+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WeatherIcon 6 Released With Support for iOS 6

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 808 Posts

Default WeatherIcon 6 Released With Support for iOS 6

The popular WeatherIcon jailbreak tweak by dba technologies has been updated Sunday with support for iOS 6. The new version of the tweak is called WeatherIcon 6 and is now available in Cydia’s ModMyi repository as a free download.

In case you’re not familiar with WeatherIcon, the tweak allows the user to make the Weather application icon more useful. The weather application icon will display the actual temperature of the user-set location, rather than the 73º indicator that the tweak always shows. In addition, the icon will also show sun, clouds, rain, or other weather conditions depending on the actual weather of the user-set location.

WeatherIcon’s preferences pane can be found inside of the settings for the weather widget in the Notifications preferences pane in the Settings application:

From the preferences pane, the user can choose the application icon that WeatherIcon will customize. This is great for people that use third-party weather applications that don’t really care to put the current weather conditions on the stock weather application.

In addition, the tweak also gives the user the option to display the current weather conditions and current temperature in the Status Bar; however, the developer notes that an update to libstatusbar is required to use these features, so they’re off limits for the time being. The update should be out soon.

Be sure to grab this awesome Cydia classic; now iOS 6-compatible!

Name: WeatherIcon 6
    Price: FREE
    Version: 6.0.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 6
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: dba technologies
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Naresh2121 (04-01-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Note: Weathericon 6 for iOS6 is in the queue at MMI. Status bar features still require an update to libstatusbar that is in the works.
    Thats mean we need to update libstatusbar before install and using Weathericon6 for iOS6, right?Or no need to wait libstatusbar update?
    Thank you!

Thanks
    Such a simple tweak, but I'm glad to have it back!

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 808 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thanhnh091 View Post
    Note: Weathericon 6 for iOS6 is in the queue at MMI. Status bar features still require an update to libstatusbar that is in the works.
    Thats mean we need to update libstatusbar before install and using Weathericon6 for iOS6, right?Or no need to wait libstatusbar update?
    Thank you!
    You can install WeatherIcon 6 right now. The Status Bar features won't work as expected until the libstatusbar update is live and you install it.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    It is nice to have the weathericon 6 back on IOS 6, however wish it would work with ayecon weathericon theme.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    You can install WeatherIcon 6 right now. The Status Bar features won't work as expected until the libstatusbar update is live and you install it.
    Yup thanks for your response!
    Do you know when will libstatusbar next ver update support Weathericon6 live on Cydia?

Thanks

Installed didn't get perference panel in setting just change temp on weather icon

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clifdog View Post
    Installed didn't get perference panel in setting just change temp on weather icon
    Check Notifications->Weather in settings.
    Last edited by BobHackett2; 04-01-2013 at 04:58 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Great !
    Last edited by digzz; 04-01-2013 at 07:12 AM.

Thanks

Good look I found it

Thanks

EDIT: Very cool! At first it sounded like it was not Location Aware and one would have to keep changing the user location. But it is indeed Location Aware. Very nice!
    Last edited by Kupe; 04-01-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

For me the weather temp isn't changing even with location on. It's 70 here and the icon still showing 52. Went to the app settings and no where to fix this. Anyone else having the same issue?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    THis is great but I guess it also needs compatibility with ayecon Theme.

This is great for the long awaited weather icon for ios 6. I would request the developer to also have the compatibility issue be resolved with Ayecon Theme.
    Last edited by aniel1; 04-01-2013 at 09:42 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eskco View Post
    For me the weather temp isn't changing even with location on. It's 70 here and the icon still showing 52. Went to the app settings and no where to fix this. Anyone else having the same issue?

What's your stock weather.app set to? I believe that's where it pulls from no matter what app icon you have it set for.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Does it drain battery? Awesome tweak!

Thanks

Hmmmm...something isn't quite right. The Weather icon only updates when I Reboot or Respring. I have it set in Notifications to the stock Weather app. Too bad...it seemed like a cool idea!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Hmmmm...something isn't quite right. The Weather icon only updates when I Reboot or Respring. I have it set in Notifications to the stock Weather app. Too bad...it seemed like a cool idea!
    It is causing my weather app to crash. Everytime I push the weather app button, it doesn't bring up my saved weather locations.
    Any ideas???

Fryer

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Doesn't tell me the correct weather. It says its 36° and then I go into the app and tells me it's 27° where I am. None of the saved places has 36° either. Too many bugs.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks like it doesn't update itself unless the iPhone is resprung or restarted. Also, can't find a way to make this work on the iPad at all.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    Looks like it doesn't update itself unless the iPhone is resprung or restarted. Also, can't find a way to make this work on the iPad at all.
    Exactly. How modmyi rated this 5/5 is stupid. This tweak is useless if I have to respring. The temps in Michigan change hourly and I don't want to have to respring my phone to check the temp.

The rating for this should be 2/5!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Scotty Manley Silberhorn For This Useful Post:

SHARON1O (04-01-2013)

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast