+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Brings 4G LTE to Some New Locations

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
AT&T has announced Wednesday afternoon that the wireless carrier has made some adjustments to the coverage of its 4G LTE cellular network. According to the press release , AT&T has
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default AT&T Brings 4G LTE to Some New Locations

AT&T has announced Wednesday afternoon that the wireless carrier has made some adjustments to the coverage of its 4G LTE cellular network.

According to the press release, AT&T has turned on 4G LTE cellular coverage for the first time in the following locations:

• Athens, Ohio
    • Dyersburg, Tennessee
    • Sebring, Florida

In addition to adding 4G LTE cellular coverage to these new locations, it was also announced that AT&T’s 4G LTE cellular coverage has been expanded in Mobile, Alabama. The expansion means that the coverage was already there, however they've fine-tuned the coverage to make it more widely available in the location where coverage may have been spotty.

4G LTE offers a theoretical download speed of 100Mb/s; however, due to the realities of network congestion and other inconveniences, users might realistically only experience about 20-60Mb/s of download speed on their 4G LTE devices when connected to the 4G LTE network.

Many of Apple's newer devices can take advantage of the ultra-fast 4G LTE speeds, such as the iPhone 5, iPad with retina display, and iPad Mini.

Are you in any of the new locations announced to have 4G LTE coverage?

Sources: AT&T
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 03-20-2013 at 01:13 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    still nope....

Thanks

How the hell are some of these small towns getting 4G LTE?? Yeah, I know it would probably be easier to roll it out in small places, but they should be focusing on the larger cities first. My city is the 19th largest city in California, and 110th in the US, we should definitely rate higher in priority. WTF AT&T??!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Where do they get these numbers? I am lucky to get 4 Mbps on 4G and 3 Mbps on LTE in SoCal!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Perceptum View Post
    Where do they get these numbers? I am lucky to get 4 Mbps on 4G and 3 Mbps on LTE in SoCal!
    Those numbers are very real. In buffalo NY I got 60 down, 40 up regularly. I live in Montana however, and on 3G-4G here my average speed is 3-5 mbs.
    With Verizon's massive LTE rollout though, Verizon customers in tiny towns are seeing 10-20 mbs! They are catching up fast!

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

I was just in a small town in Arkansas 2400 people that had LTE averaging 16mbps. But I live near a town that has like 50,000 and they don't have LTE. heck every major city and state capital should have LTE. this is one of the slowest rollouts I ever seen makes me want to jump ship to Verizon even more. But I like my unlimited data as well as being able to call and text at the same time. Just irks me

Thanks

But wouldn't you be able to talk and browse on Verizon's LTE? Isn't it a different radio? I thought only CDMA networks had that limitation.

Green Apple
    Thanks

In the Twin Cities

[URL]

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SuperVee3 View Post
    In the Twin Cities

[URL]
    My 2 friends both on AT&T only average 20-30 in blaine, Where you testing this?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I'm in Detroit right now and this is my first time with lte. I'm disappointed to only be getting 6mbps down and Mbps up. 6up is really good. But I don't even come close to 20 down, let alone 100 down.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I noticed LTE in Newnan, GA yesterday while I was at work. After I left, I had no LTE. Back at work today, no LTE...even after toggling airplane mode. I think AT&T was only testing it here.