Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Supposed Photo of "Facebook Phone" Leaked Ahead of Thursday's Event

Thanks

Default Supposed Photo of "Facebook Phone" Leaked Ahead of Thursday's Event

With the planned Facebook just two days away, the photo of an HTC-built handset dubbed the “HTC First” has been leaked on the internet, with several sites touting that the true “Facebook phone” may soon see a release.

For those of you who haven’t been following the word on the street about the news, the social network giant is widely expected to show off a new operating system built on Google’s Android platform at an event scheduled for Thursday. Some rumors even went as far as to say the company will introduce its own smartphone based on HTC hardware. In a tweet on Tuesday “evleaks” who has in the past revealed several handsets before their official unveiling, revealed the HTC First, which could be the handset in question.

Although the alleged picture does exhibit some aliasing around the “HTC First” lettering, the text overlay may simply be a label “evleaks” put on a legitimate photo of the phone. Speculation of a Facebook-developed phone has been making the rounds for some time. According to the recent rumor, the firm is looking to launch an iPhone competitor that deeply integrates its social networking platform into hardware built by a dedicated handset maker, with HTC being at the top of the list. The device could feature direct Facebook profile updating and a homescreen news feed, as well as quick access to the service’s integrated apps. Sources may say the mobile OS will be a “flavor” of Android with a user interface reminiscent of Facebook’s iOS app.

We’ll have to wait and see how much of this turns out to be true as we’ll be finding out soon enough.

Source: Twitter (@evleaks) via AppleInsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Akshay Masand For This Useful Post:

cowburnator (04-03-2013)

Bah. Looks like any other android phone.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hogcia For This Useful Post:

slim.jim (04-03-2013), vinaygoel2000 (04-03-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Is saying they all look the same a phoneist comment?

I was just expecting something unique from Facebook. This thing looks like cheap TracFone to me. But then again, this could just be a rumor.

Why care about what it looks like? It's important of what the little sucker can do. Never judge it's look and sizes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Facebook phone? Yawn...

Thanks

Maybe 4 or 5 years ago this would have been cool... A lil late in the game me thinks, most people I know are using Facebook less and less all the time... Prolly be big with teeny boppers in junior high and high school... If they release this phone I'm gonna hate Facebook... It's so annoying how many people post every pic of their daily lives, every thought, feeling, what's for dinner, how bored they are, etc... This phone would integrate with Facebook even more than the integration that we already have... Almost time for me to abandon Facebook...

Just looks like a typical 'chav' phone like blackberry was

What the hell is that.

Thanks

I thought I was at mod my i dot com..??...weird