Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
03-20-2013, 02:18 AM #1
XBMC Updated with Support for the iPhone 5 and More
Developers of the popular open-source media player, XBMC, has updated to version 12.1 today. The update supports iOS 6 and brings better experience across all of Apple’s platforms including the Apple TV and Mac. The iOS update now makes full use of the iPhone 5’s expanded 4-inch display and brings smoother integration. Users of the Apple TV2 will also be pleased with the support for iOS6.
According to XBMC’s Nate Thomas, the full list of the 12.1 update is as follows:
- XBMC now supports using OSX’s default output device for audio as well as hardware decoding with Intel GPUs in OSX
- XBMC no longer hogs audio for Linux and on resume audio will continue to work in Linux
- Full iPhone 5 resolution is now enabled
- Volume buttons on Android devices now control Android volume, rather than XBMC volume
- Volume buttons on OSX devices once again control OSX volume, rather than XBMC volume
- Player optimization on the Raspberry Pi, including more efficient playback, better subtitle support, and many crash fixes iOS 6 support on the AppleTV 2.
- XBMC does not crash when listed on the AppleTV top shelf
- Added support for additional Xbox 360 controller types
- Broader and more intelligent support for CEC devices
- Fixed problems with several addons due to broken binary read/write in our python interface
- Language fixes, including 7 new languages: Albanian, Burmese, Malay, Persian (Iran), Tamil (India), Uzbek, Vietnamese
- AirPlay fixes, including making discovery of XBMC more reliable on OSX
- Numerous crashing and stability fixes across all platforms
XBMC is a free, open-source media player and entertainment hub for digital media that features streaming services like YouTube and Pandora. If you are interested, feel free to get it here.
03-20-2013, 07:04 AM #2
I'm sorry, but after I downloaded and installed this with the iPhone-icon pack, I was very disappointed; it is just not useable with the iPhone 5 without getting stifled.
03-20-2013, 08:54 AM #3
This is one of the best app on the iPhone. If you know how to install repos.
03-20-2013, 08:56 AM #4
It works great on my iPhone 5. This update fills the screen completely. I enjoyed watching on my iPhone the latest over the air TV show I missed.
I love XBMC.
Thanks for the update. The new features are nice, especially the updated screen size.
03-20-2013, 10:20 AM #5
03-20-2013, 12:18 PM #6
I'm happy with the moves and TV shows I watch on XBMC. There's much more than I ever could watch on xbmc. I don't use XBMC much for my saved videos or for music. Maybe one day I'll make a real media center. For now, I use it on my Windows XP laptop, a few home XP home PCs and, of course my iPhone 5.
03-20-2013, 02:14 PM #7
im typing in the repo as it says "http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/ios/" but its not working for me. Has anyone got it to work?
03-20-2013, 02:24 PM #8
03-20-2013, 05:06 PM #9
03-20-2013, 05:48 PM #10
Got it, now I need to google search for a crash course in how to use it.
I have friends with Apple TVs that swear by it. Looking forward to checking it out.
03-20-2013, 05:52 PM #11
03-21-2013, 01:46 AM #12
I love XBMC but for some reason whenever I install it, it crashes my iPad randomly so I had to stop trying. Stability of my system is after all more important. Wish there was a way they could make it more stable, cause I really enjoyed so many features.
In any case, looking forward to future releases
03-23-2013, 07:24 AM #13