+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iOS Update Blocks evasi0n Jailbreak After It's Been Used 18 Million Times

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Waits for the notorious "I accidentally updated and jailbreak isn't working" post...
    iPhone? More like MyPhone jwil736's Avatar
    Thanks

Waits for the notorious "I accidentally updated and jailbreak isn't working" post...

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,835 Times in 6,152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Colwood View Post
    I guess I'm not buying an iPad mini any more . meh
    Why not? It will be a few weeks at least before they come preloaded with 6.1.3.

Besides if the firmware is 6.1.3, just return it
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (03-21-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by specialtylaser View Post
    Apple will fall & it will be their own 'control freakish' fault.
    Don't you people ever get tired of looking/sounding stupid? Every time one of you says "apple will fall, apple is doomed, apple is finished" we all look at their huge pile of cash and laugh at you.

Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    EXACTLY!
    Apple are the real losers here. I was thinking of getting a 2nd hand iPhone 4S but not anymore. If it cant be jailbroken then there is no way I will get one.
    I will never get a iPhone 5 or above. They changed the plug so none of my extras will work and it wont connect to the car so I just cant get one. Thats another reason why the 4S is the highest iPhone I can ever get. Not going to waste more money on expensive cables.
    How is you not buying a second hand 4s hurting apple? Apple already has their money on a second hand device, why do they care if you buy one or not? Heads up to you.... they don't.
    Last edited by rkswat; 03-21-2013 at 08:42 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rkswat For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (03-21-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I love the way people talk of a 'cat and mouse game ', and 'damn you apple you control freaks ' !. If someone was able to remote hack your device, I think you'd be on to apple to demand they fix this hole in the software pretty quickly !. This folks is what you call a ' security flaw' and this is how jailbreaks work !. Apple dont care about jailbreakers, they care about having a security tight device so that they can keep making their billions, go ahead, stop buying apple products !, see if they care, it's much more damaging to their reputation for them to have an operating system that is easily hacked !

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dazdaman80 For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (03-22-2013)

What's Jailbreak? Mannyphantom46's Avatar
    Thanks

I won't need a new phone, this one works fine. iPhone 5 iPhone 5s not for me. I wait for iPhone 6. I hope it would be beautiful and amazing. For now am on iPhone 4s. My JB works smooth so for now am happy with iPhone 4s. Hey people it a phone not a computer. Don't add too much apps from Cydia. Just add a few and you be fine. Be careful some are bad for the iPhone.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Won't you need new cables then?.
    Yea, but its not an Apple device and i have 5 Apple devices all with the same plug.
    If i get an android thats acceptable to get a new plug but not another Apple device with a new plug.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dazdaman80 View Post
    If someone was able to remote hack your device, I think you'd be on to apple to demand they fix this hole in the software pretty quickly!
    Point taken but nobody's going to remote hack an iDevice because of the latest JB exploit.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    Yes thank you guys i just got all my personal stuff hacked just in time keep up the good work .
    Good.
    iLive an iLife

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My iPhone 5 on 6.1 crashed yesterday, stuck at boot logo, tried everything under the sun to restore with no luck, had to restore using 6.1.3. Hope they will have this firmware jailbreakable soon, here's hoping.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    Point taken but nobody's going to remote hack an iDevice because of the latest JB exploit.
    I'm not suggesting that the exploit used for the evasion jailbreak could also allow someone to remote hack your device, just using an example in the extreme of what could possibly happen if the was a security flaw somewhere in the software. Regardless of its exploit size and whether or not it could do much damage, they have to plug it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Question, if I'm running 6.1.2 now on an iPhone 5, and have my blobs saved, can I restore to a clean 6.1.2 and re-jailbreak or is my only option to restore 6.1.3 now? I ask because I'm having some glitches on my phone (I can't delete any paired Bluetooth devices, and can't re-pair an existing device) and I suspect the jailbreak has something to do with this.

Thanks!

Thanks

I had that bluetooth issue with my i5, it wont connect to a new device and even with existing device, found out it was auxo that causing the problem. So i uninstalled auxo then re paired the bluetooth device and it worked. I love auxo so i put back again after i got everything working. Dont risk restoring, it might just be one of your cydia apps that causing the glitch..

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
    Question, if I'm running 6.1.2 now on an iPhone 5, and have my blobs saved, can I restore to a clean 6.1.2 and re-jailbreak or is my only option to restore 6.1.3 now? I ask because I'm having some glitches on my phone (I can't delete any paired Bluetooth devices, and can't re-pair an existing device) and I suspect the jailbreak has something to do with this.

Thanks!
    You can't restore to 6.1.2 on iphone 5 yet, even if you have blobs saved. You can only restore or downgrade on an A4 device( iPhone 4, iPod touch 4g). I'm sure downgrading on iPhone 5 will happen eventually, but will probably take a while. If you attempt to restore you'll be stuck on 6.1.3 and no jailbreak for a very long time !. Try to narrow down which one of your cydia tweaks could be causing your Bluetooth problem, even if you have to uninstall them all and reinstall one by one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dazdaman80 View Post
    You can't restore to 6.1.2 on iphone 5 yet, even if you have blobs saved. You can only restore or downgrade on an A4 device( iPhone 4, iPod touch 4g). I'm sure downgrading on iPhone 5 will happen eventually, but will probably take a while. If you attempt to restore you'll be stuck on 6.1.3 and no jailbreak for a very long time !. Try to narrow down which one of your cydia tweaks could be causing your Bluetooth problem, even if you have to uninstall them all and reinstall one by one.
    thanks. i suspected this was the case but was looking for confirmation.

i've tried removing tweaks one by one, i don't run with that many, something is simply hosed. resetting network preferences doesn't clear out wifi or bluetooth, trying to remove devices or networks doesn't do anything. so i suspect there is just some general corruption. anyone happen to know if bluetooth pairings are stored in a plist somewhere i could just delete? i tried poking around but am afraid to go about removing plists without knowing for sure what the consequences of that could be. don't want to find myself in a worse situation!

What's Jailbreak? Michelle Ahern's Avatar
    Thanks

There will be no new jailbreak in for see able future. Months maybe year at least till iOS 7 comes out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

To fix your bt isdue just start safe mode and pair them reboot.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Looks like I just got in under the wire. I bought an iPad mini the weekend and it has 6.1.2 out the box.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scottjl View Post

Thanks!
    I suspect it's not the jailbreak. If you have AUXO installed, then uninstall it > delete the paired devices you want > pair the new devices you want > THEN reinstall AUXO. It will work fine and until a fix from the AUXO developers come it will be the way...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tigir View Post
    To fix your bt isdue just start safe mode and pair them reboot.
    doh! why didn't i think of this? worked perfect. was able to remove devices just fine, resprang and added new devices no problems.

thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by defiantmacho View Post
    I suspect it's not the jailbreak. If you have AUXO installed, then uninstall it > delete the paired devices you want > pair the new devices you want > THEN reinstall AUXO. It will work fine and until a fix from the AUXO developers come it will be the way...
    thanks. i do have auxo installed (great addon, worth every penny) but didn't remove it because i didn't think it had anything to do with bluetooth.. doh!

anyway, as per tigir's suggestion i just resprang into safe mode and was able to delete bluetooth devices just fine. another respring and all was working well. thank you for the reminder that anything could be a suspect.
    Last edited by scottjl; 03-29-2013 at 10:16 AM.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234