+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Next Jailbreak May Come From iOS Hacker p0sixninja

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by PoEtikly You make a point BUT, these devs bust their a55 to release these jb so why in the hell would they waste perfectly good exploits on
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    You make a point BUT, these devs bust their a55 to release these jb so why in the hell would they waste perfectly good exploits on say 6.1.3. If they were to use the exploits they have then when a bigger update drops who is to say they will be able to find exploits fast enough (before the next fw is dropped). Look how long it took to get an untethered jb for iOS 6. It would be great to see Jb's on every FW but its just not possible. It's not like there is a huge and well funded company out there with an endless supply of devs (like apple) working on these. It's a few highly motivated and intelligent few. Be grateful you have one at all.

What we need is a restore/downgrade option like on iOS 5 (for A5 + chipsets).
    There is going to be a lot of new people getting the new iPhone with T-Mobile, including me, so I'm pretty sure we would appreciate the jailbreak.

Thanks

Great news!

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Re-Restore Option - YES
    6.1.3 Jailbreak - NO
    Wait for iOS 7 - IDK

iOS 7 is 6 months away from being released. I'd rather see Apple update to 6.2 and then these peeps jailbreak 6.2 instead of waiting till mid-Sept.
    What makes you say that ios7 is 6 months away? What if apple releases the new iPhone in June with ios7 and jailbreak is released in 24 hours. That would be sweet.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,777 Times in 838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    What makes you say that ios7 is 6 months away? What if apple releases the new iPhone in June with ios7 and jailbreak is released in 24 hours. That would be sweet.
    It's possible but, unfortunately, I feel like we'll be having another Sept/Oct release of the iPhone 5S. So, iOS 7 won't drop until then.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Re-Restore Option - YES
    6.1.3 Jailbreak - NO
    Wait for iOS 7 - IDK

iOS 7 is 6 months away from being released. I'd rather see Apple update to 6.2 and then these peeps jailbreak 6.2 instead of waiting till mid-Sept.
    I don't believe the re-restore option works in iOS 6, I believe that's why it was only from iOS 5.X to iOS 5.X
    Correct me if I'm wrong though

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I saw this post late last night on tweetbot, Anyway.. It is good to see hill finding exploits, as well for the same for evaders with there "stockpile" of exploits. Do I think Hill should wait until IOS7?! In a way yes, then we wouldn't need to wait as long as we did with IOS 6. I believe if IOS7 were to be unteathered a few weeks to a month after release It would be a GREAT benefit for Jail breakers/Cydia due to how "some stuff" is new being made others well... are the same thing just by different people. So in other words I think It will Brighter the JB Community!

Do I also thing another release of 6.x.x should be released. Yes, Anytime soon?! NO!

If anything 6.2-ish -- There is no NEED to use "their" exploits for a stupid map update, siri.. ect... To me that is 1. stupid. 2. a waist of time! 3. FOOLISHNESS!

We will be told of a new I Phone, and IOS7 soon enough.. So I say JUST WAIT!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mrwilson1992 For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (03-29-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    You make a point BUT, these devs bust their a55 to release these jb so why in the hell would they waste perfectly good exploits on say 6.1.3. If they were to use the exploits they have then when a bigger update drops who is to say they will be able to find exploits fast enough (before the next fw is dropped). Look how long it took to get an untethered jb for iOS 6. It would be great to see Jb's on every FW but its just not possible. It's not like there is a huge and well funded company out there with an endless supply of devs (like apple) working on these. It's a few highly motivated and intelligent few. Be grateful you have one at all.

What we need is a restore/downgrade option like on iOS 5 (for A5 + chipsets).
    You're right! It would be nice to eventually have a downgrade option like the 4 and 3GS do. It would eventually be nice to have a permanent tethered jailbreak for the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5. I know that'll come down the road because they'll have to find problems in the boot rom.

Thanks
    So when apple release IOS 7 that is the question !
    i think So JUST WAIT!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    I don't believe the re-restore option works in iOS 6, I believe that's why it was only from iOS 5.X to iOS 5.X
    Correct me if I'm wrong though
    You are correct.

Myself (& others) are just hoping they'll be able to create a re-restore for iOS 6.x in case our device takes a wrong turn and crashes.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

It's possible but, unfortunately, I feel like we'll be having another Sept/Oct release of the iPhone 5S. So, iOS 7 won't drop until then.
    http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/03...-at-wwdc-2013/

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jeffwo's Avatar
    Thanks

pox.jpg
    P0sixninja Will Hold Back His Jailbreak Exploits for iOS 7
    iClarified - Apple News - P0sixninja Will Hold Back His Jailbreak Exploits for iOS 7

P0sixninja has revealed that he will not be using his jailbreak exploits to release a jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3; rather, he will be holding them back for iOS 7 or iOS 7.1.

Yesterday, the hacker tweeted that the 'the next jailbreak might be created entirely by me' saying that he had discovered all the needed exploits over the past few months.

Commenting to iDesignTimes, p0sixninja says that he will definitely not release for iOS 6.x.

"I will at least wait for 7.0, if not even 7.1"

To that he added:

"I've ... been working on it [a while]. Some of them [vulnerabilities] were ideas I had years ago, but everyone said I was crazy, and I've just started looking into them more and realizing I was right..."

Attachment 628481
    Last edited by Jeffwo; 03-30-2013 at 07:10 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeffwo For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-30-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,829 Times in 6,148 Posts

Sounds like a good plan to me!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (03-30-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Last year, we saw the same rumor regarding the iPhone 5 AND we even heard Tim Cook say he'd like to return to a July release but it was still unveiled in Sept.

Therefore, I'm still thinking a Fall release...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I think they should wait until 6.2 for a jailbreak. Most apps work with just 6.0 and only a handful need 6.1. I don't think any apps require any firmware higher than 6.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Does anyone think we'll get a re-restore option for IOS 6? I think it looks a bit bleak, personally.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,829 Times in 6,148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JPili View Post
    I think they should wait until 6.2 for a jailbreak. Most apps work with just 6.0 and only a handful need 6.1. I don't think any apps require any firmware higher than 6.1
    That's just a waste of exploits. Finding a way to restore 6.1.2 would be better!

Waiting until iOS 7 makes the most sense.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JPili View Post
    No indication that there will ever be a 6.2. iOS 5 stopped at 5.1.1.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffwo View Post
    Attachment 628481

iClarified - Apple News - P0sixninja Will Hold Back His Jailbreak Exploits for iOS 7

P0sixninja has revealed that he will not be using his jailbreak exploits to release a jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3; rather, he will be holding them back for iOS 7 or iOS 7.1.

Yesterday, the hacker tweeted that the 'the next jailbreak might be created entirely by me' saying that he had discovered all the needed exploits over the past few months.

Commenting to iDesignTimes, p0sixninja says that he will definitely not release for iOS 6.x.

"I will at least wait for 7.0, if not even 7.1"

To that he added:

"I've ... been working on it [a while]. Some of them [vulnerabilities] were ideas I had years ago, but everyone said I was crazy, and I've just started looking into them more and realizing I was right..."

Attachment 628481
    Thank god someone is smart (p0sixninja).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    Wow this is surprising, yet splendid news!

Let's see where this leads to in the upcoming days/weeks/months....

iPhone? More like MyPhone djarkiz's Avatar
    Thanks

Wooooohooooo =)