Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Use 'AlarmDisplay Pro' for All Your iOS Alarm Needs

Default Use 'AlarmDisplay Pro' for All Your iOS Alarm Needs

Those of you looking to enhance the iOS alarm experience may want to check out a new jailbreak tweak called AlarmDisplay Pro by iOS developer GSquared. AlarmDisplay Pro does two major things:

• Display a customized badge on the Clock application for showing alarm information
    • Create an alarm from anywhere using Activator

Taking a look at the Clock application badge feature, as shown above, the tweak gives the user the ability to customize the Clock application so that it shows a badge depending on how the user prefers to see the alarm information. Users get to choose between having the badge show the total amount of alarms, the amount of active alarms, the time of the next alarm (either in 12 or 24-hour format), or not having a badge at all. All of these options are configured from the Settings application under the AlarmDisplay Pro preferences pane:

In addition, users can select an Activator action that can be used to set an alarm from anywhere. When the user invokes the Activator action that they choose, they will get the following interface, allowing them to set an alarm:

The user can use the rolling selector to find the time that they want to set an alarm for, and tapping on the sound button at the bottom lets the user choose an alarm tone that they want the iOS device to sound when the alarm needs to go off.

AlarmDisplay Pro is currently on sale for an introductory price of 99 and it's compatible with any iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad running iOS 6. You'll find it in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now!

Name: AlarmDisplay Pro
    Price: 99 (limited time)
    Version: 1.0-7
    Requirements: iOS 6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: GSquared
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

Hey all! Before it is mentioned in the comments, I figured I would give you a heads up...working on a fix for an alarm going off and the badge not updating/setting new one via activator and badge not updating. Also working on an Alarm Management Activator action as well. Hopefully you will see these things in a coming update soon!

does this play nice with wake info?

At last I can see what time I set my alarm for without having to open the app

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    does this play nice with wake info?
    I would assume so, it doesn't mess with any Alarm Triggers at all, just reads them.

Also, an update for everyone: just submitted an update for this that fixes the badge not being set correctly after an alarm or when one is set using the custom screen. Also improved logic to detect the next active alarm (it was failing in some cases -- shouldn't now).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GSquared For This Useful Post:

novadam (03-29-2013)

yep they work fine together. just bought it. it's great, thanks!

ok, issue:

set alarm, badge works. open a different app and then close that app, and badge disappears. Then I have to open the clock app to activate the badge again. here's a vid of the issue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugy-G...=youtube_gdata
    Last edited by novadam; 03-29-2013 at 06:37 PM.

ok, issue:

set alarm, badge works. open a different app and then close that app, and badge disappears. Then I have to open the clock app to activate the badge again. here's a vid of the issue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugy-G...=youtube_gdata
    That's what I'm having as well

My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Thanks

ok, issue:

vid - YouTube
    Same here. Alarm badges always disappear when opening another app or closing phone. The only reason I bought this app is so I can see what alarm is set. Disappointed. I hope there will be a fix very soon.

My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GSquared View Post
    Hey all! Before it is mentioned in the comments, I figured I would give you a heads up...working on a fix for an alarm going off and the badge not updating/setting new one via activator and badge not updating. Also working on an Alarm Management Activator action as well. Hopefully you will see these things in a coming update soon!
    Hey there I really love this app. But I still have the problem of all badges disappearing when I lock the phone or go into another app. Are you going to fix this problem. I know an update was released but there is still the problem. I am not the only one having this problem. Is there any apps that may cause the badge to disappear or your app won't work with. Can you please help me out.

There are plenty that would probably interfere, I don't own any of them so I was not able to go through and test them all. I would assume anything that hooks badge adding or deleting would have some effect. Literally none of my devices do this on any firmware tested. I'm assuming it would be an interfering tweak of some sort...

Any tweak that you all have that is common and modifies badges? I can't duplicate this at all. :/