Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Study Reveals iPhone 5 Users and Galaxy S III Users Are Quite Alike

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    You buy your phone based on resale value? I just throw mine in the drawer with all the rest.
    I don't buy my phone solely on that but it sure is nice selling your phone one nextworth 2.5 years after it's release for $180.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,550 Times in 7,109 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by schnedi View Post
    when will they realize Touchwiz is a big s***? the s4 with Vanilla would be amazing!!

funny how apple fans never stop saying iphone is better... you know that's not true!!
    I stick with the Nexus line for my androids. Vanilla android def the best, leaves the customizations up to us
    I'd still pick a jailbroken iPhone 5 over any android right now though. iOS app store + Cydia = Awesome

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

zplit (03-24-2013)

when will they realize Touchwiz is a big s***? the s4 with Vanilla would be amazing!!

funny how apple fans never stop saying iphone is better... you know that's not true!!
    Funny how literate people like yourself get fooled so easily by numbers. More ram.. Bigger screen.. More cores.. When inspite of all this, iphone, with half the specs is able to outperform samsuck in real life. Graphics.. Speed..better display (will retract the comment after the s4 becomes available. And if its actually better than the iphone retina display).. As i said, i dont trust numbers. Size doesnt always matter u know.. quality is more important.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mohit555 For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (03-24-2013), zplit (03-24-2013)

Thanks

It's like we're the same yet different 😜

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    You buy your phone based on resale value? I just throw mine in the drawer with all the rest.
    I do. Sold my 4S for $435 and bought the 5 for $200 and extended my contract.

It'd actually be funny if apple fans say android is better. They wouldn't be an apple fan if they say that. Just like you say "that's not true" meaning you are an android fan.
    Last edited by vinaygoel2000; 03-24-2013 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I stick with the Nexus line for my androids. Vanilla android def the best, leaves the customizations up to us
    I'd still pick a jailbroken iPhone 5 over any android right now though. iOS app store + Cydia = Awesome
    i'm not alright., but an iphone without jailbreak is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohit555 View Post
    Funny how literate people like yourself get fooled so easily by numbers. More ram.. Bigger screen.. More cores.. When inspite of all this, iphone, with half the specs is able to outperform samsuck in real life. Graphics.. Speed..better display (will retract the comment after the s4 becomes available. And if its actually better than the iphone retina display).. As i said, i dont trust numbers. Size doesnt always matter u know.. quality is more important.
    not numbers, i'm talking about a better OS (Android).

what can you do with your iphone when it's not jailbroken? play games? yes. nothing else.

but with any android (not rooted) i can do almost whatever i can imagine.

plus if it has more ram, more features, more screen, better camera etc etc

the S3 was the best smartphone of 2012, better than the i5. am i talking about numbers? LoL

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    It'd actually be funny if apple fans say android is better. They wouldn't be an apple fan if they say that. Just like you say "that's not true" meaning you are an android fan.
    Android fan? i've had 5 iphones (now the i5) and the GS3. and i'm realist, Android is better.

i can give 1 reason that makes it better and no one could deny it. OPEN SOURCE.

now take your stock iphone... and i said above: play games.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i'm not alright., but an iphone without jailbreak is nothing.

not numbers, i'm talking about a better OS (Android).

what can you do with your iphone when it's not jailbroken? play games? yes. nothing else.

but with any android (not rooted) i can do almost whatever i can imagine.

plus if it has more ram, more features, more screen, better camera etc etc

the S3 was the best smartphone of 2012, better than the i5. am i talking about numbers? LoL

Android fan? i've had 5 iphones (now the i5) and the GS3. and i'm realist, Android is better.

At least games on the iPhone OWN android. Can't see a Fifa 13 on android right? And how about infinity blade? Better apps also on iOS.. How long did it take for Instagram to arrive on android? Android fans complain the android apps< iOS apps and it's easy to see why. Despite limitations, iPhone and apple still emerge top

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiraagnt View Post
    Idk the feeling one gets or at least IMO is that android is very 'clunky'. Like iOS is seamless integration. Then again my phone had to be jailbroken to maximize the capabilities of iOS so who knows...
    clunky? how so? be specific. again, what is seamless integration with iOS? I have an example of seamless on Android. like when third party apps are integrated right into the OS itself whereas with iOS you have to do acrobatic stunts switching back and forth opening and closing multiple apps to accomplish the same task.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    like when third party apps are integrated right into the OS itself whereas with iOS you have to do acrobatic stunts switching back and forth opening and closing multiple apps to accomplish the same task.
    Do you have an example of this? Because I have never experienced what you speak of. I like android a lot but find I can do things a lot faster with iOS.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

chiraagnt (03-24-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

I can conduct Webex meetings on my iPhone way better using the same Webex app which is android as well but doesn't dial the meeting number and neither does input the participant number automatically. iOS does that seamlessly.

I can write a book if I wanted to.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    I can conduct Webex meetings on my iPhone way better using the same Webex app which is android as well but doesn't dial the meeting number and neither does input the participant number automatically. iOS does that seamlessly.

I can write a book if I wanted to.
    And apps for android are normally done after the iPhone.. The amount of fragmentation just ruins android..

I like android as well but keep going back to the iPhone. Screw 4g and a bigger screen. The app quality on iOS is hard to beat.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    I like android as well but keep going back to the iPhone. Screw 4g and a bigger screen. The app quality on iOS is hard to beat.
    I know what you are saying. I find some apps on android to be a bit "stiff" compared to their iOS counterpart. IMDB app for example, on iOS the swiping to different trailers for movies is very fluid and responsive. On android in same app and place swiping is a bit unresponsive, I find myself having to slow down my swiping motion for the app to pick up that I want to go to the next trailer.

We all know Apple isn't open source (some of which is good) but what are all these functions in Android that make it better? Instead of just blasting the iPhone as only a game player tell us a dozen or so of these must have functions from Android? Without stating such you are just another worthless opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by patoons View Post
    i wonder if honda and toyota users both use their cars to drive to and from work or school, and listen to music in their car
    Was the Audi icon intended for this?

Honestly though people need to stop throwing around the word innovate. Neither of them have "innovated" lately, honestly all they do us just upgrade the specs and add some more software functionality. However that's how products are on any line! The only time they will meet your standards for "innovating" is when new technology (like when the touchscreen came out) is released and can be integrated in.

Since everyone uses mobile phones for different purposes I honestly don't see how one phone can be better than another. If you want openness, virus's and malware then android wins hands down. If you want a controlled well tested system, An OS supported by developers and a device with good resale value (even the iPhone 3G and 3GS still sell for more than an average (not top of the range) Android phone) then iOS is what you want. Basically what I'm trying to say is what OS you use depends on your uses.

Quote Originally Posted by cgfusion View Post
    One big difference, Samsung users are blind and don't look at the facts when a report comes out about Apple or samsung. Apple users IQ's (a documented study by a foreign company) are higher by over 18%.
    One study by some random foreign company? Lol, that means nothing. Anyone can make up their own study. These kind of things need to be duplicated by others or at least come from an already reputable source. Besides, IQ is such a bogus number.

Quote Originally Posted by Villebilly View Post
    We all know Apple isn't open source (some of which is good) but what are all these functions in Android that make it better? Instead of just blasting the iPhone as only a game player tell us a dozen or so of these must have functions from Android? Without stating such you are just another worthless opinion.
    +1

I have yet to think of one thing that can be done on a rooted Android that cannot be done on a jailbroken iOS. Overclocking is the only thing u can think of only that's pointless anyway since there's a reason devices are underclocked and that's to save battery life...

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I know what you are saying. I find some apps on android to be a bit "stiff" compared to their iOS counterpart. IMDB app for example, on iOS the swiping to different trailers for movies is very fluid and responsive. On android in same app and place swiping is a bit unresponsive, I find myself having to slow down my swiping motion for the app to pick up that I want to go to the next trailer.
    Do u use both or u stick with android?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Do u use both or u stick with android?
    I use both, have a Nexus 4 and iPhone 5. I use the iphone as my main phone.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast