Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Earth LivePaper' is Yet Another Impressive LivePaper

Default 'Earth LivePaper' is Yet Another Impressive LivePaper

Just last month, we gave you a look at the new LivePapers application, which allows you to set live OpenGL wallpapers for your home screen and lock screen, rather than a boring image. The advantage of live OpenGL wallpapers over video wallpapers is that OpenGL wallpapers are pieces of software that can be configured to your liking, and unlike videos, they won’t loop over and over and they can respond to your touch!

Until today, there have been two different LivePapers to choose from – Nexus and Bubbles Pro. Today, another LivePaper joins the list of LivePapers to choose from in the Cydia Store called Earth LivePaper. The OpenGL-based wallpaper is by the same developer that brought us the rest of the LivePaper options, known as Porkholt Labs. You can see what the Earth LivePaper looks like above.

The Earth LivePaper actually rotates on its own, however you can rotate it even faster by swiping with your finger. This works on both the lock screen and the home screen. The Earth LivePaper, once downloaded and installed from Cydia, can be enabled or disabled for the lock screen or home screen via the LivePapers application:

By tapping on the Configure button at the top right of the application, the user can access tons of options to configure how the Earth LivePaper will act. The options for the Earth LivePaper are shown below:

The preferences include positioning options, rolling and pitching options, rotation speed options, time of day options, color options, background options, frames per second options, and much more. Users can tap the reset to defaults button at the bottom of the preferences to set all of the options back to the defaults.

The graphical appearance of the Earth LivePaper is great. It looks very high quality, and at the same time, the interactivity is a nice touch. Anyone looking for a nice wallpaper replacement that not only looks cool, but also moves and interacts to touch should check out the Earth LivePaper!

Name: Earth LivePaper
    Price: $1.99
    Requirements: iOS 5.1.1+, LivePapers
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Porkholt Labs!
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (03-27-2013)

That is really cool!

Quote Originally Posted by bisayakid07 View Post
    Got it
    How is it

Quote Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
    How is it
    Love it

I like LivePapers, it runs and looks good, but there's no way to disable it unless you uninstall it, which is terribly inconvenient.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I wish they made it so it was a live world Earth .. instead of just a globe going round and round.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe in 20 years or so, digzz...

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I like LivePapers, it runs and looks good, but there's no way to disable it unless you uninstall it, which is terribly inconvenient.
    By "disable it" you mean use a regular wallpaper? Just set the wallpaper you want as you would normally do in Settings and then go in LivePapers and select it from the list. You can then change it again in Settings and it's going to update itself as usual.

I've been messing with this for a while now. Very cool. I've been setting my own background so it looks like the sun is barely seen over the horizon. So cool! The amount of adjustments you can make is just unreal!

Hey I'm just glad that devs are making more LivePapers... I hope this takes off because I'll buy them all! I love the bevy of customizations you have with each one, allowing you to create a personalized experience. I need an aqua one like on android with the swimming fish that interact with your touch, lol

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Breezy215 For This Useful Post:

GrumpySod (03-27-2013)

http://youtu.be/fXAeAVLHYN0

Watched this youtube video of this livepaper before I bought it...it's not in English... But does anyone recognize this ics lockscreen slider...can't seem to find it in cydia.

Battery Killer?

Quote Originally Posted by dajanksta View Post
    Battery Killer?
    I have only noticed a slight increase in battery drain although that could be because I'm messing with the Livepapers so much.

Quote Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
    How is it
    It is pretty cool but I hope it is updated with the ability to rotate the earth in any direction you spin it instead of just around 1 axis.

Quote Originally Posted by Brivent View Post
    News Cydia- Earth LivePaper - YouTube

Watched this youtube video of this livepaper before I bought it...it's not in English... But does anyone recognize this ics lockscreen slider...can't seem to find it in cydia.
    I can't find it either. That is pretty cool though.

http://youtu.be/fOqmboOo_vo

Found it-it's called jellylock...nice tweak...works well with androidlock xt so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    You can set your default wallpaper from the LivePapers app

wish it was a $1 like the others

Quote Originally Posted by Brivent View Post
    JELLY BEAN LOCK SCREEN SLIDER FOR YOUR IOS 6 IPHONE IPOD IPAD - YouTube

Found it-it's called jellylock...nice tweak...works well with androidlock xt so far.
    I like it but I'll probably stick with locksliders because I like having quick access to my flash, calculator and sound hound all from the lock screen. I wish you could set toggles for moving up and down for that theme.

seems to be using A LOT of memory. anyone else?