+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Announces New Mobile Share Plans for Businesses and Customers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
AT&T has Monday afternoon announced some all-new shared data plans to be made available for business customers starting March 22, 2013: Originally Posted by AT&T The new plans are ideal
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 785 Posts

Default AT&T Announces New Mobile Share Plans for Businesses and Customers

AT&T has Monday afternoon announced some all-new shared data plans to be made available for business customers starting March 22, 2013:

Quote Originally Posted by AT&T
    The new plans are ideal for businesses, as well as consumers who need more data, and build on AT&T’s existing Mobile Share plans with expanded options of 30 GB, 40 GB and 50 GB, including unlimited calls and texts. In addition, AT&T is offering new Mobile Share – Data plans for businesses and consumers and new Business Pooled Nation for Data plans for business customers.
    The plans will offer large pools of data, including a 30GB option, 40GB option, and 50GB option. AT&T states that any customer can sign up for these data plans if they feel like they need more data, whether they're with a business or not.

The 30GB data option with unlimited talk and text will cost $300 per month with an additional $30 per month per device, the 40GB data option with unlimited talk and text will cost $400 per month with an additional $30 per month per device, and finally the 50GB data option with unlimited talk and text will cost $500 per month with an additional $30 per month per device.

For those that plan to only use data, and aren’t much of talkers or texters, AT&T will also offer the 30GB, 40GB, and 50GB data options as data-only plans for less money. The 30GB data-only plan will cost $185 per month with an additional $30 per month per device, the 40GB data-only plan will cost $260 per month with an additional $30 per month per device, and the 50GB data-only play will cost $335 per month with an additional $30 per month per device.

According to AT&T, businesses will be able to have up to 15 devices on the 30GB plan, up to 20 devices on the 40GB plan, and up to 25 devices on the 50GB plan. Adding phones to these plans will cost $30 more per month per device, adding laptops, quick-connect cards, or netbooks to these plans will cost $20 more per device per month, and adding tablets or gaming devices to these plans will cost $10 more per device per month.

The additional data plans sure do give consumers more bang for their buck, but they’re definitely not cheap. The good news is at least AT&T is opening their maximum data spectrum.

Sources: AT&T Press Release
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 03-18-2013 at 01:10 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm at .7 /6 GB and my bill resets on the 28th and I'm on Verizon... I'm on wifi most of the time so I hardly use data. But I'm glad to see company's taking steps to offer heavy users more data.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@fanboyfanboy either your new to this or your an idiot!! They used to offer an "unlimited" plan which would have gotten you 30, 40 or 100gb, and even if you had Unlimited talk and text your bill was $130-150. Now they are going to charge you MINIMUM $300 for the EXACT SAME THING....BUTTTT with limits!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlakGzus View Post
    @fanboyfanboy either your new to this or your an idiot!! They used to offer an "unlimited" plan which would have gotten you 30, 40 or 100gb, and even if you had Unlimited talk and text your bill was $130-150. Now they are going to charge you MINIMUM $300 for the EXACT SAME THING....BUTTTT with limits!!
    They had speed caps.
    After a certain limit, the speed will become half or a quarter of the oroginal speed. So 'technically' its unlimited, but in real terms, its not.
    I still dont know about the new plan though. There must be some catch.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Jesus US prices are ridiculous, you can get a SIM only plan for about 16 with unlimited data in UK.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Also they increased my 26% off discount that they offer to all premium accounts to the employees where I work to 28% plus some extra things.... cool...

Attached Images Attached Images

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mohit555 View Post
    They had speed caps.
    After a certain limit, the speed will become half or a quarter of the oroginal speed. So 'technically' its unlimited, but in real terms, its not.
    I still dont know about the new plan though. There must be some catch.
    You must be new. Speed caps were not implemented on unlimited data plans by AT&T until late 2011 and they reduced you to GPRS speeds.

There are still no speed caps for the remaining unlimited iPad data plans that were sold for about a month in 2010, which are now being used for unlimited LTE service for $29.99/month.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BrutuSX For This Useful Post:

Mohit555 (03-18-2013)

Thanks

Thankfullly I'm grandfathered in for unlimited data. I use about 4-5gb/month without getting capped.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    Thankfullly I'm grandfathered in for unlimited data. I use about 4-5gb/month without getting capped.
    Me too, but Im glad they gave me more % off
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

300$ a month holy **** lmfao so gald i left at&t i pay 500$ for a year of unlimited service with straight talk........ been using is for 6 months now never had any problems i also have unilmited data with it too so ya **** at&t

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

What am I missing here? This doesn't seem to be all that good at all. I can already get 20GB for $200 and $30 per line. Each GB additional is $10. So if I actually USE 300GB I pay $200 plus $100 in overages for a grand total of $300. That seems a hell of a lot better than paying the $300 every month and hope I am actually using the additional 10GB that I am paying for.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 03-18-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlakGzus View Post
    I'm not new at all, nor am I am idiot.
    I know about the unlimited as my mother still has a grandfathered plan from Verizon. Now with that being said, they got rid of unlimited plans along with AT&T because of network congestion. I don't blame them, look at the speed difference between sprint and Verizon or AT&T, that's because people just blow thru data like it's nothing. Which comes at a cost, a slow network, I prefer usage limits as it forces people to use in perspective. 6GB is way more then one person should ever need. I'm constantly on twitter, this app, Instagram, gizmodo etc and I do not get anywhere need my limit. And for $480 6 people split 30 GB of data and unlimited texting and talking. That's $80 a person. How do you not think that is a great deal?

iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

Fan boy trust me... It's not. Took a trip from Caro MI to Colorado Springs, listening to a lil pandora and using my gps. Data gone. With caps in place i couldn't Facebook anyone or get a text out once my gps was none functional due to slow speeds. Later I bought serious radio and a tom tom just so I wouldn't have to worry about data overages. Didn't use to be that way. Now using my phone as a travel companion is strictly for short trips to new addresses in my neighbor or maybe a quick trip to the store in my work truck.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

$500 per month??? WTF

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DieselVexx View Post
    Fan boy trust me... It's not. Took a trip from Caro MI to Colorado Springs, listening to a lil pandora and using my gps. Data gone. With caps in place i couldn't Facebook anyone or get a text out once my gps was none functional due to slow speeds. Later I bought serious radio and a tom tom just so I wouldn't have to worry about data overages. Didn't use to be that way. Now using my phone as a travel companion is strictly for short trips to new addresses in my neighbor or maybe a quick trip to the store in my work truck.
    I know pandora kills data, but I use the apple maps pretty frequently and it actually has very little data usage? I know I'm I'm the minority for data usage, but I'm saying that this is actually a really good deal

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My current plan is grandfathered in as unlimited. This doesn't sound too bad compared to what we pay for 25+ phones on our company plan. I manage our cell phones and we shell out a ton of dough for company phones. This might actually save us some. It would be even better if they offered up new devices at a deep discount regardless of current eligibility.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lukeyb View Post
    Jesus US prices are ridiculous, you can get a SIM only plan for about 16 with unlimited data in UK.
    But in the UK are there arrogant data hogs that use hundreds of gb per month just because they can? Also, the UK is a smaller area, so their network is much more consolidated. I would think that may be one reason they can offer better services more affordably.

Also, interestingly enough, I have a 5gb plan, and if I went over, which I never do, it would be $10 per gb. Soooo if I used 30 gb it would be $300. How is this different than my current plan?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

100 bucks for 10 gb?!?! Jesus!!! We need to send another petition to the whitehouse...

AT&T should include a free bottle of Vaseline with each 2 year contract...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UrghArgh View Post
    Lol, network congestion. That's about as valid an excuse as forcing cab drivers to use a 5mph lane to alleviate severe traffic. As much as I hate cab drivers, that would be outrageously unfair.

Plain and simple, AT&T screwed themselves with unlimited data plans. Then, instead of doing the right thing and upgrading their network to handle the increased usage that was brought on by faster download speeds and smartphones, they decided it would be more profitable to change the terms of usage for unlimited data plans and screw even their loyalest of customers. Only an idiot buys into the BS that it was to remedy network congestion.

My family account still has 3 out of 4 lines grandfathered into unlimited data (4th line is a dumb phone). Other than the rare occasion that I tether my iMac via TetherMe, none of us will ever use more than a couple hundred MB per month because we're on WiFi 90% of the time and our account has a boatload of rollover minutes that we'll never use, but it would be far more expensive to switch our 4-line account to their new plans.
    So sprint kept unlimited data, and haven't updated their network and it's incredibly slow. So if AT&T did that would you still be happy? The answer is no. I understand your point of view, your plan fits your needs. Even with unlimited data you hardly use any of it. But look at the heavy usage people, this is nice. 6 people get 5 GB of data ( more or less depending on how heavy each user is) unlimited talk, and unlimited text. For $80 a person, want to have a little over 6 GB per person? It's only $16 more. That's far cheaper than my plan on Verizon. This is a very solid deal if people look into it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    So sprint kept unlimited data, and haven't updated their network and it's incredibly slow. So if AT&T did that would you still be happy? The answer is no. I understand your point of view, your plan fits your needs. Even with unlimited data you hardly use any of it. But look at the heavy usage people, this is nice. 6 people get 5 GB of data ( more or less depending on how heavy each user is) unlimited talk, and unlimited text. For $80 a person, want to have a little over 6 GB per person? It's only $16 more. That's far cheaper than my plan on Verizon. This is a very solid deal if people look into it.
    It is a solid deal. However, people, in the US especially, don't like limitations. Even if they will never use it, they always want more and better service. The grass is always greener somewhere else, and we seem to like complaining.