+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Front HDR' Enables HDR Mode for the Front Camera

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
For those looking for additional ways to improve the functionality of the iPhone’s front-facing camera, look no further than Front HDR by iOS developer PoomSmart. As the tweak’s name suggests,
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'Front HDR' Enables HDR Mode for the Front Camera

For those looking for additional ways to improve the functionality of the iPhone’s front-facing camera, look no further than Front HDR by iOS developer PoomSmart.

As the tweak’s name suggests, the tweak enables HDR shooting mode for the front-facing camera on certain iOS devices. HDR can be used with the rear-facing camera on multiple different iOS device models, and it enabled right from the Camera application.

Currently, the tweak is compatible with the iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, and iPod touch 5G – the tweak also requires iOS 6 on the device you want to install it on. It’s unknown at this point in time if the tweak will be getting support for the iPod touch 4G or multiple iPads with front-facing cameras.

HDR photography can be useful in situations where lighting is either too light or too dark – The feature snaps both an ultra bright and ultra dark photograph and combines them into one photograph so the user gets the best of both worlds in terms of photograph lighting.

Front HDR is available for free in Cydia’s BigBoss repository and has not options to configure. If you’re interested, go and grab it!

Name: Front HDR
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-2
    Requirements: iOS 6, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, or iPod touch 5G
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: PoomSmart
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 04-03-2013 at 08:21 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Finally no more blurry type pixelated photos.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Finally no more blurry type pixelated photos.
    lol it gives a worse effect than blurry on an iPhone 4S

Green Apple
    Thanks

I installed this and two other camera-related tweaks, including the low light boost for iPod touch, and it caused my iPod to get stuck respringing and restarting. The only way to get back in way by disabling Mobile Substrate. Is there an issue here?

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mahboi View Post
    I installed this and two other camera-related tweaks, including the low light boost for iPod touch, and it caused my iPod to get stuck respringing and restarting. The only way to get back in way by disabling Mobile Substrate. Is there an issue here?
    It honestly sounds like you're having a tweak conflict of some sort.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Doesn't work. You can't make a 5MP camera take pics with the same resolution as the rear facing camera. Downloaded this app just to see if it made any sort of difference and the answer is not one bit. Looks exactly the same. It's so bad that they've had 3 updates in 1 day. As a side note the only real negative I've seen is it freezes when switching between front and rear facing cameras. And when swiping the camera away to get to the photo you just took, the photo appears super blurry. You have to close it and open the camera roll app. USELESS.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to plnkeye21 For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (04-01-2013)

Thanks
    Real bad!!!!