Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Final Fantasy V to be released on the iOS Platform Later This Month

Thanks

Default Final Fantasy V to be released on the iOS Platform Later This Month

For all Final Fantasy fans out there, new reports by Famitsu claim that the popular RPG’s fifth episode is set to hit iOS and Android devices in Japan by the end of March this year. This means that Final Fantasy V will most likely be released in the United States shortly after following the release in Japan.

Although highly anticipated, the news should not come as a surprise for anyone since the previous four versions of Final Fantasy have already been on the iOS platform. But it does not mean you can’t still be excited for the release right?

Final Fantasy V was originally launched in Japan in 1992 for the SNES. Not until 1999 did it land in the U.S as a part of the Final Fantasy collection for the PlayStation and later ported to the Gameboy Advance.

It has yet to be announced which version of the game will hit iOS devices, but it sure does sound expensive from the announcement so far. According to Joystiq, the same is said to be priced around ¥1,800- which converts to about $19 US. Those of you who are interested in the game can see a video of below:

Are you excited for the release?

Source: Famitsu via Joystiq

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Still waiting for FF7......

Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    I was going to,say the exact same thing. I hardly ever play video games anymore...but I surely would play FF7. Then promptly go watch Advent Children. Lol.

It is going to be great.I am great fan of Final fantasy series.I used to play Final fantasy for hours in ps2 back a couple of years.

Ff7 ftw

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

for me, I am waiting for VI, though FF7 is the most famous FF, the VI was considered to be the best FF of all time

NES had the best version lol jk. But it def was wicked to play as a kid.

This makes me a happy panda

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Man, that video is all about FFIV, just shows the FFV logo for 2 seconds...such a tease. I'd love to see some screens!

you gotta get an Android to play that

Thanks

I'm still waiting for FFVI damn you squarenix!!!

They know their market clamors for a rerelease of VII (and the niche people clamor for VI) on various platforms and yet they slowly get around to it. Rather upsetting as the company is tanking and in need of some positive momentum. That said, any FF release is a good thing in my book.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lildimsum7 View Post
    you gotta get an Android to play that
    Not as easy as you said + it's illegal. Read this: http://androidforums.com/android-gam...ntasy-7-a.html

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Not as easy as you said + it's illegal. Read this: http://androidforums.com/android-gam...ntasy-7-a.html
    It's only illegal if you don't own the game and if you downloaded the bios. If you extracted the bios from your own playstation then it's not illegal
    The hardest part is getting the bios but once you have it playing Psx games on android really isn't that hard.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zombian View Post
    It's only illegal if you don't own the game and if you downloaded the bios. If you extracted the bios from your own playstation then it's not illegal
    The hardest part is getting the bios but once you have it playing Psx games on android really isn't that hard.
    ^ This

Additionally, FFIV has one of the deeper storylines, weaving a fantastic story of a fall and redemption of the primary hero. I have to say that the actual story was "better" in FFIV over FFVI, but that could very well be that I was 11 when it was released and it was arguably one of the deepest and most elaborate stories up to that point.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post
    ^ This

Additionally, FFIV has one of the deeper storylines, weaving a fantastic story of a fall and redemption of the primary hero. I have to say that the actual story was "better" in FFIV over FFVI, but that could very well be that I was 11 when it was released and it was arguably one of the deepest and most elaborate stories up to that point.
    For me FFVi was all about the world they created. Almost steam punk in a way, or I guess magi-punk if that's a thing. That plus the pretty awesome gameplay.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombian For This Useful Post:

TooSlo (03-21-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zombian View Post
    For me FFVi was all about the world they created. Almost steam punk in a way, or I guess magi-punk if that's a thing. That plus the pretty awesome gameplay.
    I've had peripheral neuropathy since I was younger, which made Saban's blitzes frustrating at times (I was also TERRIBLE at fighting games) -- I do agree about the world they created, as well as the term magi-punk. I totally want to high-five you for coming up with that right now.

Quote Originally Posted by I_ssan View Post
    for me, I am waiting for VI, though FF7 is the most famous FF, the VI was considered to be the best FF of all time
    Agreed...

I can't wait for this! It was such a fun game. I've beat iv on my iPad three times now.