Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Development of iOS 7 Rumored to be Behind Schedule, Supposedly a Huge Overhaul

OK, took the first screen shot now. Countdown started
    No respring or anything similar, don't wary.
    Last edited by bbrks; 04-11-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    I know all that, but just for the record, I started charging battery when it it was at 69 % and of course I will not use winterboard or respring the device. WIFI is all the time on and 3G is off. I receive about 50 mails per day and some 10 to 20 messages. The rest as usual, internet, calls....just the usual stuff. I don't play games..... and that's it.
    BTW, maybe the mods should move this somewhere else as a separate thread, because I think we are already far away from the original one .

OK took the first screen shot with 100 % battery. Countdown started
    . NOW WE KNOW YOUR SECRET. YOU KEEP YOUR DATA TRANSMITTER TURNED OFF ON THE PHONE FOR 3G. Any Of us can get those same results if we turn off our data transmitter. One of the iPhones essential abilities is to be able to get data while not near a Wi-Fi network. If you turn that off, of course, you'll get that result. Any of us can. Thanks for letting us know your true secret. But I want an iPhone not an iPod touch.

All bets are off because you're padding the results by crippling the phone.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 04-11-2013 at 10:36 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

You are just wonderful hahahahahahaha, I always get my data with E, so that's why I usually turn off 3G, but for the sake of the test, from this moment on 3G is on. Are you OK with it?
    Just took another screen shot with 3G enabled. Time and date can be seen on the status bar.
    My data plan with my carrier is without limits, so no problem. Not to forget, location services is always on and push full size, absolutely everything.
    Last edited by bbrks; 04-11-2013 at 10:59 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    it's always best - every two week at a minimum to let your phone run down to under 9% and then do a full charge with BatteryDoctor showing on the screen - to make sure you get a 'cleansing full charge' for lack of a better term. Only after a FULL charge from below 9% to 100% will you get your best battery performance for testing..

Most of you won't be able to do battery testing if you ever respring your phone for having and changing themes. Since the iOS 6 jailbreak - every respring resets your battery stats to 0 - and won't track it for you. MADDENING bug for those of us who theme. If you don't have Winterboard or do any theming then you can test battery usage..

You can still test of course -- you just can't use any Respring function for the period of your test.
    I rarely ever put my phone onto charge before it hits 5%, and very rarely take it off before it gets to fully charged. But I will be avoid resprings for the duration of the test. I will just avoid opening Cydia and hope that my phone doesn't crash at any point and require a respring.

Damn guys, we have to postpone the test, starting tomorrow again, I have a problem with Elite 6 and I will have to respring my phone. I'll let you know tomorrow, as soon as I start again. In the meantime, NewD... if you have another term and condition , please let me know.

You are just wonderful hahahahahahaha, I always get my data with E, so that's why I usually turn off 3G, but for the sake of the test, from this moment on 3G is on. Are you OK with it?
    Just took another screen shot with 3G enabled. Time and date can be seen on the status bar.
    My data plan with my carrier is without limits, so no problem. Not to forget, location services is always on and push full size, absolutely everything.
    The other big question is what phone do you have and what operating system? I used to easily get two days of battery out of my iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2.1. But nobody using iOS 6 on iPhone 5 gets anywhere near that battery life. So which phone on which operating system are you testing for us?

Damn guys, we have to postpone the test, starting tomorrow again, I have a problem with Elite 6 and I will have to respring my phone. I'll let you know tomorrow, as soon as I start again. In the meantime, NewD... if you have another term and condition , please let me know.
    I thought you weren't using Winterboard?! Elite 6 requires winterboard.

Quote Originally Posted by embw View Post
    I rarely ever put my phone onto charge before it hits 5%, and very rarely take it off before it gets to fully charged. But I will be avoid resprings for the duration of the test. I will just avoid opening Cydia and hope that my phone doesn't crash at any point and require a respring.
    You shouldn't really run your phone to under 10% before charging on a regular basis. It won't necessarily terribly hurt battery but it's not the way the battery was designed to be run.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 04-11-2013 at 12:21 PM.

I just download it, wasn't using Winterboard, but when I tried to download Elite 6 wallpapers, I got an error, and phone did a respring. I am recovered now, but obviously, a new start is needed. BTW, why are you always so suspicious, is that your art of life or what?
    You can go to Elite 6 thread, so I guess you might be able to help me

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

I've never been so deep into a crash lup that I had to lose my jailbreak. But I'm also careful. I've been in some pretty bad crash scenarios. There's almost always a way out. But you did your best - and that's all you can do. Make sure you come to a forum like this in the future. There is no website you could go to with more solutions. Don't try things alone - no matter how 'veteran' you are at the phone. There's ALWAYS someone who knows more than you do. You're stuck now without a jailbreak until iOS7 - this summer - then it will take time for the jailbreak. If I were you I would sell my phone after going to a Best Buy or Target that will likely still have stock with iOS 6.1.2 on it. You can check the 'shipping codes' with the sales clerks to make sure you're getting a new one that won't have 6.1.3 on it. If you're interested.. I can explain more.
    Thanks man but I'm actually probably going to wait for the iOS7 beta test. After a day without my jailbreak I'm liking it lol. Granted there are many things I miss but it's not that bad
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

Quote Originally Posted by 5kylar View Post
    Thanks man but I'm actually probably going to wait for the iOS7 beta test. After a day without my jailbreak I'm liking it lol. Granted there are many things I miss but it's not that bad
    Gotcha. Yeah - it's a different thing for iPhone 4.. You lose a lot of speed and power when jailbroken on an iPhone 4 higher than iOS 4.2.1. 5.1.1 isn't bad on an iPhone 4 - but 6 really slows it down - and jailbreak even moreso. Ironic -though - that iPhone 4 and lower folks have greater freedom to get their jailbreaks back..

Thanks

Gotcha. Yeah - it's a different thing for iPhone 4.. You lose a lot of speed and power when jailbroken on an iPhone 4 higher than iOS 4.2.1. 5.1.1 isn't bad on an iPhone 4 - but 6 really slows it down - and jailbreak even moreso. Ironic -though - that iPhone 4 and lower folks have greater freedom to get their jailbreaks back..
    I noticed a definite increase in speed after I restored that's for sure. Mostly in the animations. When jailbroken they would hang momentarily most of the time before actually completing the animation. I noticed this mostly in the preferences and ipod apps. Now nothing of the sort which is a nice plus

Well, unless iOS-7 includes browser automatic text reflow of HTC Android quality, I ain't buyin'.
    If ever there was a phone ('cos it's so narrow) and a small tablet ('cos the screen is so low res) in need of text reflow, I'd like to know about it.

Apple needs to understand the deficits in its hard and software, that are losing it sales to the competition.
    Text reflow is essential to browsing on any mobile device.
    IOW, it's a deal-breaker for a lot of would-have-been buyers.

Hopefully, Apple are waking up and smelling the coffee ... albeit it expensively late in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    Well, unless iOS-7 includes browser automatic text reflow of HTC Android quality, I ain't buyin'.
    If ever there was a phone ('cos it's so narrow) and a small tablet ('cos the screen is so low res) in need of text reflow, I'd like to know about it.

Apple needs to understand the deficits in its hard and software, that are losing it sales to the competition.
    Text reflow is essential to browsing on any mobile device.
    IOW, it's a deal-breaker for a lot of would-have-been buyers.

Hopefully, Apple are waking up and smelling the coffee ... albeit it expensively late in the day.
    Please explain "text reflow" in greater detail. I've had the Note 2 and Galaxy 3 in my hands for several hours of use and didn't find a single feature of them that was smoother in any way over an iPhone 5.

Thanks

You shouldn't really run your phone to under 10% before charging on a regular basis. It won't necessarily terribly hurt battery but it's not the way the battery was designed to be run.
    It's not? Then why does it even bother to drop below 10%? Why doesn't it just turn itself off when it gets to 10%? If what you're saying is true could you please provide some evidence of it?

For the record, I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 6.1.2. I usually have WiFi or 3G turned on. Not sure about actual usage but i feel like i use it almost constantly to do all sorts of stuff, but I have BatteryDoctor installed so i guess with this test we shall see.

Well it is true, it can get boring with iOS 6 and frankly there is nothing substantial to it. I'm definitely awaiting i0S 7 to see what it has to offer on it's platter and also curious to observe if it can make a big comeback. It is predicted that it will be ready by July 2013. Check this out - Analyst Predicts iPhone 5S, iO7 Release Date By July 2013 | Eagle's Rant
    Last edited by Nikhil Gorwani; 04-12-2013 at 03:43 AM.

Please explain "text reflow" in greater detail. I've had the Note 2 and Galaxy 3 in my hands for several hours of use and didn't find a single feature of them that was smoother in any way over an iPhone 5.
    Yeah, Shamsung don't natively support reflow - and when you get it in something like Opera, it's still not automatic - you have to double-click after text resizing.
    One of the reasons I'm selling the last Samsung device I'll ever own (SGN2)- PEUCHHH!

It's not? Then why does it even bother to drop below 10%? Why doesn't it just turn itself off when it gets to 10%? If what you're saying is true could you please provide some evidence of it?

For the record, I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 6.1.2. I usually have WiFi or 3G turned on. Not sure about actual usage but i feel like i use it almost constantly to do all sorts of stuff, but I have BatteryDoctor installed so i guess with this test we shall see.
    Just read Wikipedia's article on modern LiON batteries. Not to mention Apple 's own instructions. ..

18. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

embw (04-16-2013)

OK, folks, it's me again, phone is fully loaded, 100 %. I am not going to touch anything, just usual everyday use.
    So, 3G, WIFI, location, push, ON.
    Starting now, see you in two days with the result.

Thanks

Running it below even 20% counts as a cycle charge. Your phone is good for only a certain amount of these cycle charges before that battery just becomes unusable. So if you run it down to 10-20% everyday your phone won't last too long, or not as long as it could anyways

Quote Originally Posted by 5kylar View Post
    Running it below even 20% counts as a cycle charge. Your phone is good for only a certain amount of these cycle charges before that battery just becomes unusable. So if you run it down to 10-20% everyday your phone won't last too long, or not as long as it could anyways
    Well explained!. But most of the literature I've read says it has to be below 10% not 20% to be considered a cycle charge. And Battery Doctor considers it only a partial charge between 11% and 99%.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

embw (04-16-2013)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast