Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A New App Switcher Concept From the Designer of Auxo is Born - it Looks Great!

Default A New App Switcher Concept From the Designer of Auxo is Born - it Looks Great!

The designer of Auxo (Sentry_NC) is at it again with yet another App Switcher concept. This new concept calls for the user to drag up from the bottom of the display, similarly to how users do already with Zephyr, to reveal a new card switcher-like interface that allows the user to switch between applications by simply dragging their finger sideways on the application icons at the bottom of the display.

You can check out a video demonstration of the new App Switcher concept below:

For a mobile friendly video link that works with our app, tap on the video link below:

YouTube Link

In the App Switcher, the background uses Apple’s signature linen background, and the application icons slide up or back down depending on their focus under the user’s finger as the user slides their finger right or left. As the icons move, so do the screenshots.

The App Switcher concept uses screenshots of the applications running in the background to help the user identify what the applications are similarly to how Auxo displays the screenshots of the applications that are suspended in the background. At the same time, labels for the applications appear above the screenshots.

When the user lifts their finger up from the display after dragging their finger left or right to switch between applications, the application that the user lands on is the application that the iOS device opens.

The App Switcher concept definitely has a nice implantation and everything looks like eye candy as usual, but the most important part here is that it appears to keep everything super simple and this means using less of the user’s time to perform tasks.

Would you like to have this App Switching method be a part of your iOS device in the future?

Sources: The Verge via Sentry_NC
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 03-27-2013 at 09:35 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

2k1 (03-27-2013), DA_GHOST (03-28-2013), The_13th_Plague (03-28-2013), zplit (03-27-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Very cool looking I like it

The concepts created always look good.

+1

Thanks
    Thanked 15,464 Times in 7,082 Posts

Very nice. Beauty of the palm OS style with simplicity of iOS way.

Looks great when is it going to be available.

I like it. Apple should offer this guy a job!

I could see this app having a lot of potential as long as they can get the CPU problems out of the way. This app seems like it would require quite a bit of CPU and could crash the springboard a lot. I hope it pans out. This would be awesome to show off!

If I could get auxo to run without crashing my iphone to repspring at least once a day, I'd think about another app switcher from them.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStorm View Post
    If I could get auxo to run without crashing my iphone to repspring at least once a day, I'd think about another app switcher from them.
    The designer is only a designer. He didn't do any of the coding behind Auxo. He teamed up with an iOS developer to get his idea made. So you can't compare this to Auxo in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    I could see this app having a lot of potential as long as they can get the CPU problems out of the way. This app seems like it would require quite a bit of CPU and could crash the springboard a lot. I hope it pans out. This would be awesome to show off!
    I don't see this being intensive on the CPU if it's done correctly, nor do I see it crashing any SpringBoards if the right developer is chosen to write the code. The worst thing I see happening is tweak conflicts and this is something that can almost always be worked out.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 03-27-2013 at 10:52 PM.

Odd... Auxo doesn't cause any instability on my iphone 5.

I would love this, but he must choose a VERY talented/experienced developer if he chooses to make this a reality, you could run this on a iPhone 4 perfectly, if coded correctly, but if not it could easily have problems running on the 5, even with the amazing processor, if the code isn't written well, almost virtually anything could take down any processor.

so far Auxo has been running great on my 4s.

Quote Originally Posted by Fofer View Post
    Odd... Auxo doesn't cause any instability on my iphone 5.
    Yea my iPod Touch crashes a lot with Auxo. That could be Pod Switcher though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Looks hot! Wish Auxo was compatible with the iPad mini but its not still but I would love it if this would be available for the mini I would def purchase it! There aren't many tweaks or mods compatible for the mini and that's unfortunate considering we would all like to have a piece of the pie as well!!! These guys are great!!!!

Sentry needs to work for apple. Now that I have that out of the way, I would absolutely LOVE to see this as an update to Auxo or at a discount for people who bought Auxo. It's so much cleaner and nicer.

To the guy who has crashing problems. Try the latest update of the beta. I was having those problem too.

Quote Originally Posted by lilrican21 View Post
    To the guy who has crashing problems. Try the latest update of the beta. I was having those problem too.
    Yeah. I did the same and haven't had as much of a problem. I still do, just not almost every 10 times I open it. Now it's like 20-25. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    Yeah. I did the same and haven't had as much of a problem. I still do, just not almost every 10 times I open it. Now it's like 20-25. Haha.
    Well I'm on 4s and ever since I had crashing problems till now. I just sent them a list of my tweaks I had and some how they fixed it. Idk how but they just did lol.

Edit just crashed on me when I was listening to music. Something with Auxo and music app are not getting along.
    Last edited by lilrican21; 03-28-2013 at 06:41 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me The 8th Immortal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,419 Times in 451 Posts

It's not Auxo itself. It's a compatibility issue. There's a conflict between Auxo and another/other tweak(s) you're running.
    SIGPIC SIGPIC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast