Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'RecordMyScreen' is a New, Free, and Open Source Screen Recorder for iOS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by regkilla View Post
    Or at least make it optional for $1.99. That would be great.
    Just wait a few and a new tweak version of RecordMyScreen will be released soon without the red bar!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Does it record system audio? That's all I want out of a recorder...
    Quote Originally Posted by keenpois0n View Post
    system audio would be fantastic, and I hope coolstar and the other devs can figure out a way, but Ryan petrich has said with the current idevice hardware line up, it is impossible
    Ok, so I have looked on how iOS buffers it's audio, and I (think) that it may be possible to get system audio. However, I can not exactly promise this, as I still have to look into it and see if it is indeed possible.
    Last edited by coolstar; 04-01-2013 at 12:42 AM.

Thanks

1. If u want to pay for a simple open source app go buy rpetrich's DisplayRecorder and you won't get disappointed.
    2. Actually this app is the same DisplayRecorder from BogunSoft that got pulled from appstore a few months ago because of using private APIs.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by At3eS View Post
    1. If u want to pay for a simple open source app go buy rpetrich's DisplayRecorder and you won't get disappointed.
    2. Actually this app is the same DisplayRecorder from BogunSoft that got pulled from appstore a few months ago because of using private APIs.
    Your comment sir, is very stupid.
    1. Ryan Petrich's DisplayRecorder is NOT Open Source. I bet you can't find it's source code anyhere online.
    2. Really? have you looked on the commits on github? We built this app from scratch.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coolstar View Post
    Your comment sir, is very stupid.
    1. Ryan Petrich's DisplayRecorder is NOT Open Source. I bet you can't find it's source code anyhere online.
    2. Really? have you looked on the commits on github? We built this app from scratch.
    You better read my STUPID comment again!!
    1. I didn't say DisplayRecorder is open source. I said if u wanna pay for this u better pay for that. RecordMyScreen do it's job as a FREE alternative but if the developers (seems one of them can't even understand my last comment ;P) want to make it a paid app, i choose DR.
    2. And i didnt mean coolstar uses the same code. I meant UI and the app itself is like that AppStore app

Btw i do checked this project when it was broken though, and I appreciate your team's hard work
    Last edited by At3eS; 04-01-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Thanks

Only complaints I see are audio recording and the red bar. Other than that it looks pretty solid for a version one release. Give them time, im sure it will get updated and possible be red bar-less and record audio easily. I use it to help users setup Exchange accounts on their iPhones. Much easier than words and pics :]

iPhone? More like MyPhone BrainSmashR's Avatar
    Thanks

The icon doesn't appear, which is a nonissue in itself because I can activate the app with Activator...however, I am unable to retrieve videos since they are initially stored within the app. Does anyone know where the vids are stored so I can transfer them with ifunbox or even verify that they were made??

iPhone? More like MyPhone BrainSmashR's Avatar
    Thanks

found it... var/mobile/documents From there you can save them to "photos"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12