+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iOS Update Blocks evasi0n Jailbreak After It's Been Used 18 Million Times

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by specialtylaser My sentient exactly. Apple will fall & it will be their own 'control freakish' fault. Are you stupid? Apple is not a person, they are a
    *T*
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by specialtylaser View Post
    My sentient exactly. Apple will fall & it will be their own 'control freakish' fault.
    Are you stupid? Apple is not a person, they are a multination billion-dollar company that does not give a **** about your little Cydia app. They are trying to appeal to large businesses by improving security, they're not just "being a control freak."

Think things through next time, so that maybe you won't sound so dumb.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpotoso View Post
    I am tired of all this sh*t from apple. Still have my ipad2 at 5.1.1 and it is OK, but if for some reason I have to restore than I am stuck FORCED to change the OS to a new version. WTF!? Currently waiting for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 and for the Nexus 4 phone. Then the ipad goes to my son, the iphone to craigslist... IOS is not bad, just a bad apple.
    Dude, if you're on 5.1.1 then you should be fine. I assume you are jailbroken and open the cydia app at least once a month. If this is the case then you can restore to 5.1.1 through 6.1.2 because cydia grabs blobs for your device when you use the app.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpotoso View Post
    I am tired of all this sh*t from apple. Still have my ipad2 at 5.1.1 and it is OK, but if for some reason I have to restore than I am stuck FORCED to change the OS to a new version. WTF!? Currently waiting for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 and for the Nexus 4 phone. Then the ipad goes to my son, the iphone to craigslist... IOS is not bad, just a bad apple.
    Apple isn't the only company that forces you to update to the newest software. They all do.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by liamcakerboyr View Post
    So what happens if my iPhone 5 breaks and I have no option but to restore it?
    Then you're stuck with a stock phone until the next jailbreak comes out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iRevival View Post
    Apple isn't the only company that forces you to update to the newest software. They all do.
    Not true. For example, I have an android phone that is still on 2.3.6. I can still find plenty of software for it. When you go to google play, it will clearly show which software is compatible and which is not, and for the ones compatible there are variations of the software. You go to itunes and THERE IS NO WAY ANYMORE TO FIND SOFTWARE THAT RUNS ON AN OLD IPHONE 2. The older, perfectly fine, software is yanked out of the store and you can only get the newest, incompatible software.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I honestly don't see what is compelling enough to even be interested in 6.1.3. I don't use a passcode on my device (I don't have anything that secretive there that doesn't have it's own password) and I don't have any plans to go to Japan, so why update?

What's Jailbreak? Mannyphantom46's Avatar
    Thanks

I will be on 6.1.2 for a long while. For now power to the hackers

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colwood's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess I'm not buying an iPad mini any more . meh

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unfortunately my jailbroken device had an issue with the power button--it would only work **some of the time** if you pressed the left side. The right side of the button didn't work at all :-/ so I had to order a warranty replacement. When I did the comprehensive backup through iTunes, restored my jailbroken device so it could be sent back to Verizon, then applied everything to the replacement phone, it forced me to update. Horrible. Looks like I'm stuck for a while......Come on jb'ers!!! You can do it!! I know you can!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ABOSWORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michellesellers81 View Post
    Unfortunately my jailbroken device had an issue with the power button--it would only work **some of the time** if you pressed the left side. The right side of the button didn't work at all :-/ so I had to order a warranty replacement. When I did the comprehensive backup through iTunes, restored my jailbroken device so it could be sent back to Verizon, then applied everything to the replacement phone, it forced me to update. Horrible. Looks like I'm stuck for a while......Come on jb'ers!!! You can do it!! I know you can!!
    Ugh, that sucks. It's probably gonna be a while. I wonder if they will even bother trying to crack this or just wait until 7. I'm glad I finally switched to 6.1.2 a couple weeks ago and rejailbroke my ****.
    Last edited by ABOSWORTH; 03-21-2013 at 01:41 PM.

What's Jailbreak? Mannyphantom46's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks! evasi0n JB is very sweet. I make it my own, not apple! I wait for your new one. Thanks again it was worth waiting and sad to say good bye.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kosher1 View Post
    If 18,000,000 people stopped buying apple goods, would it dent apples stock value?
    Most of those would continue to buy Apple goods even if they could not Jailbreak their iOS devices. So there would be no dent in Apple's stock.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    EXACTLY!
    Apple are the real losers here. I was thinking of getting a 2nd hand iPhone 4S but not anymore. If it cant be jailbroken then there is no way I will get one.
    I will never get a iPhone 5 or above. They changed the plug so none of my extras will work and it wont connect to the car so I just cant get one. Thats another reason why the 4S is the highest iPhone I can ever get. Not going to waste more money on expensive cables.

Still got my eyes on a Galaxy S4. Just need to find one at the right price when they become available.
    There is a simple adapter out there that solves the problem...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kosher1 View Post
    If 18,000,000 people stopped buying apple goods, would it dent apples stock value?
    probably not ,,,,,
    Last edited by lizzy954; 03-21-2013 at 01:41 PM. Reason: changed my mind

Elizabeth

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    Agree…wth, there isn't much difference between 5 and 6 for the average user.
    True, not much difference at all.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    EXACTLY!
    Apple are the real losers here. I was thinking of getting a 2nd hand iPhone 4S but not anymore. If it cant be jailbroken then there is no way I will get one.
    I will never get a iPhone 5 or above. They changed the plug so none of my extras will work and it wont connect to the car so I just cant get one. Thats another reason why the 4S is the highest iPhone I can ever get. Not going to waste more money on expensive cables.

Still got my eyes on a Galaxy S4. Just need to find one at the right price when they become available.
    Finding the right price is going to be hard. When they hit eBay within the first couple of days the prices will be in the clouds.

Quote Originally Posted by iRevival View Post
    True. Im a iPhone user but if they say its the easier of the softwares to use. I find it funny that it takes months for a jail break to come out but the androids can be rooted before they even come out.
    Last edited by mlee19841; 03-21-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Thanks

Thank god I jailbroke mine in time, see ya'll at 7.0. I be at 6.1.2 for awhile but sky the limit with a jail brake

Thanks

No jailbreak. The journey ends with the iphone5

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    boy!!!! I came so close being stuck with 5.0.1. I thought that apple was going to release a bunch of betas first before the official release like they did in the past. I was taking my sweet time updating to latest firmware/jailbreak....so yesterday when I read that 6.1.3 was officially released, I almost had a heart attack LOL!! thank God I was still within the time window to restore my 4s to 6.1.2....talking about nick of time. All is good now! both the iphone and I are happy campers..LOL!!!! Donation well spent!!
    lol I remember being like WTH???? a week ago:

http://cl.ly/NkiG

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h2a View Post
    i didn't realize that you could use the Galaxy S4 with your old iPhone accessories. Or is that just some horribly flawed logic in an effort to whine about something?
    Nope, but you CAN use them with a micro USB cable available almost everywhere (and at reasonable prices) that are also used by other devices.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.