+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Predictions Point Toward Apple Gaining Additional U.S. Smartphone Share in 2013

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Predictions Point Toward Apple Gaining Additional U.S. Smartphone Share in 2013

Yankee Group research is stating that Apple is likely to gain ownership share in U.S. smartphones this year, similar to the way they did last year “rather than the other way around,” reiterating the lack of excitement around Samsung’s launch of the Galaxy S4. According to the firm’s VP of Research, Carl Howe:

While Samsung updated the internals and the software, the S IV is just another iteration on the Galaxy design to be slightly bigger, faster and with a few new apps. We fully expect the Galaxy S IV to be an excellent flagship phone for Samsung, but Yankee Group doesn’t see the S IV allowing Samsung to gain ground against Apple in the crucial U.S. market.
    The research firm plotted various manufacturers’ smartphone ownership share against consumers’ reported intent to buy in future purchases, creating a graph that depicts Apple leading in both categories, and the only smartphone manufacturer within the “gaining share” territory. Based on the data collected in the Yankee Group’s March 2013 U.S. Consumer Survey, “only about 15% of consumers intend to buy a Samsung phone within the next six months, while 40% intend to buy Apple’s iPhones within that period.” Howe wrote the following regarding the topic:

That’s actually a slight decline from the December quarter. Further, Samsung isn’t generating the same kind of brand loyalty that Apple owners have; in that same survey, only 61 percent of Samsung owners intend to buy another Samsung as their next smartphone; that contrasts dramatically with 85 percent of Apple iPhone owners intending to buy another iPhone. Unless Samsung works very hard to change consumers’ minds in the next six months, we actually see Apple gaining ownership share on Samsung in the U.S. in 2013 rather than the other way around.
    Time will tell how much of this turns out to be true but given everything that has been said, it does seem likely as of right now.

Source: Yankee Group via AppleInsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

Good article.

This is stuff we already knew and speak about. That's when the samsuck trolls... Come out of the woodwork to claim some story... Yet all in all... They copied apple. Serves them right. Just look at the samsung S's as the china made iPhones. We'll say all market share the china iPhone has is iPhone in the end

They can feel free to upgrade and use 400 phones.. People only like the china iPhone for so long.

Kitchen nightmare bad restaurant cooked steak?
    Or chef Ramsey's ?

Sorry for my rant. I thought it was A+
    Last edited by BhadKarma; 03-19-2013 at 10:47 PM.

Thanks

And LOYALTY is right!!! I started out with a first Gen IPod touch. Now my whole family has iPhones 4&up. We have 3 iPads (granddaughter has the first one ;-) and last year I just HAD TO get a Mac Book Pro!! Just a 13in but I LOVE IT!! Then low and behold I got Apple TV for Mothers Day last year too!! (I think there's even a couple Nanos still kicking around )
    I would NEVER betray APPLE!!!

Samsung Good Luck with all that hey.
    Your gonna need it :-p

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

But you can "hover" touch with the new Samsung! That means you can....fast forward a video while eating chili cheese fries!!? How could u not be a loyal Samsung customer with blockbuster/game changing features like that!?
    El Zurdo

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

News flash folks. Samsung is not the only Android OS phone provider. Seems like folks are especially intimidated by Samsung tho'.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

Banned
    Thanks

apple's market share will drop as soon as the S4 hits the streets then come back up when the iPhone-more-of-the-same is released. worldwide market share however is the real deal and that's where apple is still sliding and Android is still rising.

Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    News flash folks. Samsung is not the only Android OS phone provider. Seems like folks are especially intimidated by Samsung tho'.
    even Google.
    Last edited by jOnGarrett; 03-20-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    apple's market share will drop as soon as the S4 hits the streets then come back up when the iPhone-more-of-the-same is released. worldwide market share however is the real deal and that's where apple is still sliding and Android is still rising.

even Google.
    More correctly, the Motorola division of Google.

What's Jailbreak? Mannyphantom46's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple, Apple, sweet apple. that all I dream of
    S4 wow! Still plastic, not my style.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mannyphantom46 View Post
    RAZR MAXX HD. Kevlar and metal. Ideal size screen and fits in MY hand perfectly. Easier to use the screen for actual WORKING type stuff. My phones aren't gaming platforms for me. IPhone 5 screen is normally cramped for folks with large hands. For those with bird sized hands its fine, or those that don't do a lot of text input. SSH from my Android is much easier to use than on my iPhone.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mannyphantom46 View Post
    glass and aluminum covered with an ugly, bulky plastic case. totally not my style. come May I'll be enjoying a 1080p display with over 400ppi, 5.1 surround sound and totally new an awesome never before seen features on an cell phone. meanwhile, the next iPhone will have 2 flash bulbs lmao.