+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: iPhone 5S Coming June 20th

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Pity it won't be jailbreakable (so far) :/
    My iPhone is a Part of Me radioBirdman's Avatar
    Thanks

Pity it won't be jailbreakable (so far) :/

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,319 Times in 5,974 Posts

People, lets be real here:

1, there will never be a cheap version of iPhone. They already have them in the case of older models.

2, the screen is not getting any bigger. Apple prides itself on the screen being ergonomically designed to be able to reach your thumb across the entire theme.

3, iOS is crafted to work with specific hardware. Older models are difficult enough to adapt to, they certainly aren't going to add different sets of hardware.

4, apple will never cater to JB tweaks.

Apple is not google or Samsung, accept it or move on.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Donnutt (03-31-2013), joshlogic (03-29-2013), radioBirdman (03-29-2013), Silverado1987 (03-30-2013), Simon (03-29-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    Yeah man, I hear you. I was messing around with my sister's Galaxy S3 the other day for like an hour. When I was done, I picked my 4S up and was like damn, this thing is so tiny. I'm a creature of habit and I really like having a jailbroken phone but I yearn for a larger screen. I just don't know how I feel about Android yet. It kinda has a cheap feel to it. Hard to explain. There are several things I don't like about the S3. My god the screen is super sexy though.
    I feel ya. The app quality isn't on par with apple.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Where are all the lunatics spouting it'll be called the iPhone 7 ? They were fun when they thought the iPhone 5 would be called the iPhone 6.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

same design 4 years in a row? im getting tired of the look. I hope the nexus 5 gets announce soon. Apple isnt giving me a good enough reason to buy another iphone.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

oh wow!! great another iphone to be released and another one that is going to look the same like the last one.....wow!!! I can't wait.

it's time for a massive exodus.

I wonder what would happen if the next iphone looked like the HTC ONE with full 1080p screen and 441dpi and also a micro sd slot.......IF ONLY!! The clamor for it would be unmatched.

To me Htc One is the most beautiful phone ever made.
    Last edited by swifty7; 03-29-2013 at 07:13 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post

1, there will never be a cheap version of iPhone. They already have them in the case of older models.

2, the screen is not getting any bigger. Apple prides itself on the screen being ergonomically designed to be able to reach your thumb across the entire theme.

3, iOS is crafted to work with specific hardware. Older models are difficult enough to adapt to, they certainly aren't going to add different sets of hardware.

Amen!
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thunderwolf333 View Post
    welp I guess I'll wait until july now. I was going to get the tmobile iPhone 5 in april but whats the point if this will come out a few months later
    I was planning on doing the same thing. Not sure what I will do now.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

+1000

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Excellent. (Mister burns voice)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ridingsupreme View Post
    Personally I think they are more likely to release a cheap iPhone in the aforementioned dates before the 5S.

After the painful wait for a jb for the 5 I will be sure to wait for a jb for the 5S to upgrade. The lack of any real innovation has me hesitating on the thought to begin with. I love my i5, does everything I want as fast as I want. Now that speeds are where they should be its time for facial recognition, fingerprint unlocking, and selections without physically touching the screen. Siri needs to amp up its usefulness too.
    So what you are saying is you want it to have a bunch of gimmicky features like Android? Have you seen how dumb it is to hold your finger over the phone to make a selection? I will stick with my features that actually work.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Galaxy S4 with iOS 7 would be nice.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    The cake is a lie. This is what they said about the iPhone 5 last year and look what happened.. It comes out 4 months later after June.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Why release something that is just a minor update as all 's' versions have been. Why not take a leaf out of the samsung book and go for big improvement as in the Galaxy S4. Apple is slowly loosing the market lead and without some forward thinking the collapse will be rapid

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klip2006 View Post
    So what you are saying is you want it to have a bunch of gimmicky features like Android? Have you seen how dumb it is to hold your finger over the phone to make a selection? I will stick with my features that actually work.
    Gimmicky as they might be, in actuality the features work perfectly fine. Not all too practical though.

I just want a bigger iPhone. I'd return to Apple in an instant. The S4 is pretty whack IMO. All the hardware is neat, the screen is amazing. But there is nothing on the phone my Note II can't do. Sort of a lackluster release if you ask me. And, it's ugly.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djarkiz's Avatar
    Thanks

These sources are usually on the money, so I'm super happy =)
    Really Tired of iPhone 4.....

Thanks

I'm not thrilled about the 5S. That basically means it will look exactly the same. I like the 5 but it needs to be a little bit wider. If it had a wider screen, I'd probably stick with Apple. I'm torn between just keeping my 4S for a quite a bit longer or possibly grabbing the S4 some time this summer.
    +1

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah man, I hear you. I was messing around with my sister's Galaxy S3 the other day for like an hour. When I was done, I picked my 4S up and was like damn, this thing is so tiny. I'm a creature of habit and I really like having a jailbroken phone but I yearn for a larger screen. I just don't know how I feel about Android yet. It kinda has a cheap feel to it. Hard to explain. There are several things I don't like about the S3. My god the screen is super sexy though.
    I totally understand what you are describing. I cant tell you how many times I have talked my self out of getting a Samesong. I love my iPhone, but this screen has really had havoc on my eyes. If the next phone doesn't increase in size, i will have to make a tough decision.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It kinda has a cheap feel to it. Hard to explain.

The OS looks like the OS of a track phone.
    Explained!

Thanks

i believe there will almost certainly be a cheap version released this year - but I could be wrong.

They have already ruined the ergonomics. Hopefully they will go back to the 'proper' screen size.

They probably will ad new hardware features - again, I could be wrong.

On this, I agree.

On this, I agree.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.