+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Development of iOS 7 Rumored to be Behind Schedule, Supposedly a Huge Overhaul

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
So, I just need to respring now and before I do it, I'll give you the state of my battery....and I am very happy about it
    My iPhone is a Part of Me bbrks's Avatar
    Thanks

So, I just need to respring now and before I do it, I'll give you the state of my battery....and I am very happy about it

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

After I lost my JB I can't even get my phone to hit 70% in a day and I'm always on it. So I'm good
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

Thanks
    Thanked 8,437 Times in 4,285 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post

Cool, BB. But as I said several post ago - if this is iPhone 4 - I get those results too. You originally made your challenges when we were talking about iPhone 5 on 6.1.2 and even 4S. I can easily get those results on iPHone 4. Just not 4S or 5. I SO wish we could get that kind of battery - using all iPhone option turned on on iPhone 5.

I loved my iPhone 4 results. But no one can get them on iPhone 5 unless you severely cripple the phone's abilities. Or never use the 4G transmitter.

Thanks...

Thanks

Fair enough, agreed, btw that's one of the reasons I didn't want to buy i5.......as long as my i4 on 6.1.2 is like this

Thanks

Fair enough, agreed, btw that's one of the reasons I didn't want to buy i5.......as long as my i4 on 6.1.2 is like this
    iphone 4 is just so slow though. It feels like a toy to me anymore when I use my daughters. And it's so thick. I could never go back to a 4. Lol!!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Well, its the matter of taste. In my case, the difference in speed doesn't matter to me. Both phones do more or less the same things. There is however one thing I like more on i5, it's the light weight of it ,very nice indeed. But, as I stated before, that's not enough for me, to pay for it.

Thanks

Well, its the matter of taste. In my case, the difference in speed doesn't matter to me. Both phones do more or less the same things. There is however one thing I like more on i5, it's the light weight of it ,very nice indeed. But, as I stated before, that's not enough for me, to pay for it.
    The iPhone 4 is NOT the same as a 5. Not by a long shot. The 5 does WAAY more. But money is money. I hear that. But don't ever believe that you can do everything on your 4 that can be done on a 5. You'd be fooling yourself.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 04-15-2013 at 08:34 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Just read Wikipedia's article on modern LiON batteries. Not to mention Apple 's own instructions. ..
    Okay I read the Wiki article, I wish someone had told me this years ago! Someone I know told me that it's better for the battery to run it down to 5% before charging. I have been ruining my battery this whole time! Thank you so much for telling me. However, I can't find any instructions from Apple anywhere on this, could you please point me in the right direction? Thanks for all your help!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by embw View Post
    Okay I read the Wiki article, I wish someone had told me this years ago! Someone I know told me that it's better for the battery to run it down to 5% before charging. I have been ruining my battery this whole time! Thank you so much for telling me. However, I can't find any instructions from Apple anywhere on this, could you please point me in the right direction? Thanks for all your help!
    The person that told you that wasn't 100% misleading you. They just weren't tellingyou the whole story. It is "only better" in that you get a more accurate tracking of the battery depleting itself in terms of the percentage indicator when you deplete to below 10%. But you're only really supposed to run it that low every couple of weeks or once a month to help protect it long-term. Sorry you were operating under a different paradigm all this time.

I don't know the specific article at Apple to point you to I read it a couple of years ago in the main documents you get with your phone. Yes, imagine that, actually reading the instructions of something you buy. :-)

Thanks

I don't know the specific article at Apple to point you to I read it a couple of years ago in the main documents you get with your phone. Yes, imagine that, actually reading the instructions of something you buy. :-)
    I found an Apple web page but it wasn't that informative. I looked through all the documents that came with my phone and there was nothing! Honestly, it doesn't really sound like something Apple would include anyway.

Okay here's my test results:
    Development of iOS 7 Rumored to be Behind Schedule, Supposedly a Huge Overhaul-2013-04-16-13.53.19.png
    It says I've plugged it in because I forgot to take a screenshot before I put it on to charge (you can see it is charging at the time of the screenshot, that's what it is referring to). This wasn't a high use day either so that pretty dismal.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by embw View Post
    I found an Apple web page but it wasn't that informative. I looked through all the documents that came with my phone and there was nothing! Honestly, it doesn't really sound like something Apple would include anyway.

Okay here's my test results:
    Attachment 632692
    It says I've plugged it in because I forgot to take a screenshot before I put it on to charge (you can see it is charging at the time of the screenshot, that's what it is referring to). This wasn't a high use day either so that pretty dismal.
    Yep. That's about what I get on mine. Make sure to turn off all Location services - but Siri and Maps (or Google Maps if you have it). Too many things request Location services which don't need it. Make sure your Notifications are set sensibly too. You don't need a Badge or Banner from everything. Make sure brightness in no more than 50%. Turn most email accounts to Fetch 30 minutes rather than Push. Turn off BlueTooth if you don't use it (BIG, BIG Battery HOG!!). Those things will get you even better battery life.

Thanks

Yep. That's about what I get on mine. Make sure to turn off all Location services - but Siri and Maps (or Google Maps if you have it). Too many things request Location services which don't need it. Make sure your Notifications are set sensibly too. You don't need a Badge or Banner from everything. Make sure brightness in no more than 50%. Turn most email accounts to Fetch 30 minutes rather than Push. Turn off BlueTooth if you don't use it (BIG, BIG Battery HOG!!). Those things will get you even better battery life.
    I always have location services off when I'm not using it, same with Bluetooth. I think my brightness is usually around 50% and that my notifications are sensible. I'm willing to sacrifice some battery life for push as I prefer it. Other than that, I like to think that I'm doing what I can to conserve battery life. Will just have to be more careful with charging from now on.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234