Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Study Reveals iPhone 5 Users and Galaxy S III Users Are Quite Alike

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Simon what ya use ya nexus for? Just to mess around with it and all?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 7,007 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Simon what ya use ya nexus for? Just to mess around with it and all?
    I have a prepaid sim in it. So it is my backup line and phone. Mostly I just mess around with it ya. I like doing different setups on it using Nova launcher (and others). Android allows tons of customizations.

Quote Originally Posted by schnedi View Post
    i'm not alright., but an iphone without jailbreak is nothing.

not numbers, i'm talking about a better OS (Android).

what can you do with your iphone when it's not jailbroken? play games? yes. nothing else.

but with any android (not rooted) i can do almost whatever i can imagine.

plus if it has more ram, more features, more screen, better camera etc etc

the S3 was the best smartphone of 2012, better than the i5. am i talking about numbers? LoL

Android fan? i've had 5 iphones (now the i5) and the GS3. and i'm realist, Android is better.

i can give 1 reason that makes it better and no one could deny it. OPEN SOURCE.

now take your stock iphone... and i said above: play games.
    Don't really care how realist you think u may be but iOS is much clean, runs much better than android just like urself I have gs3 and iPhone 5. If anybody tells me gs3 runs better than the iPhone 5 they just don't know what they talking about. And gs3 has more RAM yeah but is so sad u can only tell cuz u know not because is any faster. Camera almost the same gs3 a little better. Display iPhone is way better, and lets not even talk about the look of each phones. iPhone 5 is just tooo damn sexii.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I have a prepaid sim in it. So it is my backup line and phone. Mostly I just mess around with it ya. I like doing different setups on it using Nova launcher (and others). Android allows tons of customizations.
    I wanna try the HTC One next. Not happy with the gs3 lol I mean I can watch YouTube video and send my boss a damn email at the same time lol that's a plus.
    Instagram: zplit
    Twitter: zplit

Quote Originally Posted by zplit View Post
    Don't really care how realist you think u may be but iOS is much clean, runs much better than android just like urself I have gs3 and iPhone 5.
    What do you mean by clean? The Android interface is just as easy to navigate as iOS.

If anybody tells me gs3 runs better than the iPhone 5 they just don't know what they talking about. And gs3 has more RAM yeah but is so sad u can only tell cuz u know not because is any faster.
    RAM has nothing to do with running faster. More RAM allows you to do more things at the same time. Less RAM is only slower when the phone tries to use more RAM then it has.[/QUOTE]

Camera almost the same gs3 a little better. Display iPhone is way better, and lets not even talk about the look of each phones. iPhone 5 is just tooo damn sexii.
    That's not even an argument. It's "tooo damn sexii"? The iPhone look is too boring for me, its been the same for way to long.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
    What do you mean by clean? The Android interface is just as easy to navigate as iOS.

RAM has nothing to do with running faster. More RAM allows you to do more things at the same time. Less RAM is only slower when the phone tries to use more RAM then it has.

That's not even an argument. It's "tooo damn sexii"? The iPhone look is too boring for me, its been the same for way to long.[/QUOTE]

Just like u said is too boring for (yOU) not for the billions of iPhone users so stop hating lol. Keep ur plastic phone if that makes u happy pal.

Just like u said is too boring for (yOU) not for the billions of iPhone users so stop hating lol. Keep ur plastic phone if that makes u happy pal.
    First of all, billions is quite the exaggeration. There aren't even close to a billion iPhone's sold. Secondly, I'm not "hating", I have neither an iphone or an Android phone. I don't want to pay money to get screwed over by some carrier overcharging me for data. I'm fine just having a "dumb" phone and my iPod Touch.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't really care how realist you think u may be but iOS is much clean, runs much better than android just like urself I have gs3 and iPhone 5. If anybody tells me gs3 runs better than the iPhone 5 they just don't know what they talking about. And gs3 has more RAM yeah but is so sad u can only tell cuz u know not because is any faster. Camera almost the same gs3 a little better. Display iPhone is way better, and lets not even talk about the look of each phones. iPhone 5 is just tooo damn sexii.

I wanna try the HTC One next. Not happy with the gs3 lol I mean I can watch YouTube video and send my boss a damn email at the same time lol that's a plus.

Ill take the Droid DNA over the iphone on looks. How is iOS much cleaner and runs better than a high end Android device?

I stick with the Nexus line for my androids. Vanilla android def the best, leaves the customizations up to us
    Idk man, been running Sense 5 and is pretty nice also.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohit555 View Post
    Funny how literate people like yourself get fooled so easily by numbers. More ram.. Bigger screen.. More cores.. When inspite of all this, iphone, with half the specs is able to outperform samsuck in real life. Graphics.. Speed..better display (will retract the comment after the s4 becomes available. And if its actually better than the iphone retina display).. As i said, i dont trust numbers. Size doesnt always matter u know.. quality is more important.
    My DNA has more ram, bigger screen, more cores, far better display than the current iphone and most of the android devices. Your iphone can't outperform it when it comes to raw power.

Quote Originally Posted by chiraagnt View Post
    At least games on the iPhone OWN android. Can't see a Fifa 13 on android right?
    You play Fifa on your phone?? Who the hell does that! Get it on the system, much better. And if you do have it on a system, what system so we can have a match
    from my rooted Droid DNA

Thanks

Ya I have nova and apex on mine pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Ya I have nova and apex on mine pretty cool
    Give Holo launcher a try, seems to be pretty quick and smooth. Gave up apex for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
    First of all, billions is quite the exaggeration. There aren't even close to a billion iPhone's sold. Secondly, I'm not "hating", I have neither an iphone or an Android phone. I don't want to pay money to get screwed over by some carrier overcharging me for data. I'm fine just having a "dumb" phone and my iPod Touch.
    U have a nice day dude lol when u get an iPhone or android u are welcome to talk about it then lol till then have fun with ur dumb phone lol blackberry maybe? And iPod touch. 👊

11. The Following User Says Thank You to zplit For This Useful Post:

The_13th_Plague (03-24-2013)

U have a nice day dude lol when u get an iPhone or android u are welcome to talk about it then lol till then have fun with ur dumb phone lol blackberry maybe? And iPod touch. ��
    I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here. That I can't talk about it since I own neither? Of course I can. Just because I don't own either one doesn't mean that I haven't used them or don't know how they work and feel.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yatezy View Post
    Give Holo launcher a try, seems to be pretty quick and smooth. Gave up apex for it.
    Aight will try it out thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller006 View Post

Sense is pretty good, I have to admit. I didn't really like touchwiz though.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

chiraagnt (03-25-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yatezy View Post
    They don't have alot of themes for it

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Sense is pretty good, I have to admit. I didn't really like touchwiz though.
    Sense rocks!! Although an apple fanboy sense looks cool haha

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller006 View Post
    Ill take the Droid DNA over the iphone on looks. How is iOS much cleaner and runs better than a high end Android device?

My DNA has more ram, bigger screen, more cores, far better display than the current iphone and most of the android devices. Your iphone can't outperform it when it comes to raw power.

You play Fifa on your phone?? Who the hell does that! Get it on the system, much better. And if you do have it on a system, what system so we can have a match
    Haha yeah bro have it on iOS and comp. gonna buy it for Xbox soon.. What to do I'm a FIFA addict I actually ditched android and one reason was no FIFA lol

Keep ur plastic phone if that makes u happy pal.

do you carry your iphone in an Aluminium case?

i bet you use a plastic case as the 99.9% of the users.

-------------------------

i'm not an apple or android fan. i'm just saying my thoughts, and i prefer Android to use it daily.

i don't care if games are better. i don't spend $700 in an iphone to play.
    Last edited by Schnedi; 03-25-2013 at 06:48 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by schnedi View Post
    do you carry your iphone in an Aluminium case?

i bet you use a plastic case as the 99.9% of the users.

-------------------------

i'm not an apple or android fan. i'm just saying my thoughts, and i prefer Android to use it daily.

i don't care if games are better. i don't spend $700 in an iphone to play.
    I have an element case on mine called the Ronin. Wooden sides and nickel plated top and bottom. Hate plastic cases. I think you would be surprised how many people actually use no case at all. It's a lot more than 0.01% though

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiraagnt View Post
    Sense rocks!! Although an apple fanboy sense looks cool haha
    Haha yeah bro have it on iOS and comp. gonna buy it for Xbox soon.. What to do I'm a FIFA addict I actually ditched android and one reason was no FIFA lol
    Damn, i don't use my xbox anymore =/ it's somewhere in storage lol. If i find it ill send you a pm so we can play.
    from my rooted Droid DNA

At the risk of starting a flame war: they're similar in many ways except 1 major one: taste. The Galaxy SIII is a F*ugly device. It's cheap and chintzy-looking. I bought a One X+ last year (getting the HTC One in the next week or so) because I couldn't stand how terrible-looking the SIII was, despite its great technical specs. Seriously, Samsung need to quit going Gangnam style on their smarthphones.

I don't care if the Galaxy SIII or SIV can run a space probe (well, okay, if they could, that would be cool) since, in real world use, the iPhone 5 is already pretty impressive. It's actually odd: iOS users get better real-world device performance even though their hardware is supposedly not as great. Meanwhile, as an Android user, you either need to be running stock Android via a custom Rom or a Nexus device, otherwise, all that computing power goes to waste pushing crappy UI layers like Touchwiz. Sure, widgets are great -- heck, a lot of Cydia tweaks add UI flourishes that are available on stock Android -- but I still find iOS devices more reliable.

Banned
    Thanks

Do you have an example of this? Because I have never experienced what you speak of. I like android a lot but find I can do things a lot faster with iOS.
    examples are how with any app I install it gets added to my menu of options ie. I open up my photo gallery and I have the option to share a photo to dropbox, instagram, twitter, facebook etc. you can NOT do that on an iPhone. you'd have to open all of those apps one at a time and do the same task repeatedly.

example: If I wanted to post a screen shot from my phone to this website., I can take the screen shot, right from the screen shot I can upload it to photo bucket come here and post a link. you can NOT do that on an iPhone. you'd have to take the screen shot then open a second app to accomplish the same task.

example: I wanted a song from youtube, from my phone I can (within 60 seconds) download the video, upload it to the server where it gets converted then download back to my phone without any input from me besides entering the URL of the video. once downloaded I can with a file explorer browse my phone for the mp3 then Im prompted to choose which media player I want to use to open it. once opened I just add it to my play list. you can NOT do this on an iPhone, even a jailbroken iPhone would not be able to accomplish this simple task.

example. I just spent 7 minutes using my thumb to type an email then decide that I need to add an attachment (of any file type) 2 or 3 taps later and its inserted into my email. you cannot do this with an iPhone....unless there's some app (free or FEE) in the app store which you have to search for, install and try it to see if its what you're looking for. time consuming and costly.

example. how any app I install can be set as my default app. Never, ever will apple allow you to do this.

example. how any Android app has widgets, no iOS app (except a few clunky Cydia apps) have this ability.

there is nothing I can think of that as you said, can do things a lot faster with iOS. it's simply not true but I can do many many things much much faster and a lot easier with Android. ie add music to my device. I dont have to sync my whole phone first., use my desktop to create a playlist then sync my whole phone again just for one song. all I need to do is drag and drop. done.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to jOnGarrett For This Useful Post:

Schnedi (03-26-2013)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast