+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Development of iOS 7 Rumored to be Behind Schedule, Supposedly a Huge Overhaul

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Development of iOS 7 Rumored to be Behind Schedule, Supposedly a Huge Overhaul

There seems to be quite a long discussion going on over at Branch between several Apple reporters about the future release date of iOS 7. According to the sources involved in the discussion, a lot of Jony Ive’s work will be seen all over iOS 7, the only problem is it’s taking longer to develop than originally planned. In fact, Apple might have even pulled engineers away from OS X 10.9 to work on it.

John Gruber, who also runs the Apple blog, Daring Fireball, said Senior Vice President of Industrial Design and new head of Human Interface, Jony Ive, has apparently made noticeable visual tweaks to Apple’s mobile platform. So much that the “word on the street” has it that iOS engineers are required to put a polarizing filter over their iPhone displays to prevent onlookers from getting a glimpse of the new UI.

As you may already know, Apple is quite notorious when it comes to keeping projects a secret from its own employees so we wouldn’t be shocked if Gruber’s claims are true. Other participants in the discussion pointed out that all the changes made by Ive will make many users really happy by tossing out the rich-textures that Scott Forstall championed. If this was the case, a super clean and minimalist update to iOS is what we’d be seeing and that sounds like what many Apple fans have been seeking as they are starting to get bored with the iOS’ UI that hasn’t changed much since its release in 2007. The only thing to consider though is whether work on iOS 7 is worth delaying the release of OS X 10.9.

The discussion continues by diving into a conversation about when Apple’s next keynote will be held, with quite a few participants saying they’ve heard Apple will be holding a keynote in April to introduce a new iPad. Those of you who are interested in reading the discussion can do so by hitting the source link below.

Source: Branch

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Akshay Masand For This Useful Post:

Nikhil Gorwani (04-12-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 856 Posts

I'll probably strip it all away and replace it with my theme, anyway, so I really don't care what it looks like. However, I care greatly about how it functions. I hope for more animations. With all the RAM in phones nowadays, the iPhone has some room to play around with buttons and animations that use more than a handful of frames.

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Mac OSX can wait - we don't really need a new OS right now. Lion was a big step up, Mt. Lion brought improvements but nothing massive, and I don't suppose that 10.9 will be groundbreaking either - iOS on the other hand, needs some massive improvements and they need to be here now.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Don't think we'll see ios7 until iPhone is ready! And most of us will avoid it anyway until we have a save stable jailbreak!

Banned
    Thanks

I doubt it'll be better than a jailbroken 5.1.1.
    I hate IOS6 and I doubt it'll be better than a jailbroken IOS6 also.

I doubt it'll be anywhere near Android.

I'm guessing it'll be locked down tighter than any IOS previously so it will suck more than ever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

b1977, what a negative person you are and such a mind reader. I'm sure you know what it's going to be like. Apples system may need an upgrade for those who think a phone is their girlfriend or companion, damn folks...they are phones.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cgfusion For This Useful Post:

Mohit555 (04-03-2013), runey71 (04-03-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I would hope that they take some of the Jailbreak features and add them to ios7 so we do not have to jailbreak in the future to get the cool tweeks .

Thanks

Actually ... It boosts sales for apple to pretend they have fixed all exploits for a jailbreak and yet still leave them open for the community to Cydia it's way through ... .. After all has anyone ever roughy that those exploits where not secured on purpose .. And course they wnt make it that easy

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I'll probably strip it all away and replace it with my theme, anyway, so I really don't care what it looks like. However, I care greatly about how it functions. I hope for more animations. With all the RAM in phones nowadays, the iPhone has some room to play around with buttons and animations that use more than a handful of frames.
    more animations = worse battery life.. i do agree with the functionality of the OS.. not so much the looks.. that can always be changed..

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJob View Post
    more animations = worse battery life.. i do agree with the functionality of the OS.. not so much the looks.. that can always be changed..
    If they were able to optimize the animations and somehow increase the battery to a larger Mah then it shouldn't be a problem.
    Although apple has never been really good with battery optimizations...
    Devices
    iPod Touch 8gb 2nd Gen jailbroken 4.2.1
    iPhone 3GS 8gb new boot rom jailbroken 5.1.1
    iPhone 4S 16gb Stock 5.1.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by c0deName_ZERO View Post
    Actually ... It boosts sales for apple to pretend they have fixed all exploits for a jailbreak and yet still leave them open for the community to Cydia it's way through ... .. After all has anyone ever roughy that those exploits where not secured on purpose .. And course they wnt make it that easy
    Exactly I've noticed that it seems more like a game between Apple and the Dev Team. Apple could probably lock up there iOS for good if they really wanted to. But they don't cuz half they're customers would run to Droids. I used to have a Galaxy S2 (Till it inadvertently found water) and it was pretty awesome, not gunna lie, but it pales when compared to my jailbroken iPhone
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

I wonder if Jony Ive will start doing the iOS presentations now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    obv ios7 aint coming until the next iphone, so hopefully this wont delay the next phone...

Thanks

At least there will be a few less tweaks to reinstall when we jailbreak ios7... They will implement a few good Cydia mods... A new UI will be nice, but like jahooba said, most of us will prolly just jailbreak 7 and theme it to our liking... Time will tell if the changes of 7.0 are gonna be sweet or the same...

iPhone? More like MyPhone bigbaba's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    I doubt it'll be better than a jailbroken 5.1.1.
    I hate IOS6 and I doubt it'll be better than a jailbroken IOS6 also.

I doubt it'll be anywhere near Android.

I'm guessing it'll be locked down tighter than any IOS previously so it will suck more than ever.
    To be honest I switched from an iPhone 5 to an LG Optimus G for the extra screen size and although I can load any custom rom I want and tweak my phone any number of ways I still find that I use my phone for texting and surfing the Web. The iPhone does all the above just fine and if it wasn't for the screen size I'd go back to my iPhone because mobile safari is the best mobile browser out there.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Just a rumor when it comes down to it. But hopefully it won't delay the next iPhone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1pop23 View Post
    Although apple has never been really good with battery optimizations...
    Nonsense. Apple iDevices have always had the longest battery life compared to their competition.

iPhone? More like MyPhone andygev35's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    I wonder if Jony Ive will start doing the iOS presentations now.
    Almost certainly... (At least I hope so)

Scott Forstall was irritating to me. With Jony Ive given free reign with iOS7, I expect great changes, although Jony isn't a big fan of rich textures as Scott was.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    Nonsense. Apple iDevices have always had the longest battery life compared to their competition.

You ARE kidding, right?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marshelll View Post
    Yes, I agreed that Apple iDevices have always had the longest battery life compared to their competitor.
    Again, joking, right?

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast