+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Auto App Updater' Updates Your App Store Apps in the Background Automatically

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by novadam did you read the article? it keeps a log of changes that you can review whenever you want. While I did see that and I like
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    did you read the article? it keeps a log of changes that you can review whenever you want.
    While I did see that and I like that feature, some updates end up not being updates at all so it's nice to update it at my pleasure, unless this app comes with a way to downgrade app versions.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    did you read the article? it keeps a log of changes that you can review whenever you want.
    That is an update history log. By then it's too late. Like the other poster said, this app might suit some user's workflow, but I prefer to read the reviews, wait a bit, and then and only then update.

Yes- you can revert to a previous version of an app if you haven't synced to iTunes since that update, but why would I want an app that puts me at that risk?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ryaninfg's Avatar
    Thanks

Definitely deserves 5 out of 5!!! This is something I'm sure apple will implement in future iOS!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

pretty neat. Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsutiger216 View Post
    While I did see that and I like that feature, some updates end up not being updates at all so it's nice to update it at my pleasure, unless this app comes with a way to downgrade app versions.
    ok, fair enough. but the way you said it:

Quote Originally Posted by lsutiger216 View Post
    I usually like to read all of the updates in the app store then I just update them all at once.
    made it sound like you always just hit "update all," but that you also like to know what's in the updates.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Finally auto updating.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eballesq View Post
    ...It's frustrating as hell when I pick up her phone for some reason and see there are 18 app updates waiting.
    I know the feeling... Don't forget all the reminders that haven't been checked off! Lol

Thanks

Well...all I can say is be careful. This seems like the last thing a jailbreaker would want on his/her phone. Keep in mind that more and more "updates" these days do nothing more than block them from running on Jailbroken phones. Recent "updates" to Xfinity TV Player, NBC app, AirWatch MDM, DirecTV, eTrade, ShowTime Anytime, and NHL GameCenter do nothing other than to block them from running on Jailbroken phones.

Other "updates" are simply junk. For example, the recent update from Netflix 2 to 3.0 locked out almost all Netflix subscribers for almost 10 days before Netflix got around to fixing it.

@WillFour20...pullease we need Update Hider for iOS 6!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

672,922 updates? Wow.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

What I like about this Tweak is that it retried downloads if the fail. With the App Store, if a download fails, you have to remove the App completely and reinstall it.

"The Original Modsta" _Vansmak_'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,868 Times in 1,227 Posts

I'm confused. If password is not requires for updates then why does this tweak pop up Asking for password? In settings I have set to always req pass beaux my son plays on phone.

Bottom line is if this tweak can't auto input password then it is not an auto updater

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Too expensive for something that takes a few seconds to do by hand....

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12