+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weekly Tweak Recap Mar. 18 - Mar. 24

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Weekly Tweak Recap Mar. 18 - Mar. 24

In case you've missed out on the new jailbreak tweaks Cydia has seen, this recap will highlight the tweaks we've shown you this week. These are in no specific order.

1. Doodle Message – FREE

Doodle Message is a great new jailbreak tweak that allows the user to draw things to send to people they’re text messaging or iMessaging. The tweak comes fully loaded with features like drawing, color selectors, line weight selectors, picture annotating, and redo/undo buttons. Doodle Message integrates nicely into the Messages application and you can’t beat the free price tag!

2. Music HUD – FREE

Music HUD is a great free jailbreak tweak that improves the iOS HUD (heads up display) to show information about the music you’re playing. You can have the HUD show the album art, song name, artist name, or album name in addition to he volume level, which is great because it’s all related information that you’ll want to know about when listening to music. In addition, the tweak allows you to customize two gestures that you can use while the HUD is showing to play or pause music.

3. FaceDetectionDuringVideo – FREE

FaceDetectionDuringVideo is a new free jailbreak tweak that can be used to enable face detection while capturing video on iOS devices that aren’t the iPhone 5, including the iPhone 4S, iPod touch 5G, iPad Mini, and iPad with retina display. (fourth generation). Face Detection shows green bounding boxes around people’s faces in the frame to alert you that the device has detected faces.

4. Wake Info – FREE

Wake Info is a handy new jailbreak tweak that allows your device to speak all kinds of useful information when you snooze or dismiss an alarm in iOS. Such information includes announcing your current location and the temperature of your current location, announcing any missed calls, messages, or e-mails that you have, announcing your battery level, and even announcing any events that you have planned for the day. There are a lot of options to configure regarding what the tweak will announce when you dismiss or snooze an alarm, so if you use your alarm frequently, this tweak is worth looking into!

5. Voice Memo Toggle for Activator – FREE

Voice Memo Toggle for Activator is a simple add-on for Activator that allows the user to invoke an Activator action to instantly open the Voice Memos application and begin a recording segment. Activator can already be used to launch the Voice Memos application, however it won’t start recording your voice until you tap on the record button – this is where the Voice Memo Toggle for Activator add-on shines!

6. Stoppur – 99¢

Stoppur is a jailbreak tweak that adds the stopwatch to your lock screen. With it, you can monitor your stopwatch progress without ever having to unlock your device. It comes with a few formatting options that you can use to make it comfortable to use on the lock screen, but unfortunately, it doesn’t come with any start/stop features on the lock screen.

7. LiveWallpaper – FREE

LiveWallpaper is yet another live wallpaper solution for iOS. The tweak comes with an option to use widescreen wallpapers, which will give the device an effect similar to Parallax, or you can use live wallpapers (downloadable in Cydia), which interact to your touch. Right now, you can download the Sakura wallpaper for free, but there aren’t yet any others. The tweak also comes with the ability to keep your first home screen page blank, so you can add widgets without having icons in the way. P.S. LivePapers is still better!

Stay tuned for next week's Weekly Tweak Recap - only on ModMyi!

If you missed our previous Weekly Tweak Recap, you can view it from this link.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

96aman96 (03-25-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This week's tweaks are not inspiring to me bad week for tweaks I think you should be reporting about great tweaks that receives iOS 6 support not just new ones I for one would have love a storefront where all the tweaks and apps in cydia are listed where one can browse through and know what they does...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by godfred212 View Post
    This week's tweaks are not inspiring to me bad week for tweaks I think you should be reporting about great tweaks that receives iOS 6 support not just new ones I for one would have love a storefront where all the tweaks and apps in cydia are listed where one can browse through and know what they does...
    I laughed at your comment. Thanks for the laugh.

Thanks

wat

Thanks

what???,, me no speak english

Green Apple
    Thanks

I had to re-read 3 times to somewhat understand what you were trying to say. Bro, all the tweaks you beed is the Dictionary toggle and iBooks app to see what they "does" to improve your "Inglisch."

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I thought Doodle Message was cool. It took a few updates for it to work with BiteSMS, but its cool.

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

gogfred212's English is fine, it's just punctuation he's missing. forgetting to add a fullstop or a comma can completely throw out the vibe of what someone's trying to say. and in this case, made reading and understanding godfred's comment difficult. lets give him a break! we've all had bad english'd comments on the net before.

back on topic..
    these tweaks are pretty small, nothing great here for me. but often it's the small ones that do great. I loved last weeks 'sticky icky' - making notification banners stay until dismissed

10. The Following User Says Thank You to keenpois0n For This Useful Post:

Mohit555 (03-24-2013)

Thanks

I honestly didn't understand anything and it wasn't the English or punctuation. For instance:

I for one would have love a storefront where all the tweaks and apps in cydia are listed where one can browse through and know what they does...
    I believe there is such a thing already. It is called "Cydia."

iPhone? More like MyPhone kosher1's Avatar
    Thanks

Yaaaaawn

Thanks

That's exactly what I laughed at. Don't we already have that called Cydia. And frankly that's how I always get here threw the store comments.
    Yes the English was ok it was just crazy. Duh - Cydia store front.
    Loved Sticky Icky too.
    The Wake info is ok. It's just that you have to dismiss it to say what you want. I was hoping it would wake you with what ever you wanted it to say. (Soon maybe;-)

Thanks

Does the tweak "Facedetection" work for my iPhone 4 running 6.1.2?
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    Does the tweak "Facedetection" work for my iPhone 4 running 6.1.2?
    Bro look at the package description on Cydia. Not to sound like a jerk or anything.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_Illusions_xX View Post
    Bro look at the package description on Cydia. Not to sound like a jerk or anything.
    Dude I have this already installed and it doesn't seem to work at all.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Omg
    Wah, wah, wah...I find it so amazing that every article there are such whiners. The other 99.99% think there's some cool tweaks listed. Guess what, if you don't like it don't read it.....that's the saying....not if you don't like it whine about it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me radioBirdman's Avatar
    Thanks

Blah... Silly tags... hr/ not /hr
    Assuming it was supposed to be a horizontal rule?
    Last edited by radioBirdman; 03-25-2013 at 12:25 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    Dude I have this already installed and it doesn't seem to work at all.
    Bro it doesn't work on iPhone 4.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by radioBirdman View Post
    Blah... Silly tags... hr/ not /hr
    Assuming it was supposed to be a horizontal rule?
    I think the problem was in the code segment delimiters not the organization of characters...

Also, people in general - myself included - have been quite ridiculous on this forum lately.

Thanks

on topic: doodle message is actually a great tweak. and wake info and voice memo toggle are both useful.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Anyone else have trouble getting doodle message to work.? The button is there to press but never brings up anything.

Anyone else know how to change the city to your own in alarm info.
    Last edited by Awdad724; 03-25-2013 at 09:20 AM.