📲🛀🎉

iPhone? More like MyPhone louee6's Avatar
    Thanks

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww, suks for us iphone 5 users that updated to 6.1.3. 3 months for a jailbreak, thanks for the hope!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast