+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Chevy Promotes Siri Eyes Free Integration in New Commercial

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
In just over a month after the release of its first models with built-in Siri became available, Chevrolet has begun boasting about its compatibility with Apple’s digital assistant in a
    Thanks

Default Chevy Promotes Siri Eyes Free Integration in New Commercial

In just over a month after the release of its first models with built-in Siri became available, Chevrolet has begun boasting about its compatibility with Apple’s digital assistant in a new ad campaign featuring the iOS eyes free feature. The 30-second spot shows a white Chevrolet Sonic being driven around a virtually all-white space, the driver interacting with Siri by pressing a steering wheel-mounted button that activates the iOS digital assistant.

Chevy’s Sonic integrates with Apple’s Siri by using Chevrolet MyLink, an infotainment system that brings a user’s smartphone capabilities into alignment with the vehicle. With both Siri and MyLink working together, users can make voice-activated, hands-free calls to iPhone contacts, play songs from their iTunes libraries, listen to and compose texts and iMessages and access Calendar functions easily.

For those of you who didn’t know, Chevy is the first automaker to bring Siri Eyes Free integration to the market. Along with the Sonic, Chevy is also rolling out the Spark, which is another model with built Siri. Both cars will feature the steering wheel button that activates Siri, allowing users to interact with an iPhone without looking down to see responses. In addition to Chevy, nine other automakers have pledged to integrate Siri Eyes Free functionality into some of their models. These include established manufacturers such as BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Land Rover, Toyota, Jaguar, Audi and Honda.

Those of you who are interested in watching the video can do so below:

Are any of you interested in using the feature in your car? Share any thoughts and opinions below!

Source: Chevrolet via MacRumors

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Can't I do this with Bluetooth in any car that had it. So they just added a button? Kinda lame.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MgNate View Post
    Can't I do this with Bluetooth in any car that had it. So they just added a button? Kinda lame.
    Don't think so unless you activate Siri on your phone manually while connected to BT.

Thanks

Damn, I'm a Ford guy........argh.....I'm a Apple guy........darn you Chevy......I may be looking into this further.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MgNate View Post
    Yea you can. At least I can. 2011 Chevy Malibu and when I access the hands free bluetooth it activates Siri on my phone. All of the features are available. The only hassle is that you to go through all of the prompts (ie "Bluetooth...Voice...[Siri chime]")....having just one button press to automatically activate Siri would be awesome. Or even just an update that would bypass the voice prompts if an iPhone is connected. That'd be nice...
    Bcon

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It took macrumors for you guys to notice this? It was on during all of march madness..

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcon1208 View Post
    Yea you can. At least I can. 2011 Chevy Malibu and when I access the hands free bluetooth it activates Siri on my phone. All of the features are available. The only hassle is that you to go through all of the prompts (ie "Bluetooth...Voice...[Siri chime]")....having just one button press to automatically activate Siri would be awesome. Or even just an update that would bypass the voice prompts if an iPhone is connected. That'd be nice...
    Really? My 2009 Lincoln MKS with Microsoft Sync doesn't activate Siri when I press Voice key on my steering wheel.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Really? My 2009 Lincoln MKS with Microsoft Sync doesn't activate Siri when I press Voice key on my steering wheel.
    Keyword:MICROSOFT

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HovikGas View Post
    Keyword:MICROSOFT
    Oh I didn't know bcon1218's 2011 Malibu is running iOS. Sorry.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It was on during all of march madness.

Thanks

I have a Belkin AirCast Auto Bluetooth kit. It's basically a big button with a microphone. It activates Siri when I hold it for 1 second.