+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gazelle CEO: No iPhone Trade-in Spike Expected After Galaxy S4 Announcement

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
This morning on CNBC, Gazelle CEO Israel Ganot revealed in an interview that smartphone trade-ins have begun to climb dramatically since late last week when Samsung raised the curtain on
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Gazelle CEO: No iPhone Trade-in Spike Expected After Galaxy S4 Announcement

This morning on CNBC, Gazelle CEO Israel Ganot revealed in an interview that smartphone trade-ins have begun to climb dramatically since late last week when Samsung raised the curtain on its new Galaxy S4 smartphone. But the increase, he claims, hasn't taken much of a toll on Apple's iPhone.

Based on the trend established during the last three days, it's primarily the Galaxy device user base that is interested in trading in a previous Galaxy model for the new S4, which will launch this spring.

If the numbers translate into market activity, the iPhone ecosystem won't see an exodus of iDevice loyalists flocking to the Galaxy S4. From the available preliminary data, it appears that the customers inclined to trade in their current smartphone already own an Android-powered Samsung device.

To listen to Ganot's brief interview from this morning, click here.

Source: CNBC

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Why would anyone trade in there phone now when the s4 is not even out yet? I think these statistics will change when the s4 is released.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Why would anyone trade in there phone now when the s4 is not even out yet? I think these statistics will change when the s4 is released.
    True. Only time will tell, me personally I'm not impressed by the s4 from what I've see. I need to actually play with it vs making a decision based off specs or YouTube vids

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Why would anyone trade in an iPhone when they can sell it to some sap for more money than any store would offer??
    Why would Loyalist flocking to something else, if they can change their mind that quickly they would not be called loyalist...
    Last edited by unison999; 03-18-2013 at 04:13 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 667 Posts

Well I got 400.00 on ebay for my 4S when I bought my iPhone 5 😉

Banned
    Thanks

people don't necessarily have to get rid of their iPhones to get the S4. I have the S3 and Note and we still have our iPhones (one is collecting dust, the other is used for games by my 10yr old)

iPhone? More like MyPhone 8lias's Avatar
    Thanks

Most iphone owners have more than just the phone. Mac, dock speaker, charging cables, iCloud, iTunes, Apps, convenient supports, ecosystem, and familiarity. Humans are creature of habit and comfort zone.

By the way, the S5 is coming out so people will be confused with the 5S.
    Last edited by 8lias; 03-18-2013 at 07:22 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 8lias For This Useful Post:

novadam (03-18-2013)

Thanks

yup, it's easy to confuse a droid user, especially a samslung fan. jOnGarrett, sounds like your 10 year old has the brains of the house. I use my iPhone for work, entertainment, travel, you name it.....it does better than any droid. I know this for a fact as some co-workers with their droids can't do half the work related tasks I can on my iPhone. Cold hard proof droid children, now go get your pacifiers, hold your banky...it's bedtime.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cgfusion View Post
    yup, it's easy to confuse a droid user, especially a samslung fan. jOnGarrett, sounds like your 10 year old has the brains of the blah blah blah....
    One look at your previous comments and one can clearly see you are as ignorant as any fanboy. Apple is an "American" company? I suppose you think Walmart is as well... And Google, too? Did you know Google pays nearly no taxes? At all? How American is that?

In an case, I'm not in favor of the S3, or 4. I got me a Nexus 4 and quickly sold my iPhone 4 (had it since release day) for $300 bucks. I can do pretty much everything I did before and more. There will always be "stuff" that's exclusive from one platform to the other. I like both equally since I still have 2 iPads (for me and the wife) and her iPhone 4 as well.

What made me switch was the size. I see you try to convince people that "smaller" is better and anything other then 4" is too big. Well, that's just personal preference but when I hold my wife's iPhone after using the N4 for a month, it feels cramped and felt like an inferior device. You know how you had those old "dumb" phones before the iPhone and after using the iPhone for a while then you go back to get something from the old phone, it just feels like crap? That's what I felt when I hold my wife's phone now. Small screen, large bezels, and outdated design. When I held my friend's iPhone 5, I can honestly say it didn't feel much different. Everything just so cramped together. It's too light and narrow that it feels "girlish" in a way. I felt apple really copped out with the iPhone 5, and will most likely do the same with the 5s. Anything apple can come out within the near future is just playing catch up, hardware and software wise.

Thanks

yup, it's easy to confuse a droid user, especially a samslung fan. jOnGarrett, sounds like your 10 year old has the brains of the house. I use my iPhone for work, entertainment, travel, you name it.....it does better than any droid. I know this for a fact as some co-workers with their droids can't do half the work related tasks I can on my iPhone. Cold hard proof droid children, now go get your pacifiers, hold your banky...it's bedtime.
    People on here complain about Android "fanboys" coming here and talking how good Android is and Apple sucks. Yet here you are trying to defend your iphone talking about "facts". LOL no one here was trying to say Android is better. Think you need to grow up a bit and learn what a "fact" really means before you start spewing garbage.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

I know it's a lot easier to work on my VPS for my forum from my Galaxy Tab 7.7 than my iPad mini. Still haven't found a good reasonable priced SSH client that does private keys for the iPad.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.