+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: T-Mobile to Make iPhone Announcement Tomorrow

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default Report: T-Mobile to Make iPhone Announcement Tomorrow

On the eve of T-Mobile's big "uncarrier" event scheduled for Tuesday, we're hearing substantial rumblings about how Apple may be a part of tomorrow's big media event.

Although Apple and T-Mobile aren't commenting on the rumor (no surprise there), Apple's flagship device will be the focal point of news revealed by the carrier tomorrow.

The exact nature of the event, however, remains mysterious, as evidenced by the signature magenta media invitation which reads: “We’re still a wireless company. We’re just not going to act like one anymore. Join us for an exclusive event.”

"The iPhone is critical to T-Mobile's plans to remake itself as the 'different' carrier," says Roger Cheng of CNET. "It will be the marquee product illustrating its new no-contract, no-subsidy rules, where a customer pays a small fee upfront and pays a monthly charge on top of the service plan to cover the phone costs."

Source: CNET

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Fashionably late???

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

They are not getting the iPhone.
    More likely to make their network more compatible with iPhones.
    Right now the iMessage don't work (did not search if there is a work around), so maybe somehow get that to work?
    Once you can get unlocked iPhone to function normally on T-Mobile network I do not see a need for them to carry them.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Right now the iMessage don't work (did not search if there is a work around), so maybe somehow get that to work?
    Once you can get unlocked iPhone to function normally on T-Mobile network I do not see a need for them to carry them.
    How can you forget they already announced they will carry it starting this year?
    http://www.tmonews.com/2012/12/break...apple-product/
    Wow to you.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GenesisDH For This Useful Post:

Mrteacup (03-25-2013)

Thanks

What rock did you just climb out from? T-Mobile announced months ago that the iPhone will be released on their network in "2013."
    Last edited by blkcadi; 03-25-2013 at 06:46 PM.
    "Don't hold it like that!"

Thanks
    Thanked 9,162 Times in 5,673 Posts

Not a surprise, T-Mo will be offering the iPhone (not at a subsidized price though) and will also be launching 4G and LTE in several markets tomorrow also. (Phoenix where I live is one of them, yippee...
    Oh Snap: T-Mobile's First Seven LTE Markets Detailed For March 26th Launch | TmoNewsTmoNews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default ???
    I have an unlocked iPhone on T-Mobile and iMessage works perfectly, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Thanks

Also, iMessages has been working (for me on both 4s and i5) for about a year now.
    Will require changing the APN settings to "Fast.T-Mobile.com" for 4G and LTE to work.

Thanks

You probably regret saying this now.
    word

Thanks

the iPhone left unsubsidized at $650- what a bargain... and then lastly the support of having to set up your APN yourself- no wonder some have issues with it. This may pull the unlocking of major carriers to open the market- as it stands iphones are the most expensive device on ebay with an average of $150 for a broken iphone 4, on up to $350 for a working unit with bad ESN.
    it won't surprise me that Sprint and Verizon will make motions to stop it because the loss they are suffering from delinquent iphone users.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camxposure View Post
    the iPhone left unsubsidized at $650- what a bargain... and then lastly the support of having to set up your APN yourself- no wonder some have issues with it. This may pull the unlocking of major carriers to open the market- as it stands iphones are the most expensive device on ebay with an average of $150 for a broken iphone 4, on up to $350 for a working unit with bad ESN.
    it won't surprise me that Sprint and Verizon will make motions to stop it because the loss they are suffering from delinquent iphone users.
    More than likely Apple will end up pushing carrier support like they do with other carriers. This will include APN settings (which actually with most newer plans you don't even need an APN setup, this has even been proven on this forum) and the loss of subsidy won't matter once EIP is taken into consideration with the new 'uncarrier' idea T-Mobile is switching to.

Besides, the only CDMA iDevices that are truly unlocked are the iPad 3/4 and the VZW/ST iPhone 5. Not really that big of a loss on Sprint and VZW's end to be honest.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dude do your research. iMessages works perfectly and t-mo networks are compatible with an unlocked AT&T iphone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    How can you forget they already announced they will carry it starting this year?
    (Updated) Breaking: T-Mobile USA And Apple Have Reached An Agreement To Sell Apple Products | TmoNewsTmoNews
    Wow to you.
    everything on my unlocked iphone 5 works on tmobile from mms, facetime, iMessage, and i just started getting 3g...perhaps i am just one of the lucky ones?

Thanks

I do wonder if the cheaper budget plastic iPhone mini or whatever will be is announced at the same time. These two things obviously go well together!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexthesniper21 View Post
    Dude do your research. iMessages works perfectly and t-mo networks are compatible with an unlocked AT&T iphone
    Still no 3G on old iPhone 4 that my sister is using on T-Mobile here in Newnan, GA (south part of the Atlanta Greater Metropolitan Area)
    Last edited by CZroe; 03-26-2013 at 01:42 AM.

Thanks

Not sure why it took Apple/Tmo so long to make this happen but im sure plenty of Tmo subscribers will be elated. I had a factory unlocked 3GS on Tmo and loved it. Hopefully they will offer 3G/4GLTE speeds as needed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

Lookin like u was wrizzong son

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Not sure why it took Apple/Tmo so long to make this happen but im sure plenty of Tmo subscribers will be elated. I had a factory unlocked 3GS on Tmo and loved it. Hopefully they will offer 3G/4GLTE speeds as needed.
    Because of T-Mo not using the 1900 mhz band till now, well, till of late. And yes, T-Mo has turned on 4G / LTE here in my area today, so jazzed.