+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Development of iOS 7 Rumored to be Behind Schedule, Supposedly a Huge Overhaul

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by embw You ARE kidding, right? +1 The only reason my iphone lasts longer than my droid is cause it's jailbroken and I've tweaked it for optimal performance
    iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by embw View Post
    You ARE kidding, right?
    +1
    The only reason my iphone lasts longer than my droid is cause it's jailbroken and I've tweaked it for optimal performance over optimal looks

Now my iPod is a different story.. Development of iOS 7 Rumored to be Behind Schedule, Supposedly a Huge Overhaul-img_6175.png
    Last edited by 5kylar; 04-09-2013 at 05:36 PM.
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

Thanks

Please lend me your secrets. My iPhone never last more than 10 hours...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by embw View Post
    Please lend me your secrets. My iPhone never last more than 10 hours...
    No Winterboard. No Spotlight. No tweaks like Barrel and Zypher. Killed every "possible" launch daemon with iCleanerPro. (some shouldn't be tampered with) Minimized Mobile Substrate addons. (only the essentials) Ripped the mail app right out. Use BattSaver religiously on custom settings. Cycle charge once every couple weeks and the obvious one, keep Appswitcher clean or disable it altogether

I get about 2 days off 1 charge, with heavy use and about 75% backlight doing the above.

Thanks

That battery life sounds awesome, but I love tweaks like Barrel and Zephyr and I love having Mail on my phone. Porque no los dos?
    Dude, I'm not even sure why you have an iPhone, it sounds like you could get exactly what you wanted out of a phone in a much cheaper and longer lasting model.

Thanks

My phone was $150 lol. That's about as cheap as they come in Canada for anything decent. And if I can get away with getting an iPhone why not?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,420 Times in 4,281 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 5kylar View Post
    No Winterboard. No Spotlight. No tweaks like Barrel and Zypher. Killed every "possible" launch daemon with iCleanerPro. (some shouldn't be tampered with) Minimized Mobile Substrate addons. (only the essentials) Ripped the mail app right out. Use BattSaver religiously on custom settings. Cycle charge once every couple weeks and the obvious one, keep Appswitcher clean or disable it altogether

I get about 2 days off 1 charge, with heavy use and about 75% backlight doing the above.
    But that's NOT an iPhone anymore. . Anyone can get two days battery if thru badly cripple their iPhone. But then I could just get a Bkackberry and have the same thing. Who wants that. Not me.

Multitasking I agree is overrated. Killing AppSwitcher is a good idea as is keeping Push off and location services until you need them. I get 14-18 hours+ with those changes.

Apple could probably lock up there iOS for good if they really wanted to. But they don't cuz half they're customers would run to Droids.
    Nah. Jailbreakers have always overestimated our ubiquity in the iPhone market. Jailbreakers account for less than 5% of iPhone users. If we left - not even a blip on Apple's balance sheet. The reason they work to close exploits is because they're ACTUAL security risks. Plain & Simple. Us jailbreakers just help Apple FIND the security risks. It's a symbiotic relationship
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 04-11-2013 at 07:18 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

I guess whatever works for you, power to you.
    I just want a phone that CAN do all the things i want and last at least a day. That's all I want. Personally i need some sort of multitasking (man i miss pro switcher and backgrounder) because i get impatient and want to get lots of things done at once.

Thanks

You know I still have mail and and mutitasking. Maybe I've made it sound like my phone is a hollow shell with lots of battery but it's not. I simply dont use ios mail cuz it sucks and is always running now matter what. So i ripped it out and use a 3rd party mail app that actually supports hotmail. I don't like heavy tweaks like barrel cuz they suck the life out of your phone are aren't needed at all. As far as the launch daemons are concerned im only disabling the ones you dont really need like spotlight, gamecenter and report daemons (all useless to me) And battsaver is just an app that saves battery by turning off your radios when they aren't actually being used. So I'm not really sure how that makes my iphone not an iphone lol I still do everything everyone else does just faster and with more life to do it, cuz theres not a bunch of pointless crap running on my phone to slow it down
    Last edited by 5kylar; 04-11-2013 at 07:30 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bbrks's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't understand you problem with battery. My iphone was just now plugged in to take this screen shot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    I don't understand you problem with battery. My iphone was just now plugged in to take this screen shot.

It's never proof - when the words 'iphone has been plugged in since the last full charge'. Why would anyone plug in their phone when it's still at 69%.

Nice try

Show us that SAME photo without the 'iPhone has plugged in' message - and we'll believe you...

Thanks

There is no problem with battery lol. I just don't like charging my phone everyday :P I just lost my JB last night anyways so honestly at this point none of this matters to me anymore. That was just the stuff I was doing before to extend battery life. You guys can take what you want from it

And you should have waaay more than 44mb of free mem. I have roughly 200-300 free at any given time.
    So unless your on a 3gs...yaaa
    Last edited by 5kylar; 04-11-2013 at 08:05 AM.

Thanks

There is no problem with battery lol. I just don't like charging my phone everyday :P I just lost my JB last night anyways so honestly at this point none of this matters to me anymore. That was just the stuff I was doing before to extend battery life. You guys can take what you want from it

And you should have waaay more than 44mb of free mem. I have roughly 200-300 free at any given time.
    So unless your on a 3gs...yaaa
    An iPhone 4 you can downgrade to get your Jailbreak back. So cheer up!

What did you do to lose it in the first place?

Thanks

I don't have the SHSH blobs cuz i got cocky and thought nothing bad would happen lol. Well it did. I put up a thread on a few forums explaining how easily crap happens for those who may not know. But essentially I installed a winterboard theme to remove the wallpaper gradient and it didn't play nice at all with my phone and bricked me up so I had to restore. Pretty crappy considering :P

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    It's never proof - when the words 'iphone has been plugged in since the last full charge'. Why would anyone plug in their phone when it's still at 69%.

Nice try

Show us that SAME photo without the 'iPhone has plugged in' message - and we'll believe you...
    No problem, you wont to bet ?
    Ok, I am going to plug it in now, as soon as its 100 % I will post another screen shot. You will see the time and day, in two days I will post another screen schot, of course without the message above, agreed?????

iPhone? More like MyPhone andygev35's Avatar
    Thanks

If you had booted into safe mode, you may have been able to fix it... Too late now tho.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andygev35 View Post
    If you had booted into safe mode, you may have been able to fix it... Too late now tho.
    Not a newbie here I couldn't force safe mode, redsn0w was incompatible but worth a try, tried ripping Winterboard and the theme right out with SHH and that failed too. I even followed a few online guides to mod specific boot daemons to get it working. Nothing. Just that Crapple logo lol Not a huge deal though, at least my phone still works. That's all I care about now.

Thanks

No problem, you wont to bet ?
    Ok, I am going to plug it in now, as soon as its 100 % I will post another screen shot. You will see the time and day, in two days I will post another screen schot, of course without the message above, agreed?????
    Yes. You need to be able to prove it. And it's easy to do. Apple makes it clear if 'you're cheating'.. I'm not denying your claims - I'm just saying I need you to prove them. That's all. And it's easy to prove. Now make sure you use your phone doing everything you normally would. Don't just 'play music' for the next two days - to try and 'pad' your result. We want to see 'REAL WORLD" proof. Using your phone 'fully' as you would every day. I will say this too. Using your phone 'only 2 hours' in a two day period is VERY, VERY light usage. Not anywhere near how most iPhone users use their phones. That will also affect your result. You're a light user, bro.

Not a newbie here I couldn't force safe mode, redsn0w was incompatible but worth a try, tried ripping Winterboard and the theme right out with SHH and that failed too. I even followed a few online guides to mod specific boot daemons to get it working. Nothing. Just that Crapple logo lol Not a huge deal though, at least my phone still works. That's all I care about now.
    I've never been so deep into a crash lup that I had to lose my jailbreak. But I'm also careful. I've been in some pretty bad crash scenarios. There's almost always a way out. But you did your best - and that's all you can do. Make sure you come to a forum like this in the future. There is no website you could go to with more solutions. Don't try things alone - no matter how 'veteran' you are at the phone. There's ALWAYS someone who knows more than you do. You're stuck now without a jailbreak until iOS7 - this summer - then it will take time for the jailbreak. If I were you I would sell my phone after going to a Best Buy or Target that will likely still have stock with iOS 6.1.2 on it. You can check the 'shipping codes' with the sales clerks to make sure you're getting a new one that won't have 6.1.3 on it. If you're interested.. I can explain more.

Thanks

No problem, my guess would be something between 4 and 6 hours of usage and day and a half of stand by time. Anyhow charging will be finished in 47 minutes. I am using Battery doctor for this purpose, so see you in two days

Thanks

Hmm. I may take part in this little experiment also. It will, at very least, be interesting to test out for my own benefit.

Thanks

it's always best - every two week at a minimum to let your phone run down to under 9% and then do a full charge with BatteryDoctor showing on the screen - to make sure you get a 'cleansing full charge' for lack of a better term. Only after a FULL charge from below 9% to 100% will you get your best battery performance for testing..

Most of you won't be able to do battery testing if you ever respring your phone for having and changing themes. Since the iOS 6 jailbreak - every respring resets your battery stats to 0 - and won't track it for you. MADDENING bug for those of us who theme. If you don't have Winterboard or do any theming then you can test battery usage..

You can still test of course -- you just can't use any Respring function for the period of your test.