+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'PowerSwipe' Allows You to Use the Camera Grabber for Booting Options

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'PowerSwipe' Allows You to Use the Camera Grabber for Booting Options

The Camera Grabber on the lock screen can sometimes be useful, but for those that donít have a need for it because they donít use the camera that much, a new free jailbreak tweak called PowerSwipe by iOS developer jayja1lbreak is now available in Cydia for making it so the Camera Grabber can be used for other things.

As the name implies, PowerSwipe gives the Camera Grabber new power abilities. The user can configure what the Camera Grabber can be used for via the PowerSwipe preferences pane in the Settings application:

Apart from enabling and disabling the tweak on demand, users can choose to use the Camera Grabber for respringing their device, rebooting their device, or even just shutting their device down. After choosing their options, the user should respring their device to ensure the settings take effect. It may also be necessary to disable and then re-enable the tweak after installing to make sure the tweak works as expected, but this will only need to be done once.

Once your options are saved, you can head over to the lock screen, swipe on the Camera Grabber, and watch the option that you chose take effect before your eyes. If youíd like to give PowerSwipe a try, it is available right now in Cydia at no cost. It's also worth noting that the tweak was created by a 12-year old developer Ė kudos jayja1lbreak!

Name: PowerSwipe
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: jayja1lbreak
    Editor's Rating:  3/5

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

wiipro (03-30-2013)

Previously known as weedsmart
    Thanks

i would get this if it had the option of safe mode

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by highboi View Post
    i would get this if it had the option of safe mode
    I am the tweak's developer I may think about this in a new version thanks for the idea.