Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Flipboard 2.0 Released - Allows You to Create Your Own Magazines

Thanks

Default Flipboard 2.0 Released - Allows You to Create Your Own Magazines

The popular news app, Flipboard, was recently updated to 2.0 and introduces the ability to make your own magazines. The new magazines consist of content that you find and collect on Flipboard or the web (with a bookmarklet). After they are made, the magazines are public and your friends can like and comment on your stories. According to Flipboard:

Tapping the [+] will "flip" the item you’re looking at into your very own Flipboard magazine. Magazines are great for collecting the things you discover and they can be shared publicly or kept private just for you. For example, you can create a beautiful magazine full of all the places you want to explore or all the books you want to read.
    After creating your magazine, you can share it to your favorite social networks to ask your friends to subscribe. The one downside to the whole ordeal is that magazines can only be viewed with the Flipboard app, so if someone you know clicks your link from a computer, they won’t be able to see the content of your magazine – instead they’ll just get an invitation to get the app.

For those of you who are familiar with Pinterest, you might find quite a bit of similarities with the social network and Flipboard’s new style. Instead of boards, users have magazines but the concept seems to be quite similar.

Flipboard 2.0 weighs in at 9.7 MB and can be downloaded for free for those of you who are interested in trying it. Those of you who have tried the app, what do you think of the new update? Share your thoughts below!

Source: iTunes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

This is a pretty cool app I like it. Nice update as well

Thanks

I think it's good and I've loved flipboard since day of release. The problem is I couldn't delete a story that I added to my magazine

Default Flipboard - i just dont get how you know what yo've read?
    Flipboard looks great and my google feeds are safe and ok BUT how do i know what is read after a flip
    i dont get it? With Google reader you could set it up to show what was read

All my feeds are sat there but i have no way of knowing what is new
    I cant get my head around how Flipboard can tell me what is new since my last visit?

Any help?