+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upcoming T-Mobile Event to Unveil New Wireless Plans, iPhone Unlikely

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Upcoming T-Mobile Event to Unveil New Wireless Plans, iPhone Unlikely

The fourth largest U.S. wireless carrier, T-Mobile, is expected to outline its latest technology and pricing enhancements at an event scheduled for March 26 in New York. It was noted that customers who are awaiting the much-anticipated introduction of Apple’s iOS devices to the telecom’s network may have to wait a bit longer though.

Originally noted by AllThingsD, T-Mobile is expected to offer its first Apple devices to customers in 2013, though the publication doesn’t expect such an announcement to be made at next week’s event. Instead, the company will likely focus on its push into high-speed LTE data and a move away from subsidized pricing plans.

The carrier is said to have bolstered its network in Las Vegas and Kansas City to handle 4G LTE, but has yet to flip the switch on the service that would allow customers access to faster data speeds. Of the top four U.S. telecoms, T-Mobile is the last to roll out the protocol to customers.

As far as the new pricing options go, T-Mobile has been said to be moving away from subsidizing handsets for contract customers, instead putting more emphasis on its “value plans.” Meanwhile, the company has also said it plans to shift away from subsidizing phones for contract customers in favor of its “value plans,” which has subscribers pay full price for a smartphone but with lower monthly rates. This helps customers save money in the long term as long as they stay with T-Mobile.

How do you T-Mobile iPhone users feel about the news?

Source: AllThingsD

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

Tmo won't be taken seriously until they have the iPhone..they won't see second or third unless they do. Is there any explanation as to why they don't have it by now?

iPhone? More like MyPhone MoDaLoT's Avatar
    Thanks

Forget T-Mobile I hope they don't ever get the iPhone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Great! Finally a carrier with a rational plan. If only people were less stupid they'd see that paying your phone either upfront or in clear monthly fees, and then bee free from these for a long time is a much better deal (unless you are dumb enough to really think you need a new phone every year).

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Tmo won't be taken seriously until they have the iPhone..they won't see second or third unless they do. Is there any explanation as to why they don't have it by now?
    They tried making deals with android to become exclusive android and remain iphoneless, android really didn't step up to the platform for them (by giving the same devices to all carriers) and they got screwed. The only reason people are still with them is cause they are a big carrier and very affordable.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MoDaLoT View Post
    Forget T-Mobile I hope they don't ever get the iPhone.
    It's already confirmed they will get it. It's only a matter of time now.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    I think it was because

1. There network was not very spread or reliable. But that idea went out the window when sprint grabbed the iphone.

2. then I thought they could not support the subsidy or move the volume apple would demand. So maybe softbank had a big influence in that area.

3. It's anyone's guess

Green Apple
    Thanks

My wish is that they'd never officially get the iPhone. Their bring-your-own-handset is fine enough for iPhone users who actually want to save money (which, let's face it, the general populous of iPhone users aren't frugal spenders). Plus, the other carriers' quality pretty much tanked as soon as they started carrying the iPhone, due to surges in data demand. We all know how that played out -- draconian tiers of plans and data caps.

Tl;dr: I think it's because they don't currently have the iPhone that T-Mobile is the best cell carrier in the US right now.