Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iOS Update Blocks evasi0n Jailbreak After It's Been Used 18 Million Times

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorJack View Post
    If i cant JB then it's simple I'll stop buying apple phones pads pods
    EXACTLY!
    Apple are the real losers here. I was thinking of getting a 2nd hand iPhone 4S but not anymore. If it cant be jailbroken then there is no way I will get one.
    I will never get a iPhone 5 or above. They changed the plug so none of my extras will work and it wont connect to the car so I just cant get one. Thats another reason why the 4S is the highest iPhone I can ever get. Not going to waste more money on expensive cables.

Still got my eyes on a Galaxy S4. Just need to find one at the right price when they become available.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to b1997469 For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (03-21-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BhadKarma View Post
    Same here. Meh.
    My other iPhone 4 is on 6.1.2... No difference ... Atleast for the average user.
    Agree…wth, there isn't much difference between 5 and 6 for the average user.

Apple should create tiered levels of developers and allow the higher ones greater access to the OS! (And yes, pay them more as well). App geniuses like Ryan Petrich, Grant Paul, RR-Yllier should not fall into the same category as some nudnik that rights a poor angry bird knock-off!

I'm gonna pen a longer version of this notion/idea and send it to Tim Cook. Steve R.I.P. is gone now and this strangle hold on the "aging" iOS that drives creativity to the jailbreak community will be detrimental to Apple long term. 18 million is a number that shouldn't be ignored. Just sayin...

Thanks

18 million sounds like a lot until you take into consideration Apple has sold well over 100 million of them. So when comments like im not buying Apple products that cannot be JB'd just sounds silly to me. The masses will never jailbreak as they don't want to mess with their contracts, warranty and lets face it..they just would not know how to.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (03-21-2013)

My jb i5 on 6.1.2 is working pretty well, no need for update from apple.. Evasi0n did a great job so i guess i'll be waiting for ios7 then before i think of another jailbreak for my i5, or should i say i5s then if theres a major update on the next iphone release 😗..

Why if your phone gets silly? Can we restore to a fresh coy of 6.1.2?

Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    Still got my eyes on a Galaxy S4. Just need to find one at the right price when they become available.
    Won't you need new cables then?

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    18 million sounds like a lot until you take into consideration Apple has sold well over 100 million of them. So when comments like im not buying Apple products that cannot be JB'd just sounds silly to me. The masses will never jailbreak as they don't want to mess with their contracts, warranty and lets face it..they just would not know how to.
    Try over 500 million!

Quote Originally Posted by chad2ss View Post
    No you can't.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

10. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

dont forget to donate to the developers. I did

EXACTLY!
    Apple are the real losers here. I was thinking of getting a 2nd hand iPhone 4S but not anymore. If it cant be jailbroken then there is no way I will get one.
    I will never get a iPhone 5 or above. They changed the plug so none of my extras will work and it wont connect to the car so I just cant get one. Thats another reason why the 4S is the highest iPhone I can ever get. Not going to waste more money on expensive cables.

i didn't realize that you could use the Galaxy S4 with your old iPhone accessories. Or is that just some horribly flawed logic in an effort to whine about something?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to h2a For This Useful Post:

iPhone? More like MyPhone WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
    Thanks

So glad I jailbroke before apple patched it up ^.^

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

After we jailbroke 6.1.2, is there a cydia patch we can install to prevent any further attacks?

This sucks. The only reason I got an iPhone 5 was to jailbreak. I'm usually an android guy but I love iOS too as long as I have the ability to jailbreak. I'm not saying I won't ever get another iPhone over this but it sure will make me rethink it a few times. The S4 didn't really impress me. I'll wait to see how the Note 3 and iPhone 5S will be before I make my decision. Tablet wise, I'll always stick with iOS. Not really a fan of android tablets. But this news sucks. Luckily I have no reason to restore my phone nor my ipad mini yet so I hope it stays that way

iPhone? More like MyPhone leetut's Avatar
    Thanks

Wonder how many of the 18 million donated a pound like I did?

(And I wonder how long it will be before a god complex moderator or a wanna be god complex average user accuses me of being a pirate in this thread lol)
    But that's something I wonder every time I come here...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chad2ss View Post

No. Apple stopped signing 6.1.2. It won't work with Tiny Umbrella either with your saved blobs in Cydia (for restore purposes)
    SO if you did not update to 6.1.2 and JB, you are now out of luck.

I'm glad I did, and the jailbreak works perfect.

I just learned about jailbreaking my phone 2 days ago. Unfortunately I updated to 6.1.3 because I didn't know any better. I do hope this community will continue to work on jailbreaking the new OS, I only had mine for a day but it was a lot of fun. Next time I'll know better than to update before doing a search - which is how I found this forum.

I had no idea the jailbreak was only available for a few weeks - that's amazing!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to RNshark For This Useful Post:

Destan (03-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Newbie View Post
    I personally enjoy the "cat and mouse" game with Apple. I repair iPhones for a living and I have seen and heard just about everything. I do not own an iPhone and never will, but that is just me. I like them OK, but I do dislike Apple the company and the way the leave people holding their junk after they get their money. I can hardly wait to see all the hardware/software failures on peoples iPhones that happen just because they want to hurry up and stop the latest jailbreak and all the lost functionality people paid good money to have. Meanwhile Apple will have the usual dog and pony show and have people jumping through hoops trying all their "fixes" that do not work. How long will the wait be until the new iOS? Who knows. But I will make plenty of cash fixing the issues that pop up until then. Nice.
    👍👏

So what happens if my iPhone 5 breaks and I have no option but to restore it?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,179 Times in 6,198 Posts

^^ @liamcakerboyr, then your stuck without a jailbreak.

EXACTLY!

Are you implying that the Galaxy S4 uses the old iphone plugs?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast