+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 Comes to T-Mobile April 12

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by crouching So if there is no contract then can't I just purchase the phone out right from tmobile and use it on a pre-paid plan? Yup.
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,665 Times in 5,930 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crouching View Post
    So if there is no contract then can't I just purchase the phone out right from tmobile and use it on a pre-paid plan?
    Yup.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So if there is no contract then can't I just purchase the phone out right from tmobile and use it on a pre-paid plan?
    I don't know why you would want to, but techincally you are right but for 50.00 you get unlimited everything with 500mb on 4g or pay 70 and get truly unlimited everything

Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
    The iphone will be locked until you are finished paying it off.

T-Mobile handsets will remain network locked, can be freed when the device is yours
    If it is that important just pay it off early and have it unlocked.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nerdherder View Post
    So just unlock it. I unlocked mine for $8 online, just because it's technically illegal doesnt mean they will come after you. As long as you dont unlock it to jump ship prematurely you'll be fine.
    Hmm, is it technically illegal to unlock with imei unlocks? I think the dmca only restricts modifications to the baseband by the user (such as ultrasn0w) but official unlocks are fine even if not done by the carrier. I don't know this though, someone want to clarify?

Thanks

With the millions of phones that will be sold..im hoping the 6.1.3 JB will be soon after launch, even though previous articles advise the contrary. I see a lot of users getting this phone for its price point and flexibility. Not a bad deal at all..come on April 12th :]

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    With the millions of phones that will be sold..im hoping the 6.1.3 JB will be soon after launch, even though previous articles advise the contrary. I see a lot of users getting this phone for its price point and flexibility. Not a bad deal at all..come on April 12th :]
    Won't happen, the devs said they do not plan on releasing/working on another jailbreaking until the next major iOS release

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I think I'll buy it, keep using my 4 and wait for the jailbreak. once the jb hits then I'll probably give the 4 to my mom or sell it.

what about you all, are you going to wait for the jb or just buy it anyway?

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thunderwolf333 View Post
    Finallllyyyyy!! But will it be jailbreakable? Do you guys think it will come with 6.1.2 or 6.1.3??
    It will totally come with 6.1.3

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i think there's an error in the article here, other websites are saying $99 down with 24 payments of $20, not 20 payments of $20. unless they are talking about the 32gb version but I doubt that would only be an $80 difference.

Green Apple
    Thanks

T-Mobile still sucks as a carrier, great plans but ****** service!!! Thats why i went to ATT

Green Apple
    Thanks

From an article on MSNBC
    The iPhone 5 will be available to T-Mobile customers for $100 down, plus monthly payments of $20 for 24 months. There is no annual contract. "If we suck this month, drop us," Legere said, emphasizing the benefit of such an arrangement. If you leave T-Mobile before the end of the 24 months, you can either return the device "for a fair market value" or you can continue making payments to T-Mobile (and use the phone on another carrier).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sstroud For This Useful Post:

szr (03-26-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ecofrankenstein's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ^^^ Ditto, I have the same plan, grandfathered in (since they were Voicestream many years ago) at $19.99 a month for unlimited everything, no throttling, truly unlimited. And one of the best things for me is that here in Phoenix they have turned on 4G and LTE today, yippee. Finally...
    How did you get such a sweet plan? Details, please.

*T*
    Thanks

I really don't even know why tmobile has always been such a big deal.

Btw, kudos to the author for a clear title, I didn't even have to read the article.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Here's the major player for t-mobile (read on gizmodo, makes perfect sense.)
    iPhone 5 speeds on Verizon/AT&T LTE 20-50 mb/s roughly on average(dependent on location) if you lose LTE connection, on AT&T you go to 4G HSPA with roughly 2-5 mb/s download, Verizon is 3G with 1-4 mb/s roughly. HUGE speed drop. From blazing fast to sometimes not being able to stream YouTube.

Now here t-mobile

LTE (while still brand new they are launching officially today in 7 cities) average 20-40 mb/s download, when you lose LTE (because it is so new, you most likely don't have it) you go to there HSPA+ network, (plus is the difference from AT&T and t mobile HSPA) they have been perfecting there 4G for years, I've seen there speed tests p HSPA+ range from 20-40 and that's not LTE so even when not on LTE you still have blazing fast 4G speeds, so there "backup" network is incredibly fast while AT&T and Verizon's is not, that could be a game changer, having fast speeds almost everywhere you have connection.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to fanboyfanboy For This Useful Post:

ecofrankenstein (03-27-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thunderwolf333 View Post
    Finallllyyyyy!! But will it be jailbreakable? Do you guys think it will come with 6.1.2 or 6.1.3??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    That is pretty stupid on T-Mo's part. I'm a infrequent traveler and would've like to use my iPhone in India while I'm there for 15 days within my 2 year contract period.
    Well that's better than what AT&T and Verizon have. You can't unlock your device until you're contract is up, so you have to wait at least 2 years before your device can be unlocked. You can simply pay for your phone upfront at T-Mobile and it will be unlocked.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ThatOneProfile's Avatar
    Thanks

In theory yes, it seems cheaper to go ahead and buy the phone from tmobile. $99 cheaper.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ghulamsameer View Post
    Well that's better than what AT&T and Verizon have. You can't unlock your device until you're contract is up, so you have to wait at least 2 years before your device can be unlocked. You can simply pay for your phone upfront at T-Mobile and it will be unlocked.
    If I had to pay for my phone upfront, I'd just get it unlocked from apple. Why would I go to tmo.

Something doesn't make sense. How can tmo offer iPhone 5 for less than apple?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

That is pretty stupid on T-Mo's part. I'm a infrequent traveler and would've like to use my iPhone in India while I'm there for 15 days within my 2 year contract period.
    The official policy has been that they will not unlock the phone until your contract is up, but they have always been very nice about making exceptions for those traveling internationally. I would hope that the new policy will follow suit, they simply don't want you running to another carrier with a phone that you are still paying for.

BTW, those who have the $19.99 unlimited everything plan, all I can say is you have a great deal.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ThatOneProfile's Avatar
    Thanks

If I had to pay for my phone upfront, I'd just get it unlocked from apple. Why would I go to tmo.

Something doesn't make sense. How can tmo offer iPhone 5 for less than apple?
    It is a "T-Mobile" iPhone. With that said, the factory unlocked iPhone may or may not have the necessary LTE bands for tmobile specifically. They can make it cheaper because you are subscribed to their plan. They make their money back that way.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

"You basically start with a $50/month unlimited data plan and go from there. T-Mobile will throttle you after 500MB unless you give them $10 or $20 more a month which gives you 2GB or unlimited before unthrottling. Family plans are $30 for the first extra device and $10 for each one thereafter."

No thank you.