+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Walmart Widens Reach of iPhone ‘Scan & Go’

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default Walmart Widens Reach of iPhone ‘Scan & Go’

Retail giant Walmart is expanding its iPhone Scan & Go pilot program to more than 200 stores, the company confirmed today.

If you're not familiar, the program makes it possible for shoppers to use their iPhones to scan and pay for items at self-checkout counters.

The pilot began near the company's home office in Bentonville, Arkansas in late 2012, then expanded to Atlanta, Reuters reported this morning.

While the program is tripling in size, for now it will be in only a small fraction of Walmart’s more than 4,000 U.S. stores.
    For now, Walmart is bringing “Scan & Go” to the following markets: Denver, Colorado; Phoenix, Arizona; Omaha, Nebraska; Dallas and Austin, Texas; Oklahoma City and Tulsa, Oklahoma; Wyoming; Bozeman, Montana; Seattle, Washington; San Jose, California; and Portland, Oregon.

“We want our customer feedback to dictate the experience,” says Gibu Thomas, senior vice president of mobile and digital at Walmart Global eCommerce. “You’ll see this roll out to more markets.”

Source: Reuters

Thanks

After waiting in line for 15 minutes and then still having to find someone else to unlock my printer ink, I'd love to be able to use this at my local store...

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't wait until it reaches my areas!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    After waiting in line for 15 minutes and then still having to find someone else to unlock my printer ink, I'd love to be able to use this at my local store...
    I agree i live a block away from a walmart and work at another (deli section) and am not sure if ethier of these phoenix stores have this or not but i will defanitly try it out and screen shot and possibly screencast the experience if it is offered at my nearby locations in west phoenix

What's Jailbreak? LatinKreationz's Avatar
    Thanks

I've used it about 4 times now in East Mesa, AZ in the last few weeks. I think it's awesome! It makes checking out soooo much faster.

Of the 4 times, I did have a random quality check where the cashier at the self checkout has to very 1 item in your basket to make sure you scanned it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tizocman View Post
    I agree i live a block away from a walmart and work at another (deli section) and am not sure if ethier of these phoenix stores have this or not but i will defanitly try it out and screen shot and possibly screencast the experience if it is offered at my nearby locations in west phoenix
    Something tells me that the West Phoenix stores are going to be one of the last to get it. We always get the short end of the stick on cool schit

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Walmart is bringing "Scan & Go" into a dozen more markets: Denver, Colorado; Phoenix, Arizona; Omaha, Nebraska; Dallas and Austin, Texas; Oklahoma City and Tulsa, Oklahoma; Wyoming; Bozeman, Montana; Seattle, Washington; San Jose, California; and Portland, Oregon.
    Source: The source link.

What's Jailbreak? Mannyphantom46's Avatar
    Thanks

That bad thing about this is what happen if u lose your phone. Say you left everything home and you just took your phone only. What next? It a good idea and a bad one too.
    Never add too much information in your phone. We all sometimes have so much todo in our life. I have lost many phone with all my info. So think about it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Pretty neat idea and from the locations listed, looks like I will be seeing this service at my local walmart. I haven't gone to walmart for a while but now I'm really curious to see this in action and if really helps with the wait.