Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weekly Tweak Recap Mar. 25 - Mar. 31

Default Weekly Tweak Recap Mar. 25 - Mar. 31

In case you've missed out on the new jailbreak tweaks Cydia has seen, this recap will highlight the tweaks we've shown you this week. These are in no specific order.

1. LockHTML2 – 99¢

LockHTML2 is a new jailbreak tweak that supersedes LockHTML as an HTML lock screen widget platform for iOS. The tweak comes with one HTML widget already; however, other developers can contribute and users can download and use them. In addition to HTML widgets, the tweak also comes with some useful lock screen customization options, which can be used to make the widget experience even better.

2. Addial – FREE

Addial is a nice free notification center add-on, styled to look like the iOS 6 share widget that can be used to add contacts and/or initiate phone calls. The widget is easily enabled in the Notifications preferences pane from the Settings application.

3. Auto App Updater – $2.99

Auto App Updater is a new jailbreak tweak that can be used to automatically update your outdated App Store applications in the background. The tweak lets you set your own timed increment to check for updates so that it doesn’t drain your battery. In addition, users can pick and choose the applications that get updated, so they aren’t forced to update a perfectly working application to a potentially broken version of the application. The tweak includes information about the changes of all the applications that are automatically updated, so the user won’t miss a beat. This tweak is highly recommended for those that sometimes forget to keep their App Store apps up to date!

4. N Stats for NotificationCenter – FREE

N Stats for NotificationCenter is a nicely-made notification center widget that can show the user information about their device, including the amount of free RAM, amount of free storage, and the active download and upload speed of the network that they’re connected to. The widget is minimalist, while still managing to give the user information that they might like to know about.

5. WeatherIcon 6 – FREE

WeatherIcon 6 is the iOS 6-compatible version of the popular WeatherIcon that can be used to make the Weather application icon (or another application icon) show the actual weather information based on your location. This is much more useful than how Apple’s Weather application icon always shows sunny and 73º.

6. Badge Customizer – FREE

Badge Customizer is a tweak that allows the user to adjust the application icon badges on the home screen. The tweak allows the user to change their color, adjust the size, and even choose the positioning of the badges on the application icons.

7. LiveWire – FREE

LiveWire is a simple tweak that gives you a new unlocking animation for the lock screen. The animation resembles a curtain being opened, and may be more appealing to some than the stock unlocking animation.

8. NCMusicGestures – FREE

NCMusicGestures is a simple notification center add-on that gives the user a better way to control music. The add-on is basically a music control widget that includes gesture controls for the Music application and information about the currently-playing song.

9. ToDoNotes 2 – FREE

ToDoNotes 2 is an iOS 6-compatible version of ToDoNotes that allows the user to store notes that are created in the Notes application on the SpotLight page of the home screen. Notes are added to this space manually via the share button at the bottom of the Notes application. This tweak is great for those that don't really use SpotLight; however, the tweak doesn't disable SpotLight, so users will still get the best of both worlds.

10. AlarmDisplay Pro – $1.50

AlarmDisplay Pro is a tweak for those that use their alarms a lot on iOS. The tweak gives the user options for showing different kinds of alarm information as application icon badges on the Clock application, and also lets the user use Activator to set an alarm form anywhere.

11. RecordMyScreen – FREE

RecordMyScreen is a free and open source alternative to Display Recorder that was created by a large team of iOS developers. The recorder comes complete with different recording options, Camera Roll importing features, and additional features that screen recorder users will need.

12. Earth LivePaper – $1.99

Earth LivePaper is yet another option for the popular LivePapers jailbreak tweak. Earth LivePaper is different from the rest of the LivePapers because it displays Earth on the display and the earth will rotate with the user’s finger when they swipe on the display. The LivePaper comes with a ton of options the user can configure as well.

13. iBatteryInfo – FREE

iBatteryInfo is a simple tweak that shows the user information about their iOS device’s battery whenever the device is plugged in or unplugged.

14. MyAssistive – FREE

MyAssistive is an interesting new tweak that gives the user the ability to give the Assitive Touch button functionality that it never had before. The tweak comes with multiple functions that the user can assign to it, but the tweak also comes with some additional options, such as removing the auto-snapping that happens when you move the button around, and changing the colors of the buttons from the Assitive Touch menu. The tweak is definitely worth taking a look at if you like shortcuts or hardware button alternatives.

15. LLBPano – FREE

LLBPano is a simple jailbreak tweak that enables Low Light Boost mode when shooting photographs in panorama mode on the iPhone 5 or iPod touch 5G.

16. Front HDR – FREE

Front HDR is a simple jailbreak tweak that enables HDR mode for users shooting photographs with their front-facing camera.

17. PowerSwipe – FREE

PowerSwipe gives the user the ability to assign new functions to the lock screen’s camera grabber. The features include the ability to shut down, reboot, and even respring whenever the camera grabber is swiped upwards on the lock screen.

18. FaceSlideR 2 – $2.99

FaceSlideR 2 is the sequel to FaceSlideR, which allows the user to change the lock screen slider icon to almost anything they want. The tweak lets the user pick an image from their Camera Roll, take a picture to use, or even search the Web for pictures to use. The tweak even comes with built-in editing features so that the user can make the image look the way they want it to look before they apply it.

19. NoLaunchAlert – FREE

NoLaunchAlert is a simple tweak that disables the launch alerts in applications that support them, such as when the Messages application bugs you about being in Airplane Mode whenever you have the feature enabled. You can configure the applications that the tweak disables these messages for.

Stay tuned for next week's Weekly Tweak Recap - only on ModMyi!

If you missed our previous Weekly Tweak Recap, you can view it from this link.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 04-01-2013 at 04:16 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

ABOSWORTH (04-01-2013), emerica6708 (04-01-2013), rwpeary (04-04-2013)

Wow what a great week in tweaks!

I appreciate you doing these recaps, Mr. Bouchard. I check this forum multiple times a day but always seem to miss some of the new tweaks so these recaps are most helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    I appreciate you doing these recaps, Mr. Bouchard. I check this forum multiple times a day but always seem to miss some of the new tweaks so these recaps are most helpful.
    While i wholeheartedly appreciate Mr. Bouchard's articles.. All of them.. This weeks tweak weakly recap sucks! Not one interesting tweak.. None of them are getting installed on my phone..

Quote Originally Posted by Mohit555 View Post
    While i wholeheartedly appreciate Mr. Bouchard's articles.. All of them.. This weeks tweak weakly recap sucks! Not one interesting tweak.. None of them are getting installed on my phone..
    Really? I disagree. The Earth Livepaper is off the hook. I realize you probably don't want to pay but it is very cool. The level of customization is insane and is by far the coolest livepaper yet. I also dig the weather icon tweak and badge customizer.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ABOSWORTH For This Useful Post:

rwpeary (04-04-2013)

^^
    My bad.. I didnt see the 'more' icon there..the top five do suck..
    I have two tweaks already installed out of the whole lot. Badge customizer and record my display.. You're right.. I dont usually pay for tweaks.. Although some of the best ones out there are paid.. :/ ahh well not a bad tweak week afterall..!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Saved0ne's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kennysmoothx View Post
    Wow what a great week in tweaks!
    No joke!! Such an awesome list of tweaks.

Thanks

Earth is the coolest livepaper yet? It's lame. It's the earth. It spins when you spin it. That's it. No way I'd pay for it. Weather icon wouldn't work for me on my 5.

Badge Customizer is a great tweak. Love it. Oh and just wanted to say I love these weekly Tweak updates. Really helpful. Keep it up
    If my 2 cents helped ya, Thank me by hitting the Thanks Button!

f.lux should be on the list every week.

is it just me, or do the "livepapers" slow everything down.?earth ismy first lice paper. ever since i got it, the phone is slow and unstable