Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Badge Customizer' Gives You All Kinds of Notification Badge Customization Options

Default 'Badge Customizer' Gives You All Kinds of Notification Badge Customization Options

Those of you that are into customizing all aspects of iOS will enjoy a new free jailbreak tweak called Badge Customizer by iOS developer merdok.

Badge Customizer is a tweak that gives the user the ability to adjust the appearance of all badge notifications on the home screen. The customization options are extensive, offering features like color changing, re-sizing, location adjustment, and more. In fact, those familiar with a similar tweak called Boover will find that Badge Customizer comes with several more user-friendly options:

First and foremost, users can easily enable and disable the tweak on the fly. Users will find an option to adjust the badge color, which is done via RGB sliders. Under the coloring options, users can also adjust the transparency of badges so that they’re either solid or see-through. Users will also be able to choose a blending mode to make their badges come to life.

After coloring is chosen, users can choose the size of the notification badge, and also the position of the notification badge on the application icons. Positioning can be set for any of the four corners of the application icon, or via the top or bottom middle of the application icon.

Badge Customizer is great for anyone trying to make their application badges look just a bit different than stock, or for those trying to make badges look nicer with certain themes. The tweak is free in Cydia right now if you want to give it a try, just remember to respring the device using the respring button in the preferences pane each time you adjust any options for your notification badges because for your settings to take effect, you will have to respring.

Name: Badge Customizer
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.0-2
    Requirements: iOS 6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: merdok
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

zplit (03-26-2013)

yep, this is just what i was looking for!

It would be better if there was a preview option for the color and an option to center the badge. I'll stick with boover for now.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryaninfg For This Useful Post:

zplit (03-26-2013)

Goover does a much better job when it comes to move icons where ever u want.
    Instagram: zplit
    Twitter: zplit

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is there any benefits over Boover? Seems like this one doesn't offer the ability to move the badge around as freely as Boover does with it's pixel precision offset for both the X and Y axis.

Quote Originally Posted by PentaMedia View Post
    Is there any benefits over Boover? Seems like this one doesn't offer the ability to move the badge around as freely as Boover does with it's pixel precision offset for both the X and Y axis.
    Basically, this tweak is stronger in the color customization aspect. Boover appears to be stronger in the location customization aspect.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

zplit (03-26-2013)

Ya great idea but I'm not to happy about respringing my phone just to check if I got the colour I wanted then NOPE gotta do it again. PREVIEW PEOPLE PREVIEW.
    I think I'm going to take it off my phone till an update has happened. Few simple things really are missing.
    To bad I really wanted to use this.

TO THE DEVELOPER:
    For Wake Info could you please add to the info what to put in to get the real Weather Date and Time. Most are not developers and need to know what to put in the line for it to really work. Thanks :-)
    (Keep having the Great Ideas!!)

Thanks

Just Got this Tweak is Pretty Cool, I like to change the colors so & make them what I want.

me too i wanted badge icons to be green and cooler to the eyes infact i want something like this for the icons also , so that i can change the red ones to something cooler

Preview would be nice...also, anyone know the color settings to get a see-through badge?

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

The only thing it needs is, an area in the settings to show you the actual color that you are choosing with changing the settings, right now you change it guessing what color is going to be and respring everytime you change something to see that color.

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    The only thing it needs is, an area in the settings to show you the actual color that you are choosing with changing the settings, right now you change it guessing what color is going to be and respring everytime you change something to see that color.
    http://www.tayloredmktg.com/rgb/

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Good now, the developer added the change color preview option with the last update, very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    Good now, the developer added the change color preview option with the last update, very cool.
    Nice!