+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Next Jailbreak May Come From iOS Hacker p0sixninja

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
iOS hacker Joshua Hill, better known as p0sixninja and for his efforts in previous jailbreak tools made by the Chronic Dev Team, has announced early Friday morning that the next
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default The Next Jailbreak May Come From iOS Hacker p0sixninja

iOS hacker Joshua Hill, better known as p0sixninja and for his efforts in previous jailbreak tools made by the Chronic Dev Team, has announced early Friday morning that the next jailbreak for iOS may be created by him in its entirety.

According to the hacker, he has been busy collecting several exploits over the course of the last few months that could potentially be used for a jailbreak. Hill isn’t specific when he mentions them, but since he says the “next” jailbreak could be created entirely by him, we assume that his exploits are not used in evasi0n and therefore haven’t yet been patched in iOS 6.1.3 like the evasi0n jailbreak has been.

Hill goes on to explain that the evad3rs hacker team isn’t going away. Hill simply appears to be confident enough in his own exploits and expresses that a jailbreak may be able to be produced with them some time in the future. It’s not known if Hill plans to use them for another future iOS 6 release, or if he is going to attempt to wait for iOS 7 to see if they will be of any help.

Whether he chooses to save them for iOS 7 or not, it's still good news to hear that more exploits are being found. We know for a fact that the evad3rs also have a stockpile of exploits and it should be interesting to see if any of them can be used for iOS 7, which we all hope will be followed by a speedy jailbreak release.

Sources: p0sixninja
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 03-28-2013 at 11:37 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (03-29-2013), D3@TH (03-29-2013), Karlanthonyuk (03-29-2013), King_O_Hill (03-28-2013), Lakerdawg63 (03-30-2013), Simon (03-29-2013), sp33downage (03-29-2013)

EVO
    Thanks

Wow this is surprising, yet splendid news!

Let's see where this leads to in the upcoming days/weeks/months....

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,400 Times in 6,003 Posts

This is good news!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just like the lock screen contacts glitch, no matter how many times Apple patches the exploits, more will always be found

Thanks

Sweet!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

He may as well get it done now. There's no guarantee they'll be iOS7.

Thanks

I think they should be saved for iOS7 no need to waist anymore on iOS6
    D3@TH's Creations
    Where Dreams Come True!
    Visit us
    Private Repo

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to D3@TH For This Useful Post:

novadam (03-29-2013), vinaygoel2000 (03-29-2013), wasserinc (04-03-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,400 Times in 6,003 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by claustin View Post
    He may as well get it done now. There's no guarantee they'll be iOS7.
    Really?

There's already an unreleased alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by D3@TH View Post
    I'm good with that!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

This is good news thank you love the dev team

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope both Hill and Evasi0n save all their exploits until either 6.2 or 7 so that they aren't wasted for a minor bug update that will be patched again shortly with 6.1.4 most likely. But they both should keep up the good work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default We need a re-restore option.
    Best course of action would be to release a re-restore option like we had for iOS 5 and keep the exploits for iOS 7. But if they can't find an option to allow restoring -- the jailbreaks will continue to decrease by the 1000's daily, because people like to try new tweaks and we-all-know how well those tweaks mesh together.
    Last edited by bradmullins007; 03-29-2013 at 01:19 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Great news, hope he waits till IOS 7, it would b a waste to use it now on IOS 6

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D3@TH View Post
    What about the people on iPhone 5 who have to restore because their jailbreaks screwed up? Or the people who get a brand new iPhone 5/ get one replaced. They'll most likely come with 6.1.3 and won't be jailbreakable. I think there should be some effort always making a jailbreak for current versions of iOS. People need to start thinking beyond they're needs and understand other people's problems in that regard. On a different note, keep stock piling security holes for future iOS's.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    What about the people on iPhone 5 who have to restore because their jailbreaks screwed up? Or the people who get a brand new iPhone 5/ get one replaced. They'll most likely come with 6.1.3 and won't be jailbreakable. I think there should be some effort always making a jailbreak for current versions of iOS. People need to start thinking beyond they're needs and understand other people's problems in that regard. On a different note, keep stock piling security holes for future iOS's.
    You make a point BUT, these devs bust their a55 to release these jb so why in the hell would they waste perfectly good exploits on say 6.1.3. If they were to use the exploits they have then when a bigger update drops who is to say they will be able to find exploits fast enough (before the next fw is dropped). Look how long it took to get an untethered jb for iOS 6. It would be great to see Jb's on every FW but its just not possible. It's not like there is a huge and well funded company out there with an endless supply of devs (like apple) working on these. It's a few highly motivated and intelligent few. Be grateful you have one at all.

What we need is a restore/downgrade option like on iOS 5 (for A5 + chipsets).

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PoEtikly For This Useful Post:

D3@TH (04-03-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    So what? That's all part of the cat and mouse game. There is more to life than a phone. Maybe these disenfranchised people will discover a world outside of their front door until ios7 comes out.
    Hmm...

Thanks

I'm already on iOS 7.... I wanna jailbreak now!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    This is good news!
    I seconded that this is really great news keep up the good work guys .

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Upgrades and changes are a way with Apple and the developers. I really hope they are saved for 7.
    Yes people will get new iPhones or iPads with 6.1.3, but the option which I just chose was to buy an
    older, pre-owned IPad on Ebay. I was able to save money and not have to deal with Best buy, a win win.

Look there, ask questions (don't buy from someone who doesn't answer, find the is and buy it that way.

The masses will never be happy and will always complain, even if it came installed! But a roll back would
    Be sweet when chip thing is figured out

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 779 Posts

Re-Restore Option - YES
    6.1.3 Jailbreak - NO
    Wait for iOS 7 - IDK

iOS 7 is 6 months away from being released. I'd rather see Apple update to 6.2 and then these peeps jailbreak 6.2 instead of waiting till mid-Sept.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Sage I (03-29-2013)

Thanks

If he does release one on his own he won't have to share any donations with anyone 😜 One more jailbreak before ios7 would be nice, restore/downgrade option would be sweet too though... Whatever happens, I'm grateful to have had a constant set of jailbreaks since 3.1.3... Thanks devs for all the time and energy in the exploit game...