Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Auto App Updater' Updates Your App Store Apps in the Background Automatically

Default 'Auto App Updater' Updates Your App Store Apps in the Background Automatically

Many of us have a lot of apps on our iOS devices, and sometimes we are just too busy to keep track of App Store application updates, let alone even worry about installing the updates.

If you’re one of those people that ends up having tons of App Store application updates at a time, chances are that you might need an assistant for updating your applications for you. This is where a new jailbreak tweak called Auto App Updater by iOS developer noppers comes in.

Auto App Updater will make sure that all and any App Store application updates get installed for you automatically in the background. The tweak comes with a good number of options to configure so you can set it to your liking:

Not only can you enable and disable the tweak on demand, but you can set it to look for App Store application updates in timed increments, such as ever 12 hours, to save your battery life. If you have a limited data plan, you can even set the tweak to only auto-update applications over a Wi-Fi network so that you don’t burn through your data plan without knowing it.

In case you’re worried about installing updates for a certain application because future updates have been known to break currently working features, the tweak comes with the ability to disable automatic updates for specific applications, so if you have a previous version of the Facebook application that you think works better than the latest version of the Facebook application, you can disable automatic updates for the Facebook application and updates for Facebook won’t be automatically installed. Other applications are included.

Another great feature of the tweak is that if an App Store application update fails to download, the tweak will automatically attempt to re-download it again to ensure a seamless transition to the latest version of your applications.

Auto App Updater keeps a logged history of the applications that you update in the background, including all of the application update release notes that you missed so you can still see what was new in the applications that you didn’t get to see before installing. The tweak also keeps a history of the last check for updates, and lets you know when the next scheduled check is. All history can be easily cleared on demand.

Auto App Updater is available right now in the ModMyi repository – if you want smoother updates that require no effort at all on your part, be sure to grab this great new tweak!

Name: Auto App Updater
    Price: $2.99
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 6.1+
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: noppers
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 03-25-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Nice idea. Great for the wife!

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Amazing tweak!!

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds like a battery eater...

$2.99 for a tweak that that saves you at most 5 button presses? Pass...

What about the password for iTunes?

I have my set as ask everytime, yet when I had it on ask every 15minutes sometimes it asked me still

Any AppStore login credential or privacy concern? Does this tweak get access to my login details to the app store or payment details? Can anyone shed a light on this before I install this please? It's an interesting item though.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,539 Times in 7,105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pakitos View Post
    What about the password for iTunes?

I have my set as ask everytime, yet when I had it on ask every 15minutes sometimes it asked me still
    Since 6.0 you don't need to put your password in for updates.

It would be cool if you could set a certain megabyte limit.

iOS already does!

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Nice idea. Great for the wife!
    Haha no kidding! I know what you mean!

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    It would be cool if you could set a certain megabyte limit.
    That's what I was thinking as well. But just for 4G connectivity.

meh, it is to pricy for a tweak that requires your password; and which you can update by doing two steps.
    Last edited by garfielgato2; 03-26-2013 at 12:54 AM.

Hate all you want, this tweak works perfect for me!

Awesome tweak, shame I'm stuck on iOS 5.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Reeiiko View Post
    Awesome tweak, shame I'm stuck on iOS 5.1.1
    While I do think this tweak is a great idea for some, it really isn't for me because I usually like to read all of the updates in the app store then I just update them all at once.

Default Password not required
    Quote Originally Posted by garfielgato2 View Post
    meh, it is to pricy for a tweak that requires your password; and which you can update by doing two steps.
    In IOS 6 you are not required to enter your password for updates.

People who are complaining about the price would complain if it was $.99 saying it should be free.

It saves you a lot more than 5 keystrokes... sometimes I update several time per day. It just seems like an endless task of updating that never gets done. This tweak is perfect for me. Without question, it's worth the price.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutiger216 View Post
    While I do think this tweak is a great idea for some, it really isn't for me because I usually like to read all of the updates in the app store then I just update them all at once.
    did you read the article? it keeps a log of changes that you can review whenever you want.

I take the exact opposite tack from this tweak on App Store Updates. I never update until I've read the Reviews, given that so many "updates" are real clunkers. So Auto Updating is the last thing I'd want.

As a result, I used and loved the tweak Update Hider, but alas it hasn't been updated for iOS 6.
    Last edited by Kupe; 03-26-2013 at 10:50 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kupe For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (03-26-2013)

I love this tweak; just wish my wife wouldn't have recently updated her 4S to 6.1.3 or I'd have jailbroken it for her for this tweak alone. It's frustrating as hell when I pick up her phone for some reason and see there are 18 app updates waiting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast