Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases iOS 6.1.3

Could you still restore to 6.1 if your already on 6.1? As in, restore just to fix problems. Or do you need Apple to sign it even for that?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Depends on what phone ya have and blobs if you have an iPhone 4 or lowers

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
    Could you still restore to 6.1 if your already on 6.1? As in, restore just to fix problems. Or do you need Apple to sign it even for that?
    only on iPhone 4 and lower. We all need to be VERY careful now that we don't do something to force a restore. You'd lose lose your jailbreak all together until the next one.

Until Redsnow comes out with a tool for 6.1.2 to 6.1.2 like they had for 5.1.1 to 5.1.1 restoring.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Omg I just restore my iPhone 5 yesterday lol I'm so glad it was yeateday and not today. No jb is like having no tv at home lol.
    Instagram: zplit
    Twitter: zplit

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    I think a better question would have to be, why is anyone still on iOS 5? Unless you have the first iPad, everyone should've updated to iOS 6.1.2 and jailbroken their devices. If you didn't do that in the couple of months that the jailbreak was out, you don't deserve to have a iOS 6 jailbroken device.
    The easy answer is IOS5.1.1 is better for a lot of devices. On my iPhone4 IOS5.1.1 is smoother, faster and all the jailbreak apps I use work. On IOS6.1.2 half the jailbreak apps I use dont work or buggy as hell, the AppStore is so crap on IOS6 its better to get your apps from other places as its quicker. On the iPhone 4 I couldn't even open up my purchased list of apps as it just didn't load that page. In IOS5.1.1 it works without any problems.
    Apple Maps. Thats 1 very good reason to stay on IOS5.1.1 with Google Maps.

With some jailbreak apps you have to buy them again for IOS6 so if you stay on IOS5 you can keep using them without any further cost.

I love the iPhone... but Android now seems to be gaining more popularity... of course... they don't have to jailbreak their devices to get simple widgets... lol. Apple... if you don't up your game... I'm switching over to Android.
    Apple just recently stated that the market in India is great for the iPhone (late realization you idiots... ppl have been buying here since the 3GS days... from outside the country or from the black market at exorbitant rates). Another thing... your new Maps app... SUCK!!!
    You can't even get the major roads right from the satellite images... and I'm taking about Mumbai... the financial hub of India.. WTF is wrong with you Apple... the GPS positioning is way way off track!! So stop releasing USELESS software updates and FIX the major problems!! I'm so glad I still have my 3GS on 5.1.1... love the Google maps.
    4S (6.1.2) is of no use to me at the moment cuz of your bad GPS positioning... even with google maps app... the positioning is wrong. I am assuming that Apple hasn't mapped the globe properly to their GPS tags...
    Last edited by jigar7; 03-19-2013 at 11:28 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

if you have your SHSH blobs saved, just use iFaith to restore your phone. Simple.

Thanks for the information and the warning for jailbreaked iPhones.

Quote Originally Posted by macsrock View Post
    All joking aside, are you happy with the Note 2?

is the Galaxy S4 lower resolution?
    The Galaxy S4 is higher resolution. Note 2 is the one with a lower resolution screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherscourge View Post
    5.1.1 was great because it was Jailbreakable AND was the last Jaulbreakable iOS with Google Maps as the default map application.
    Just download Google Maps from the AppStore!
    Last edited by regkilla; 03-20-2013 at 01:26 AM.

when I first read this news earlier today about Apple officially releasing 6.1.3 without first releasing several betas like they always had, I almost shat myself as I thought I was stuck with firmware 5.0.1. Thank God Apple was or still signing off for 6.1.2....so I went and immediately restored my iphone 4s via pwn dfu to firmware 6.1.2/jailbreak. So Apple is playing this new dirty trick now by not releasing several betas first. If it wasn't for jailbreak and appstore, I would have gone android long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    if you have your SHSH blobs saved, just use iFaith to restore your phone. Simple.
    Even on iPhone 5?

Quote Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post
    Even on iPhone 5?
    Seriously does anyone read the comments before they post. This was mentioned quite a few times. Blobs do not work for 4s and up.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to highboi For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (03-20-2013)

Thanks

I guess not

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (03-20-2013)

I have an iPod touch (4th gen) still on 6.1. Just recently downloaded the 6.1.2 .ipsw.
    Can I DFU restore to 6.1.2?
    Cydia says that I have blobs saved for 6.1.2 (starting with 4.2.1 o.o)
    Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,286 Times in 7,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gio32999 View Post
    I have an iPod touch (4th gen) still on 6.1. Just recently downloaded the 6.1.2 .ipsw.
    Can I DFU restore to 6.1.2?
    Cydia says that I have blobs saved for 6.1.2 (starting with 4.2.1 o.o)
    Thanks in advance!
    Yes, using the redsnow stitch shsh feature you can.

I'm lucky to hv updated my iOS to 6.1.2 and got it jailbroken last Friday

I as many of you have been a i device fanatic. Everyone that knew me related me to apple. I was extremely let down when the 5 was released, mainly screen size. I would settle for a slower phone for size. Well. I acted and jumped ship to the hated Samsung gsiii. Screen attracted me but the ability to throw my 64 gig card and the extended 4300 battery that lasts almost 2 days has kept me. Open sourced and a hackers dream. Xda developer helped root and do so much with my phone. I was so happy with my iPhone that I really didn't realize what was out there. I have my iPhone to my 2 1/2 yr old daughter. She mastered it. I know. People ask then why am I on here. I picked up her phone and check on you guys from time to time. I wish apple would wake up. Screen size does matter. Big is best. Wider is better. Two hands or not. I love my Samsung. So I guess I welcome the hate I shall receive. You won't receive hate in xda.

Nooooooooo, it. I downloaded iblacklist and it fully crashed my phone, uninstalled and then reinstalled and heaps of crashes and issues. Restored my iphone and guess what 6.1.3 is now on my phone and no way to jailbreak. i hate you Apple and what bad timing. Heres hoping its not long until Evaders have a new jailbreak happening or im going over to the dark side Android so i dont have to around with all this crap jailbreaking etc.
    Last edited by 2k1; 03-20-2013 at 06:36 AM.

Thanks

Please watch the language on the forum and obey the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsouthernindiana View Post
    Screen size does matter. Big is best. Wider is better.
    for you.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast