Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5S Production Beginning This Quarter Says WSJ

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default iPhone 5S Production Beginning This Quarter Says WSJ

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that plans to introduce the iPhone 5S in early summer are moving along as planned, with production of the next-gen device set to begin any time now.

On Tuesday, the Wall Street Journal reported that Q2 production of the iPhone 5S is now all but certain.

Apple Inc. plans to begin production of a refreshed iPhone similar in size and shape to its current one in the second quarter of the year, according to people familiar with the device's production, teeing up a possible summer launch for the next version of its flagship device.
    While the iPhone 5S begins rolling off of the assembly lines over the next few months, Apple will reportedly continue working with its manufacturing partners in Asia to ready the "less expensive iPhone" for launch this fall.

"The four-inch device will likely use a different casing from the higher-end iPhone," sources tell the WSJ. "Apple has been working on different color shells for the phone but its plans remain unclear."

It goes without saying that an Apple spokesperson refused to comment on the story.

Sources: WSJ, Gizmag

Thanks
    Thanked 3,252 Times in 1,383 Posts

We'll see...
    I'm still a skeptic

Here come the negativity......c'mon...wah, wah, wah

iPhone? More like MyPhone Brandonii's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll probably be skipping the 5s and going straight to the 6.

It will depend on the spec for me.
    Im able to upgrade my 4s middle of September, so hoping for the iPhone 6 by then looks doubtful.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cgfusion View Post
    Here come the negativity......c'mon...wah, wah, wah
    What r u referring to?

I'm skeptical about a summer release, not the iPhone 5S

Banned
    Thanks

I like the looks of the iPod, they should make the phone like that and change the iPod to something else.

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    I like the looks of the iPod, they should make the phone like that and change the iPod to something else.
    Surprising you don't have anything negative to say. You're usually bashing something about Apple and being all pro android.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Venom1234 For This Useful Post:

Mohit555 (04-03-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

"Apple Inc. plans to begin production of a refreshed iPhone similar in size and shape to its current one in the second quarter of the year, according to people familiar with the device's production, teeing up a possible summer launch for the next version of its flagship device."

oh why?

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 753 Posts

As i have said in the past! Since when does the WSJ run Apple?? and know what they are doing?

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    What r u referring to?

I'm skeptical about a summer release, not the iPhone 5S
    I wasn't referring to you, I was getting a head start on the typical whining that is posted whenever anything is announced......wait for it.....ah, there is is.....

MINIMAL upgraded phone. NOT WORTH THE UPGRADE. But they'll market it good and act like they invented the best phone out at the time with specs from phones that had the same specs last year.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

If its not better that the iPhone 5 I will probably hold off once again.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cgfusion View Post
    i wasn't referring to you, i was getting a head start on the typical whining that is posted whenever anything is announced......wait for it.....ah, there is is.....
    lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Venom1234 View Post
    MINIMAL upgraded phone. NOT WORTH THE UPGRADE. But they'll market it good and act like they invented the best phone out at the time with specs from phones that had the same specs last year.
    Wrong, it's more than worth the upgrade. I chose this mainly for the fact it's the "minimal" upgrade you talk about. Look at the anttennagate problem of the 4. Fixed in the 4S, look at the glitch where if you try swiping alot quickly on the screen it doesn't register. Bet it'll be fixed with the 5S, I chose the S models because all the kinks of the new model are worked out and polished. That along with a spec bump from the new processor? That's more than worth the upgrade.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to fanboyfanboy For This Useful Post:

Mohit555 (04-03-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    Wrong, it's more than worth the upgrade. I chose this mainly for the fact it's the "minimal" upgrade you talk about. Look at the anttennagate problem of the 4. Fixed in the 4S, look at the glitch where if you try swiping alot quickly on the screen it doesn't register. Bet it'll be fixed with the 5S, I chose the S models because all the kinks of the new model are worked out and polished. That along with a spec bump from the new processor? That's more than worth the upgrade.
    Swiping quickly glitch has been fixed since iOS 6.1.

I have the 5 and am due an upgrade in October. Hopefully I can get the 5S on sale by then.

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post

I have the 5 and am due an upgrade in October. Hopefully I can get the 5S on sale by then.
    I have a 4S and am due for an upgrade, I plan on getting the 5S right away, but the swiping quickly glitch I didn't think could be fixed by a software update? That has to do with the way the screen is attached to the phone and how the touch sensors are built into the glass?

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

We'll just have to wait and see!

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post

um the 6 will probably get released around October/November...

I'm looking forward to the iPhone 6 instead of this upcoming so called iPhone 5S. iOS 7 better have awesome features, otherwise I will have no hope for Apple. Evidently, there's hasn't been a major iOS that has "Wowed" us since iOS 4 and so it's up to Jonathan Ive to do a major improvement on the OS. I can't wait until iOS 7 releases!
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast